GS shatter-burst a little too strong?

NaXorb.9732

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Thothkepara.2539" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > When I get blown up (and hell it happens) by a Shatter, I tell myself:

> > > “Crap, I didn’t account for that mesmer stealthing and switching on me.” Or “Crap, I didn’t read that guy swapping on me and going full blown tunnel vision.”

> > > When Casual Joe gets blown up:

> > > “GoddamnMesmerNubOPIgotmadskillzIdienubzbrokenspecbbqwentonfire.” Or simply “I got killed! Nerf Plox!”

> > >

> > > As you can see it’s all about perception and how different people see the same problem.

> >

> > This.

> >

> > I have been a Mes main since vanilla and have more time logged in WvW than anything else. I'm no pro, but I've tried every Mes build there is meta and otherwise. Shatter is one of the highest skill caps in the game, a ton of effort for literally a crapshoot of a pay off. When it works, it's amazing, but for most Mes players, its going to be a frustrating climb to ever learn how to play reliably. If you're a player that's been bombed a Shatter Mes, you're probably a "Casual Joe" who was on the unfortunate end of someone else's luck. If you've been bombed by one several times, it's probably a Mes player who is actually good at a very difficult setup to run with any consistency. And trust me, those people are rare.

>

> Or, consider this. Maybe it's not healthy for that much damage to be done from stealth with zero tell, regardless of if you saw the mesmer stealth or not. It was certainly deemed that way for Thieves backstabs, which caused various nerfs directly affecting it's potency year after year. And most recently, Death's Judgement was deemed too powerful for a "no-tell" shot from stealth - even though it already had the largest tell in the game - now it combines that and the requirement of having a large/bright target over the victim's head well before. And each argument you've stated above can be applied to either of those moves I've mentioned (seriously, just change "Shatter Mes" or "Mes" to "Power Thief" or "Teef"). So...why do you think you are exempt?

. . . .

Greatsword 2 has a big tell..

You can see a big pink blade flying towards you, other than that, you count to 2.

Very different from a class that can camp stealth for 10+ seconds yea?

And iirc the only nerf that really hurt backstab was the cd when you either miss or get blocked..

Which is in line with every other skill that gets blocked or misses yea?

To add, thief's damage hasn't been nerfed.

You can still global someone with 2 buttons and you can do so faster than a mesmer, with more ways to bail if it goes south.

So lets not pretend thief all of a sudden is in a bad place. lol

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Thothkepara.2539" said:

> > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > When I get blown up (and hell it happens) by a Shatter, I tell myself:

> > > > “Crap, I didn’t account for that mesmer stealthing and switching on me.” Or “Crap, I didn’t read that guy swapping on me and going full blown tunnel vision.”

> > > > When Casual Joe gets blown up:

> > > > “GoddamnMesmerNubOPIgotmadskillzIdienubzbrokenspecbbqwentonfire.” Or simply “I got killed! Nerf Plox!”

> > > >

> > > > As you can see it’s all about perception and how different people see the same problem.

> > >

> > > This.

> > >

> > > I have been a Mes main since vanilla and have more time logged in WvW than anything else. I'm no pro, but I've tried every Mes build there is meta and otherwise. Shatter is one of the highest skill caps in the game, a ton of effort for literally a crapshoot of a pay off. When it works, it's amazing, but for most Mes players, its going to be a frustrating climb to ever learn how to play reliably. If you're a player that's been bombed a Shatter Mes, you're probably a "Casual Joe" who was on the unfortunate end of someone else's luck. If you've been bombed by one several times, it's probably a Mes player who is actually good at a very difficult setup to run with any consistency. And trust me, those people are rare.

