Idea on how to Upgrade Fashion wars.

STIHL.2489

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > Jotuns.

> > > >

> > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > >

> > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > >

> > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > >

> > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > >

> > >

> > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > >

> > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > >

> > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > >

> > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > >

> > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> >

> > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> >

> >

> >

> > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> >

> > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

>

> Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

The beastmode trigger is fully controllable. You can be in beastmode 100% of the time, 0% of the time or whatever combo in between. Another difference is the purpose. Right now, the way you tell if you're in beastmode (besides the UI change) is the unattractive green wispy aura but if you could just customize it so rather than a wispy green aura, you have a different costume on, that would be far more desireable...or at the very least swap some dyes so the green wisps go better with a certain combo of dyes while giving you the freedom to dye however you want while not in beastmode.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > >

> > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > >

> > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > >

> > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > >

> > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > >

> > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > >

> > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > >

> > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > >

> > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > >

> > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > >

> > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> >

> > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

>

> The beastmode trigger is fully controllable. You can be in beastmode 100% of the time, 0% of the time or whatever combo in between. Another difference is the purpose. Right now, the way you tell if you're in beastmode (besides the UI change) is the unattractive green wispy aura but if you could just customize it so rather than a wispy green aura, you have a different costume on, that would be far more desireable...or at the very least swap some dyes so the green wisps go better with a certain combo of dyes while giving you the freedom to dye however you want while not in beastmode.

You can hem and haw all you want, but the end of things, if my ideas was put in, you all would use the hell out of it, and wonder how it was not a starting feature of the game.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > >

> > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > >

> > > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > > >

> > > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > >

> > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > >

> > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> >

> > The beastmode trigger is fully controllable. You can be in beastmode 100% of the time, 0% of the time or whatever combo in between. Another difference is the purpose. Right now, the way you tell if you're in beastmode (besides the UI change) is the unattractive green wispy aura but if you could just customize it so rather than a wispy green aura, you have a different costume on, that would be far more desireable...or at the very least swap some dyes so the green wisps go better with a certain combo of dyes while giving you the freedom to dye however you want while not in beastmode.

>

> You can hem and haw all you want, but the end of things, if my ideas was put in, you all would use the hell out of it, and wonder how it was not a starting feature of the game.

I actually wouldn't as I rather not be locked to a look based on where I am.

Also, the whole Hoelbrak let's say to be in warm clothes... I guess during Wintersday I would be forced to put warm clothes for Divinity's Reach?

But wait... I can't set it like that because then I will be in warm clothes in Gengaran Fields and Kessex Hills and Harathi Highlands.

Allowing me to change my look on the whim is freedom and would be awesome.

Locking my look to a region is very very limiting.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > >

> > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > >

> > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > >

> > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > >

> > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> >

> > The difference is the person has a choice on when and where and not based on the zone/location.

> > Having the player have control over it is better than the environment having control over it.

> >

> > I would quicker support it changing when I mount/dismount than when I go from Hoelbrak to Divinity's Reach.

>

> So your complete and total hang up over this is that the triggers are not what your arbitrary selections would be, Got it. figured it was something frivolous like that.

>

> If it makes you feel any better, there is no reason why they could not add in a "Mount" or 'Soulbeast" trigger to the Environment list.

As I mentioned in a previous post:

_"Automatically swapping costumes is likely an arbitrary addition, many would find more a nuance than an improvement. Now if this were simply a conditional option placed on a free costume slot, I could see that as being a possibility, if rather complex and unneeded. "_

That is to say, I don't really care what triggers they add to the system to let you customize when or how you change costumes. But you need the system to be implemented first, that system being costume templates. I am being as polite as possible with my criticism when I say it will be a *bad* idea to completely tie the costume template system to a zone-triggered mechanism. That isn't to say the *OPTION* could not exist, but it cannot exist without the base system nor should be base system have this feature without giving the player control to opt out of it.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > > >

> > > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > > >

> > > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> > >

> > > The beastmode trigger is fully controllable. You can be in beastmode 100% of the time, 0% of the time or whatever combo in between. Another difference is the purpose. Right now, the way you tell if you're in beastmode (besides the UI change) is the unattractive green wispy aura but if you could just customize it so rather than a wispy green aura, you have a different costume on, that would be far more desireable...or at the very least swap some dyes so the green wisps go better with a certain combo of dyes while giving you the freedom to dye however you want while not in beastmode.

