WvW and ascended gear - Update

LaFurion.3167

> @"Bish.8627" said:

> Not going to quote these two fools, they don't deserve attention. Condi builds with exotics make no difference to above. Power is a massive difference, only those long full ascended won't agree.

I also play power mesmer often and i don't see all that difference between ascended and exotic. As stated before a wrong dodge or a wrong burst makes a much big difference. If a player is better than me i usually lose, if i am better than my foe i usually win even in exotic. If the skill level is similar, i die more often for my mistakes or win for his mistakes rather than for the difference by itself. Try to record some of your fights and you will see , as for everyone that for the most you win for your enemy errors or you lose for your errors ....

I actually have couple warriors among every other classes that go to wvw.

I have 2 mauradar warriors that 1 deck out in full ascended and the other in mostly exotic. I can’t feel any differences between them. Also i can’t tell whether my foe is using exotic or ascended gear. But i can tell whose more skillful and any of us is making mistakes.

I have lost counterless of 1v1, rekt by 2 or 3 foes. I have also won some 2v1 or 3v1. I think most of my fights, Experience > Skill > Gear.

> @"Bish.8627" said:

> Not going to quote these two guys. Condi builds with exotics make no difference to above. Power is a massive difference, only those long full ascended won't agree.

>

> I feel for new players trying to find WvW accessible

Again, the vast majority of this thread disagrees with you. I suggest you give the math some more thought and do some testing. You will undoubtedly figure out that it is not the rarity of the gear that is causing you troubles in fights.

> @"Bish.8627" said:

> Not going to quote these two guys. Condi builds with exotics make no difference to above. Power is a massive difference, only those long full ascended won't agree.

>

> I feel for new players trying to find WvW accessible

The math for this was done years ago. You're wrong.

It's not a massive difference.

Not even close.

"I feel like" is not how you should be determining facts.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"Bish.8627" said:

> > Not going to quote these two guys. Condi builds with exotics make no difference to above. Power is a massive difference, only those long full ascended won't agree.

> >

> > I feel for new players trying to find WvW accessible

>

> Again, the vast majority of this thread disagrees with you. I suggest you give the math some more thought and do some testing. You will undoubtedly figure out that it is not the rarity of the gear that is causing you troubles in fights.

The vast majority of the people that say 'ascended does not matter' are people who are already in ascended. As a roamer, I can tell you that ascended does matter for power builds (stats+infusions matter). You hit harder for more damage. And if the skill is about equal, meaning both sides know how to hit, dodge, etc, it is basically a dps race and the one that hits harder will win.

I roam with both, as i roam on all classes and do not have ascended for every one. Many times, skill will determine the outcome, as one side will be vastly more skilled than the other, i either destroy the enemy or get destroyed relatively quickly. However, when I face an equally skilled opponent, and i die when they are <1k health left, I know that it is the gear that determined that fight most of the time.

Let's put it this way, if ascended didn't give people an edge, they wouldn't bother with it. it seems there are folks here that are trying to validate their own 'skill' by saying their ascended armor doesn't give them an advantage over exotics wearers.. that their elite skill determines every fight they win and exotic wearers need to accept it. Which I believe is a self-serving viewpoint which is discourteous to the intelligence of the playerbase. Ascended does make a difference.

> @"mulzi.8273" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > > @"Bish.8627" said:

> > > Not going to quote these two guys. Condi builds with exotics make no difference to above. Power is a massive difference, only those long full ascended won't agree.

> > >

> > > I feel for new players trying to find WvW accessible

> >

> > Again, the vast majority of this thread disagrees with you. I suggest you give the math some more thought and do some testing. You will undoubtedly figure out that it is not the rarity of the gear that is causing you troubles in fights.

>

> The vast majority of the people that say 'ascended does not matter' are people who are already in ascended. As a roamer, I can tell you that ascended does matter for power builds (stats+infusions matter). You hit harder for more damage. And if the skill is about equal, meaning both sides know how to hit, dodge, etc, it is basically a dps race and the one that hits harder will win.

>

> I roam with both, as i roam on all classes and do not have ascended for every one. Many times, skill will determine the outcome, as one side will be vastly more skilled than the other, i either destroy the enemy or get destroyed relatively quickly. However, when I face an equally skilled opponent, and i die when they are <1k health left, I know that it is the gear that determined that fight most of the time.

>

> Let's put it this way, if ascended didn't give people an edge, they wouldn't bother with it. it seems there are folks here that are trying to validate their own 'skill' by saying their ascended armor doesn't give them an advantage over exotics wearers.. that their elite skill determines every fight they win and exotic wearers need to accept it. Which I believe is a self-serving viewpoint which is discourteous to the intelligence of the playerbase. Ascended does make a difference.

Nobody is saying that it does not make a difference. However, almost everyone is saying that the difference is *almost unnoticeable*. How often are you dying with your opponent being at <1k health? I doubt that it's very often. And I doubt even more that you *know* gear determined the fight...unless you have some way of inspecting their character that the rest of the game seems to be oblivious to.

And it doesn't even take that long to get it simply by playing WvW. Less than a month's worth of claim tickets will yield you enough to obtain all 6 pieces of ascended armor, and in that time of playing you could acquire more than enough living world currency from the reward tracks to fill your ascended trinkets/rings/amulet/backpack.

im wrecking people perfectly fine on my exotic warrior, i never noticed a difference on my thief which went from full exotics too full ascended beside fact that i had bit more HP cus of marauder stats i didnt feel like it made any difference.

i still think ascended is useless in WvW its not gonna make a difference vs a guy who completely bulldozered you if u flip out ur ascended gear on next fight he will still wreck you.

if u ask me whole WvW pvp is more about know your limits and what u can do and handle then gear 90% of my deads are just greed, he was low he had to die i followed i got destroyed.

nothing to do with my gear