> >

> > Or, consider this. Maybe it's not healthy for that much damage to be done from stealth with zero tell, regardless of if you saw the mesmer stealth or not. It was certainly deemed that way for Thieves backstabs, which caused various nerfs directly affecting it's potency year after year. And most recently, Death's Judgement was deemed too powerful for a "no-tell" shot from stealth - even though it already had the largest tell in the game - now it combines that and the requirement of having a large/bright target over the victim's head well before. And each argument you've stated above can be applied to either of those moves I've mentioned (seriously, just change "Shatter Mes" or "Mes" to "Power Thief" or "Teef"). So...why do you think you are exempt?

>

> . . . .

> Greatsword 2 has a big tell..

>

> You can see a big pink blade flying towards you, other than that, you count to 2.

> Very different from a class that can camp stealth for 10+ seconds yea?

>

> And iirc the only nerf that really hurt backstab was the cd when you either miss or get blocked..

> Which is in line with every other skill that gets blocked or misses yea?

>

> To add, thief's damage hasn't been nerfed.

> You can still global someone with 2 buttons and you can do so faster than a mesmer, with more ways to bail if it goes south.

> So lets not pretend thief all of a sudden is in a bad place. lol

>

>

If your enemy can see the "big pink blade" with enough time to dodge based off of that visual - then I'm sorry but you are not very skilled at playing GS Shatter mesmer, for reasons that should be obvious to anyone remotely familiar with the build. That being said - I think Thief is in a great spot, maybe needs some buff to Rifle, (and when another profession's skill gets blocked or misses, they didn't have to waste 2-3 other skills and perhaps a utility or two to even gain the opportunity to attempt to use the skill in the first place - no, definitively not "in line") but that's not what this is about, so take your deflection attempts elsewhere and please stay on topic. I am merely showing that there have been game-wide passive/defense buffs, as well as nerfs to thief-abilities that empowered the 1HKO spikes - so why should this still exist so openly on Mesmer?

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> I am merely showing that there have been game-wide passive/defense buffs, as well as nerfs to thief-abilities that empowered the 1HKO spikes - so why should this still exist so openly on Mesmer?

Because Thief still has access to most of it, and it's stealth bursts are still comparable to Mesmer? Any passive buffs that reduce 1HKO spikes, Mesmer is just as subject to.

You may feel Rifle is lacking, but it's a fair trade off if you can worry less about cleave and AoE pressure with positioning. Plus you can (relatively) safely try again.

Deadeye shouldn't even be relevant to this conversation since D/P DD is the closest comparable to GS burst, especially when considering Mirage.

Thief still has the freedom to delay in stealth for a long time at very little cost to force out enemy defensive cooldowns; if people are asked to play around this,

then asking people to play around stealth + mirror blade shatter isn't unreasonable, and that's before taking into account Thief's ability to ignore blocks with bask venom.

In terms of damage thief still has better damage passives, crit rates, and coefficients, or at the very least don't need to sacrifice much to obtain them as most of the build's meta kit falls into it's synergy neatly. Right now I wont argue that thief is easier nowadays, but it is; and has always been, less limited than power shatter.

There is a clear reason why power shatter builds have not been desirable sPvP slot picks since Chrono, while D/P DD remains so. (or at least more so.)

Majority of this game is reads anyways, tells don't need to be under scrutiny as much as anything that _safely_ hides your mix-ups, which is something thief has a lot of tools for, and Mesmer until Mirage shuffles was lacking.

What thief had at first was to strong, so it was nerfed. Mes always had inferior burst, set up, and mix up tools.

Thief and Mes are closer in line now, while still allowing them to be different.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > > @"Thothkepara.2539" said:

> > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > When I get blown up (and hell it happens) by a Shatter, I tell myself:

> > > > > “Crap, I didn’t account for that mesmer stealthing and switching on me.” Or “Crap, I didn’t read that guy swapping on me and going full blown tunnel vision.”

> > > > > When Casual Joe gets blown up:

> > > > > “GoddamnMesmerNubOPIgotmadskillzIdienubzbrokenspecbbqwentonfire.” Or simply “I got killed! Nerf Plox!”

> > > > >

> > > > > As you can see it’s all about perception and how different people see the same problem.