> >

> > You can hem and haw all you want, but the end of things, if my ideas was put in, you all would use the hell out of it, and wonder how it was not a starting feature of the game.

>

> I actually wouldn't as I rather not be locked to a look based on where I am.

> Also, the whole Hoelbrak let's say to be in warm clothes... I guess during Wintersday I would be forced to put warm clothes for Divinity's Reach?

LOL, you would not be forced to do anything.

But.. in the end, you can deny it all you want, but you would use this feature, and if you didn't out of pure spite, that's fine, your current game would remain unchanged even if this was put in.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> > > >

> > > > The beastmode trigger is fully controllable. You can be in beastmode 100% of the time, 0% of the time or whatever combo in between. Another difference is the purpose. Right now, the way you tell if you're in beastmode (besides the UI change) is the unattractive green wispy aura but if you could just customize it so rather than a wispy green aura, you have a different costume on, that would be far more desireable...or at the very least swap some dyes so the green wisps go better with a certain combo of dyes while giving you the freedom to dye however you want while not in beastmode.

> > >

> > > You can hem and haw all you want, but the end of things, if my ideas was put in, you all would use the hell out of it, and wonder how it was not a starting feature of the game.

> >

> > I actually wouldn't as I rather not be locked to a look based on where I am.

> > Also, the whole Hoelbrak let's say to be in warm clothes... I guess during Wintersday I would be forced to put warm clothes for Divinity's Reach?

>

> LOL, you would not be forced to do anything.

>

> But.. in the end, you can deny it all you want, but you would use this feature, and if you didn't out of pure spite, that's fine, your current game would remain unchanged even if this was put in.

Now this is just sounding like trolling.

So because I don't want to be limited to a look based on where I am and rather change the way I look on the whim at any given time, I would not use it "out of spite".

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > > > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> > > > >

> > > > > The beastmode trigger is fully controllable. You can be in beastmode 100% of the time, 0% of the time or whatever combo in between. Another difference is the purpose. Right now, the way you tell if you're in beastmode (besides the UI change) is the unattractive green wispy aura but if you could just customize it so rather than a wispy green aura, you have a different costume on, that would be far more desireable...or at the very least swap some dyes so the green wisps go better with a certain combo of dyes while giving you the freedom to dye however you want while not in beastmode.

> > > >

> > > > You can hem and haw all you want, but the end of things, if my ideas was put in, you all would use the hell out of it, and wonder how it was not a starting feature of the game.

> > >

> > > I actually wouldn't as I rather not be locked to a look based on where I am.

> > > Also, the whole Hoelbrak let's say to be in warm clothes... I guess during Wintersday I would be forced to put warm clothes for Divinity's Reach?

> >

> > LOL, you would not be forced to do anything.

> >

> > But.. in the end, you can deny it all you want, but you would use this feature, and if you didn't out of pure spite, that's fine, your current game would remain unchanged even if this was put in.

>

> Now this is just sounding like trolling.

> So because I don't want to be limited to a look based on where I am and rather change the way I look on the whim at any given time, I would not use it "out of spite".

Lets be honest, your entire gripe is the triggers are where you arbitrarily want to place them. So, truth be told, you would use this feature, in fact you strike me as the kind of player that would buy every upgrade to this feature, just so you could have different look everywhere you went, and then ask for more options.

So when tell me that you would not use this feature, that sounds like all the people that swore up and down they would never use mounts.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > > >

> > > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > > >

> > > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> > >

> > > The difference is the person has a choice on when and where and not based on the zone/location.

> > > Having the player have control over it is better than the environment having control over it.

> > >

> > > I would quicker support it changing when I mount/dismount than when I go from Hoelbrak to Divinity's Reach.

