Blood Traitline Rework

Barnabus Stinson.1409

So I have been playing around with builds and Just this traitline is a nightmare, its got no clear focus behind it. So I thought it would be interesting to Redesign it, and Also see how others would Redesign it

First I would say I see the line as a Sudo-Support Line, that is to say I feel like the Healing and Vampirism aspect makes sense other than that It should be accessible to Power and Condi although I would think the Condi aspect of the line is very much Limited to Bleeding.

First Minor: Mark of Evasion - The Only change here would be taking away the regen and giving a Endurance. After all Its called mark of evasion not Mark of regeneration.

1:1 - Ritual of Life - Remains as it is, although it is a situational support trait is does have some value and is thematically fine

1:2 - Blood Thirst - Gain move speed while wealding a dagger, additionally when striking a foe above the bleed threshold with a dagger cast a lesser mark of vamprism

1:3 - Vampiric Presence - Same as the current trait just on a lower trait tier to better reflect its limited power (I still like the trait but realistically its not Incredible)

Second Minor: Blood Rites - Deal 7% more damage to bleeding foes.

2:1 - Life From Death - While in shroud Revive allies faster, additionally when exiting shroud heal nearby allies. The amound healed scales with how long you were in shroud.

2:2 - Last Rites - As it currently is, just now an option not a forced. Really not sure about this trait it fits thematically but I could see it changing /moving.

2:3 - Vampiric Rituals - Same as it is now, Just numbers reduced to account for a lower teir.

Third Minor: Unholy Martyr - Same as it is now just gain only 4% per condition as it is now on a lower tier

3:1 Transfusion - Same as it currently is, I am a fan of how it works, what it can bring

3:2 Rivers of Blood - Striking a foe above a bleed threshold grants you and allies regen and applies additional bleeding to the target. Definitely with a fair sized ICD

3:3 True Vampirism - Heal for 5% of damge dealt - Along the lines of parasitic contagion. This would only apply to direct (Power) Damge and would be half as effective in shroud

I feel this makes the line a lot more focused on Either team support, Bleeding and blood based effects and Vampirism. Thoughts? Or if anyone else wants to post their own...

First off Unholy Martyr should not be a minor. That trait is extremely dangerous to the necro using it, and having it a minor would be extremely bad for the traitline.

Moreover moving Vampiric Presence to adept tier where it competes with Ritual of Life on top of removing the lifesteal minor just kills the primary reason the traitline is taken at all, and the only saving grace is how OP your new grandmasters are.

Good Point on Unholy Martyr although it isnt really any more dangerous than it is now, and still has the utility to quickly negate a few condis for your team. Vampric presence would still have have minion support. Causeing Bleed and Regen to a target bleeding already isnt Op, It can be good but easy to Blance with the legnth of bleed/Regen and ICD.

I will Give you the 5% is probably too high, but say its 3% or even 2% it would be a decent trait.

Things I like:

True Vampirism and Blood Rites - It seems odd that our traitline that has the name of Blood Magic does not already have a damage increase vs bleeding foes. And replacing Vampiric with an actual heal on hit is a godsend.

Things I dislike:

Unholy Martyr now minor - As already stated above.

Blood is mostly ok, it's main problem is how much dps you have to lose to take it. Unholy martyr is a god-like skill for reapers since we are forced to flash in and out of shroud so often now. The resurrection support options are *really* strong for team play. The solo and vampiric options are pretty weak though., and definately deserve to be buffed. Considering how much DPS we lose by going into this trait line, it should give more sustain then it does.

Blood is okay traitline in general only thing that I'd change is bleed requirement on lesser signet of vampirism to something also power necros can use. And protection only comes with wells. Unholy martyr is good now. (or would be without massive condition spam, but that's problem with whole condi mechanics)

Problem like above mentioned is significant dps drop for power necs. (and dps = defense for reaper) Otherwise helpful defensive line.