> > > >

> > > > This.

> > > >

> > > > I have been a Mes main since vanilla and have more time logged in WvW than anything else. I'm no pro, but I've tried every Mes build there is meta and otherwise. Shatter is one of the highest skill caps in the game, a ton of effort for literally a crapshoot of a pay off. When it works, it's amazing, but for most Mes players, its going to be a frustrating climb to ever learn how to play reliably. If you're a player that's been bombed a Shatter Mes, you're probably a "Casual Joe" who was on the unfortunate end of someone else's luck. If you've been bombed by one several times, it's probably a Mes player who is actually good at a very difficult setup to run with any consistency. And trust me, those people are rare.

> > >

> > > Or, consider this. Maybe it's not healthy for that much damage to be done from stealth with zero tell, regardless of if you saw the mesmer stealth or not. It was certainly deemed that way for Thieves backstabs, which caused various nerfs directly affecting it's potency year after year. And most recently, Death's Judgement was deemed too powerful for a "no-tell" shot from stealth - even though it already had the largest tell in the game - now it combines that and the requirement of having a large/bright target over the victim's head well before. And each argument you've stated above can be applied to either of those moves I've mentioned (seriously, just change "Shatter Mes" or "Mes" to "Power Thief" or "Teef"). So...why do you think you are exempt?

> >

> > . . . .

> > Greatsword 2 has a big tell..

> >

> > You can see a big pink blade flying towards you, other than that, you count to 2.

> > Very different from a class that can camp stealth for 10+ seconds yea?

> >

> > And iirc the only nerf that really hurt backstab was the cd when you either miss or get blocked..

> > Which is in line with every other skill that gets blocked or misses yea?

> >

> > To add, thief's damage hasn't been nerfed.

> > You can still global someone with 2 buttons and you can do so faster than a mesmer, with more ways to bail if it goes south.

> > So lets not pretend thief all of a sudden is in a bad place. lol

> >

> >

>

> If your enemy can see the "big pink blade" with enough time to dodge based off of that visual - then I'm sorry but you are not very skilled at playing GS Shatter mesmer, for reasons that should be obvious to anyone remotely familiar with the build.

Guess that means people that consistently dodge this combo are gods among mere mortals?

( like most people in this thread that offered you and others ways to completely avoid this combo, because anyone that is even remotely familiar with this build shouldn't have a hard time predicting the initiation of this combo, for obvious reasons of course.)

I also did say "other than that you count to 2"

I am giving you counters to two scenerios

You see a mesmer in the distance, maybe they used all the stealth, maybe they are near earth keep and have perma revealed, but they want to burst you

You will literally see the wind up of GS2

If you get hit with this well..................... other than that...If you are aware and see a mesmer dissappear, You count to two

it isn't hard to do, so maybe if you get hit with this, you may not be very skilled OR maybe you just aren't aware of your surroundings enough

As was said earlier in this thread.

>That being said - I think Thief is in a great spot, maybe needs some buff to Rifle, (and when another profession's skill gets blocked or misses, they didn't have to waste 2-3 other skills and perhaps a utility or two to even gain the opportunity to attempt to use the skill in the first place - no, definitively not "in line")

2-3 skills?

Please tell us more about having to waste just 2-3 skills to have a chance at landing burst. Do you think clones just appear? Do you think a mesmer walks up to people and just shatters? 2-3 skills (most of which have no CD, you forgot that part) is a lot nicer than being forced to use at least 5-6

but please..

tell us more..

>but that's not what this is about, so take your deflection attempts elsewhere and please stay on topic. I am merely showing that there have been game-wide passive/defense buffs, as well as nerfs to thief-abilities that empowered the 1HKO spikes - so why should this still exist so openly on Mesmer?

The ability to 1HKO ( or in this case combo a 1HKO, because the shatter mesmer uses a combo of skills) still exist and has existed on multiple classes , ESPECIALLY on thief since HoT. So I am wondering why you have an issue when we add mesmer to the same bubble with PoF?