> >

> > So your complete and total hang up over this is that the triggers are not what your arbitrary selections would be, Got it. figured it was something frivolous like that.

> >

> > If it makes you feel any better, there is no reason why they could not add in a "Mount" or 'Soulbeast" trigger to the Environment list.

>

> As I mentioned in a previous post:

>

> _"Automatically swapping costumes is likely an arbitrary addition, many would find more a nuance than an improvement. Now if this were simply a conditional option placed on a free costume slot, I could see that as being a possibility, if rather complex and unneeded. "_

>

> That is to say, I don't really care what triggers they add to the system to let you customize when or how you change costumes. But you need the system to be implemented first, that system being costume templates. I am being as polite as possible with my criticism when I say it will be a *bad* idea to completely tie the costume template system to a zone-triggered mechanism. That isn't to say the *OPTION* could not exist, but it cannot exist without the base system nor should be base system have this feature without giving the player control to opt out of it.

I have no nice way to say this, but, I don't understand your obsession with wanting to home-brew "outfits" out of armor, its an idea stuck in a decade past games, dated, boring, and past it's prime.

My idea is literally, leaps and bounds ahead of that curve.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > The beastmode trigger is fully controllable. You can be in beastmode 100% of the time, 0% of the time or whatever combo in between. Another difference is the purpose. Right now, the way you tell if you're in beastmode (besides the UI change) is the unattractive green wispy aura but if you could just customize it so rather than a wispy green aura, you have a different costume on, that would be far more desireable...or at the very least swap some dyes so the green wisps go better with a certain combo of dyes while giving you the freedom to dye however you want while not in beastmode.

>

> You can hem and haw all you want, but the end of things, if my ideas was put in, you all would use the hell out of it, and wonder how it was not a starting feature of the game.

As it is, there are not many unique outfits or armor to utilize such a feature. There aren't any "hot" armors, "cold" armors, "rainy" armors, "beach" armors, etc. The outfits I own tend to be limited to specific characters (like my Charr Warrior uses Awakened Zealot, my Thief uses Monk and Jungle Explorer, my Guardian uses Wedding and Ice Encased) and those outfits tend to swap by build. I do occasionally use the Noble Count when at parties or had I known about the townclothes potions I'd wear some of them while in cities, but again, I'd rather control of if I change because as a human, I have control over if and when I change my clothes and why. I don't go to the gym to pick up a friend but change into gym clothes just because I walked inside to take a whiz...

So no, I would likely not use this feature if not at all, then very seldom.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > > > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > > > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > > > > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > > > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > > > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > > > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > > > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The beastmode trigger is fully controllable. You can be in beastmode 100% of the time, 0% of the time or whatever combo in between. Another difference is the purpose. Right now, the way you tell if you're in beastmode (besides the UI change) is the unattractive green wispy aura but if you could just customize it so rather than a wispy green aura, you have a different costume on, that would be far more desireable...or at the very least swap some dyes so the green wisps go better with a certain combo of dyes while giving you the freedom to dye however you want while not in beastmode.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can hem and haw all you want, but the end of things, if my ideas was put in, you all would use the hell out of it, and wonder how it was not a starting feature of the game.

> > > >

> > > > I actually wouldn't as I rather not be locked to a look based on where I am.

> > > > Also, the whole Hoelbrak let's say to be in warm clothes... I guess during Wintersday I would be forced to put warm clothes for Divinity's Reach?

> > >

> > > LOL, you would not be forced to do anything.

> > >

> > > But.. in the end, you can deny it all you want, but you would use this feature, and if you didn't out of pure spite, that's fine, your current game would remain unchanged even if this was put in.

> >

> > Now this is just sounding like trolling.

> > So because I don't want to be limited to a look based on where I am and rather change the way I look on the whim at any given time, I would not use it "out of spite".

>

> Lets be honest, your entire gripe is the triggers are where you arbitrarily want to place them.

Well... yeah? If it's called "Fashion Wars" I should be able to pick my "Fashion" whenever and whereever and however.