> > Or, consider this. Maybe it's not healthy for that much damage to be done from stealth with zero tell,

Yet thief does this EXACT thing.

So who are you really trying to convince with that statement? You have the audacity to say " Thief is in a good place"?

While complaining about the health of the game and burst damage from stealth?

Really?

Also I don't know what passive defense skills only effect thief, please list.

@"Daishi.6027" I understand your points in the beginning and end of your post, thanks. However, the middle, I've played both Glass GS/Shatter Burst Mes and Glass D/P Thief in WvW, and I disagree, Chrono and Mirage are moderately simpler to play and easier to understand, as your opponent's build/profession has less impact on your decisions immediately following a burst. As for sPvP, it is my understanding that if it were not for SB5 and UC on Thief, then there would be zero reason to pick Thief over Mesmer - so I don't think that has much to do with the burst comparisons discussed here.

@"Solori.6025" Initiative is a cooldown - you forgot that part. Your bias is extreme, please refrain from poor attempts at sarcasm when they only show your own lack of understanding. And please try to avoid hyperbole in the future - it only hinders your argument.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> @"Solori.6025" Initiative is a cooldown - you forgot that part. Your bias is extreme, please refrain from poor attempts at sarcasm when they only show your own lack of understanding. And please try to avoid hyperbole in the future - it only hinders your argument.

Cool, trying to convince someone that thief has it hard because initiative?( which is a rather weak stance to be honest) I guess the better question is how are you doing a singular burst to someone and losing all of your initiative? Because you are doing something very wrong. A good thief doesn't all of a sudden run out of initiative, and I can guarantee you a good thief will have enough initiative to continue to apply pressure and go back into stealth when the moment calls for it. Hopefully you know this as well but, after a backstab, you dont spam dagger 2, that may be why you have initiative problems?

What passives only effect thief? You forgot to answer that

Why do you think thief is in a good place yet mesmer isn't when a thief can do the exact same thing and has continued to do the except same burst except more frequently?

edit:

After reading Daishes post, I do hope that you realize most people in this thread, myself included, compare the current shatter combo to that of DP/DD that has the ability to wait for burst chances through stealth, and also go back into stealth frequently and often because of it's tool kit

> @"Daishi.6027" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > I am merely showing that there have been game-wide passive/defense buffs, as well as nerfs to thief-abilities that empowered the 1HKO spikes - so why should this still exist so openly on Mesmer?

>

> Because Thief still has access to most of it, and it's stealth bursts are still comparable to Mesmer? Any passive buffs that reduce 1HKO spikes, Mesmer is just as subject to.

> You may feel Rifle is lacking, but it's a fair trade off if you can worry less about cleave and AoE pressure with positioning. Plus you can (relatively) safely try again.

> Deadeye shouldn't even be relevant to this conversation since D/P DD is the closest comparable to GS burst, especially when considering Mirage.

> Thief still has the freedom to delay in stealth for a long time at very little cost to force out enemy defensive cooldowns; if people are asked to play around this,

> then asking people to play around stealth + mirror blade shatter isn't unreasonable, and that's before taking into account Thief's ability to ignore blocks with bask venom.

>

> In terms of damage thief still has better damage passives, crit rates, and coefficients, or at the very least don't need to sacrifice much to obtain them as most of the build's meta kit falls into it's synergy neatly. Right now I wont argue that thief is easier nowadays, but it is; and has always been, less limited than power shatter.

> There is a clear reason why power shatter builds have not been desirable sPvP slot picks since Chrono, while D/P DD remains so. (or at least more so.)

>

> Majority of this game is reads anyways, tells don't need to be under scrutiny as much as anything that _safely_ hides your mix-ups, which is something thief has a lot of tools for, and Mesmer until Mirage shuffles was lacking.

>

> What thief had at first was to strong, so it was nerfed. Mes always had inferior burst, set up, and mix up tools.

> Thief and Mes are closer in line now, while still allowing them to be different.

All of this^

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

>

>

> > @"Solori.6025" Initiative is a cooldown - you forgot that part. Your bias is extreme, please refrain from poor attempts at sarcasm when they only show your own lack of understanding. And please try to avoid hyperbole in the future - it only hinders your argument.

>

> Cool, trying to convince someone that thief has it hard because initiative?( which is a rather weak stance to be honest)

Again with the hyperbole. I didn't bother reading past this point as from your post history it seems your responses generally turn less than civil almost immediately. As shown above. No need to reply further, it won't be read, though I doubt your apparent pride will allow that.

> @"Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046" said:

> Remember that time when we needed team effort and cooperation and timing to spike someone down

> and that player then had a possibility trough it's unique abilities or elite to counter or negate that spike?

>

> Only 1/2 of the professions remember that time :)

Rampant AoE has ruined that sort of gameplay mostly.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Turk.5460" said:

> >

> >

> > > @"Solori.6025" Initiative is a cooldown - you forgot that part. Your bias is extreme, please refrain from poor attempts at sarcasm when they only show your own lack of understanding. And please try to avoid hyperbole in the future - it only hinders your argument.

> >

> > Cool, trying to convince someone that thief has it hard because initiative?( which is a rather weak stance to be honest)

>

> Again with the hyperbole. I didn't bother reading past this point as from your post history it seems your responses generally turn less than civil almost immediately. As shown above. No need to reply further, it won't be read, though I doubt your apparent pride will allow that.

Please don't, actually it would be best if you just left the thread tbh,

Your post could be summed up to " Thief is in a good spot, but other classes that can burst from stealth. Thats a problem!"

You can't answer two simple questions, yet accuse people of hyperbole?

Good day sir.

Everyone seems to forget that every profession has this ability to one shot anyone if they're not ready to take on a burst. There's a new one that also challenges Mesmer's and Thieve's ability to burst which is the Holosmith. Similar bursting pattern a little weaker stealth and mobility, but makes up for the number of tools and tricks the class has.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> Everyone seems to forget that every profession has this ability to one shot anyone if they're not ready to take on a burst. There's a new one that also challenges Mesmer's and Thieve's ability to burst which is the Holosmith. Similar bursting pattern a little weaker stealth and mobility, but makes up for the number of tools and tricks the class has.

Very true, though they're not talked about as much since they are sparse, since offense seems to be their only defense. They're eaten alive when focused, and it's not as easy as Mesmer or Thief to disengage as a Holo.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> @"Daishi.6027" I understand your points in the beginning and end of your post, thanks. However, the middle, I've played both Glass GS/Shatter Burst Mes and Glass D/P Thief in WvW, and I disagree, Chrono and Mirage are moderately simpler to play and easier to understand, as your opponent's build/profession has less impact on your decisions immediately following a burst. As for sPvP, it is my understanding that if it were not for SB5 and UC on Thief, then there would be zero reason to pick Thief over Mesmer - so I don't think that has much to do with the burst comparisons discussed here.

It may be simpler in what your follow up options are, but that's mostly because there aren't as many. Thief needs to decide vs what he is fighting, but thief at least always has a couple options, one of which being run away. Which Mes never really had as a safe option outside portal until Mirage, especially if blink is used as a tool to land the burst in the first place. But I can see where you are coming from, this is the exact reason why I wasn't going to argue about which is easier to play.

That being said I think you may be a little misinformed, I don't know how much sPvP you play and I don't want to assume, nor am I the type to jump to "ur bad bro!"

But it's a pretty commonly accepted thing that thief was objectively better than power shatter, and the only reason (especially before the specialization pre HoT) to run power shatter of thief was for Portal. This is when top shatter mes like Supcutie jumped to thief, and the rest jumped ship to bunk, and then condi when HoT came.

SB5 and UC after HoT are pretty good, but the entire kit, the power to delay, and nature of burst on conquest maps was superior.

I wont recount the whole history of power Mesmer in PvP, but a large chunk of it was down to being taken for portal plays, or was virtually replaceable in slot (even to hit's condi variant). Power Shatter Mirage changes things a little, but doesn't invalidate DD, and really power shatter only thrives in this meta due to having range pressure in a meta with scourges, and even then condi mirage is generally a better option on teams anyways.

Also I don't think WvW is a fair criteria for balance when considering what is fair or strong (or OP). It was never designed to be balanced small scale, the numbers are inflated, and sPvP already struggles to keep balance with it's 5v5 conquest in a more controlled environment; So I personally can't expect much from WvW skirmishes, and admit I rarely partake in it. What would 100-0 in WvW might allow for a reliable comeback from _majority_ of the roster running Demolisher or Muradrer amulet in PvP, and that's not including passives.

Needs to be nerfed quite a bit. I've been saying this since season 3. 2016???? We're in 2018 now.

Finally just now starting to see people use it besides like 2 mesmers in legend.

Anybody who says it's not op is not good at the game. There are very few classes that will not get one shot or have the ability to recover.

> @"JayAction.9056" said:

> Needs to be nerfed quite a bit. I've been saying this since season 3. 2016???? We're in 2018 now.

>

> Finally just now starting to see people use it besides like 2 mesmers in legend.

>

> Anybody who says it's not op is not good at the game. There are very few classes that will not get one shot or have the ability to recover.

>

>

Looks like you've been wrong since 2016 then. The amount of setup required to pull off the combo flawlessly is substantial, and it's not that difficult to dodge it.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > Needs to be nerfed quite a bit. I've been saying this since season 3. 2016???? We're in 2018 now.

> >

> > Finally just now starting to see people use it besides like 2 mesmers in legend.

> >

> > Anybody who says it's not op is not good at the game. There are very few classes that will not get one shot or have the ability to recover.

> >

> >

>

> Looks like you've been wrong since 2016 then. The amount of setup required to pull off the combo flawlessly is substantial, and it's not that difficult to dodge it.

Why not just say you suck at Mesmer bro? That's a better way to get your point across than these word games.

You can burst from stealth, lmfao. So youre saying it's easy to dodge attacks that can't be seen that will take away 100% of the HP of a heavy armor class? Lmfao

You think mirage balanced too I bet...

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > Needs to be nerfed quite a bit. I've been saying this since season 3. 2016???? We're in 2018 now.

> > >

> > > Finally just now starting to see people use it besides like 2 mesmers in legend.

> > >

> > > Anybody who says it's not op is not good at the game. There are very few classes that will not get one shot or have the ability to recover.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Looks like you've been wrong since 2016 then. The amount of setup required to pull off the combo flawlessly is substantial, and it's not that difficult to dodge it.

>

> Why not just say you suck at Mesmer bro? That's a better way to get your point across than these word games.

>

> You can burst from stealth, lmfao. So youre saying it's easy to dodge attacks that can't be seen that will take away 100% of the HP of a heavy armor class? Lmfao

>

> You think mirage balanced too I bet...

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Maybe you just suck at the game if you die to Power Shatter then.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > Needs to be nerfed quite a bit. I've been saying this since season 3. 2016???? We're in 2018 now.

> > > >

> > > > Finally just now starting to see people use it besides like 2 mesmers in legend.

> > > >

> > > > Anybody who says it's not op is not good at the game. There are very few classes that will not get one shot or have the ability to recover.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Looks like you've been wrong since 2016 then. The amount of setup required to pull off the combo flawlessly is substantial, and it's not that difficult to dodge it.

> >

> > Why not just say you suck at Mesmer bro? That's a better way to get your point across than these word games.

> >

> > You can burst from stealth, lmfao. So youre saying it's easy to dodge attacks that can't be seen that will take away 100% of the HP of a heavy armor class? Lmfao

> >

> > You think mirage balanced too I bet...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Maybe you just suck at the game if you die to Power Shatter then.

You’re my hero :+1:

> > > Needs to be nerfed quite a bit. I've been saying this since season 3. 2016???? We're in 2018 now.

> > >

> > > Finally just now starting to see people use it besides like 2 mesmers in legend.

> > >

> > > Anybody who says it's not op is not good at the game. There are very few classes that will not get one shot or have the ability to recover.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Looks like you've been wrong since 2016 then. The amount of setup required to pull off the combo flawlessly is substantial, and it's not that difficult to dodge it.

>

> Why not just say you suck at Mesmer bro? That's a better way to get your point across than these word games.

>

> You can burst from stealth, lmfao. So youre saying it's easy to dodge attacks that can't be seen that will take away 100% of the HP of a heavy armor class? Lmfao

>

> You think mirage balanced too I bet...

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Things you can see; the giant pink greatsword spinning slow AF at you through the air, The clones running right at you, the mesmer as soon as the sword hits you provided you didn't dodge it.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > Needs to be nerfed quite a bit. I've been saying this since season 3. 2016???? We're in 2018 now.

> > > >

> > > > Finally just now starting to see people use it besides like 2 mesmers in legend.

> > > >

> > > > Anybody who says it's not op is not good at the game. There are very few classes that will not get one shot or have the ability to recover.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Looks like you've been wrong since 2016 then. The amount of setup required to pull off the combo flawlessly is substantial, and it's not that difficult to dodge it.

> >

> > Why not just say you suck at Mesmer bro? That's a better way to get your point across than these word games.

> >

> > You can burst from stealth, lmfao. So youre saying it's easy to dodge attacks that can't be seen that will take away 100% of the HP of a heavy armor class? Lmfao

> >

> > You think mirage balanced too I bet...

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Things you can see; the giant pink greatsword spinning slow AF at you through the air, The clones running right at you, the mesmer as soon as the sword hits you provided you didn't dodge it.

Oh no you cant see it remember? You will always be in melee range and have perma stealth for the visual to not show up. /s

I’ve never commented on any forums for this game before. But this thread is wiiiiiiild. If Anet nerfs power Mesmer before they AT LEAST

1. completely revamp how stats effect condis vs how they effect power (needing “pwr + pre + fer” for power builds but only “condi dmg + tanky shit” for condi builds)

And

2. remove all auto-proc-hand-holding garbage from every class

Then this game and its devs are as ded as everyone says they are.

Source: have always been full zerk power Mesmer, trying to spread the love by teaching it to other ppl.

If you’re complaining about power Mesmer you don’t know how to play it effectively and just got blown up by one.

Bless.

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > @"JayAction.9056" said:

> > > > > Needs to be nerfed quite a bit. I've been saying this since season 3. 2016???? We're in 2018 now.

> > > > >

> > > > > Finally just now starting to see people use it besides like 2 mesmers in legend.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anybody who says it's not op is not good at the game. There are very few classes that will not get one shot or have the ability to recover.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Looks like you've been wrong since 2016 then. The amount of setup required to pull off the combo flawlessly is substantial, and it's not that difficult to dodge it.

> > >

> > > Why not just say you suck at Mesmer bro? That's a better way to get your point across than these word games.

> > >

> > > You can burst from stealth, lmfao. So youre saying it's easy to dodge attacks that can't be seen that will take away 100% of the HP of a heavy armor class? Lmfao

> > >

> > > You think mirage balanced too I bet...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Things you can see; the giant pink greatsword spinning slow AF at you through the air, The clones running right at you, the mesmer as soon as the sword hits you provided you didn't dodge it.

>

> Oh no you cant see it remember? You will always be in melee range and have perma stealth for the visual to not show up. /s

My bad, I totally forgot Prismatic Understanding was still double duration and Blink always teleports us next to our target from any range.