> So, truth be told, you would use this feature, in fact you strike me as the kind of player that would buy every upgrade to this feature, just so you could have different look everywhere you went, and then ask for more options.

I actually wouldn't.

I don't want a look for Kessex. I don't want a look for Verdant Brink. I don't want a look for Domain of Vabbi. I want multiple looks.

I want maybe today I want to look like me. Maybe tomorrow I want to look like an Awakened. Maybe the next day I want to look like Chris Tucker after snorting too much.

I want to change my look on how look/feel at that moment.

> So when tell me that you would not use this feature, that sounds like all the people that swore up and down they would never use mounts.

If you must know also, in real life during the winter? Actually all year round? I wear T-Shirts. I don't like long sleeve clothing and I don't like anything around my neck as they're very uncomfy. I don't like turtlenecks and I don't like scarfs.

I do wear longpants almost all year around and don't wear shorts EVER and only wear skirts on small occassions.

Yes, that mean it can be 12,000 degrees outside and I will still wear long pants.

I of course don't wear the same clothes every single day when I go out though, and sometimes during the course of the day in real life I might have to make multiple stops back home... which I at times would change my outfit before heading back out.

Maybe change gloves, shirt, shoes, something.

What I want in GW2 is to change that same top/legging/or EVERYthing into one "fashion template" look wherever I am.

Hey, maybe I want a certain underwater look? What if I want to make a scuba diving looking look while I'm underwater? I can't with your set up.

I would not wear something like let's say Arctic Explorer Outfit while swimming in the game (wouldn't be caught dead wearing it in real life but I already express how I feel on clothing like that already).

I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

THAT is the ideal set up.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> > > >

> > > > The difference is the person has a choice on when and where and not based on the zone/location.

> > > > Having the player have control over it is better than the environment having control over it.

> > > >

> > > > I would quicker support it changing when I mount/dismount than when I go from Hoelbrak to Divinity's Reach.

> > >

> > > So your complete and total hang up over this is that the triggers are not what your arbitrary selections would be, Got it. figured it was something frivolous like that.

> > >

> > > If it makes you feel any better, there is no reason why they could not add in a "Mount" or 'Soulbeast" trigger to the Environment list.

> >

> > As I mentioned in a previous post:

> >

> > _"Automatically swapping costumes is likely an arbitrary addition, many would find more a nuance than an improvement. Now if this were simply a conditional option placed on a free costume slot, I could see that as being a possibility, if rather complex and unneeded. "_

> >

> > That is to say, I don't really care what triggers they add to the system to let you customize when or how you change costumes. But you need the system to be implemented first, that system being costume templates. I am being as polite as possible with my criticism when I say it will be a *bad* idea to completely tie the costume template system to a zone-triggered mechanism. That isn't to say the *OPTION* could not exist, but it cannot exist without the base system nor should be base system have this feature without giving the player control to opt out of it.

>

> I have no nice way to say this, but, I don't understand your obsession with wanting to home-brew "outfits" out of armor, its an idea stuck in a decade past games, dated, boring, and past it's prime.

>

> My idea is literally, leaps and bounds ahead of that curve.

It's not leaps and bounds ahead of the curve, it's just not desirable. We already have this feature when you go to Southsun cove, you enter the beach, you change to beach wear. Beyond the fact that the beach wear isn't customizable, it is also uncontrollable. Spreading the same uncontrollable nature to a system that is desired by most is a bad idea.

And I do not understand why you think the outfits system = costume templates. They are not. You can start up a poll, if that's your thing, asking which they'd rather have, people will likely agree to have a costume template system. I do enjoy my outfits, but even I know I cannot just swap my guardian from Wedding outfit to Ice Encased because wedding uses white, red, ivory and gold while ice encased uses black, blue and shadow red.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Thinking on it. I rather just slots to change and not lock a look to a certain area.

> > > > > > > > > > Sometimes I want to look like myself. Sometimes I want to look like the creature from the black lagoon, sometimes maybe I want to look like something ugly and hideous like Braham or... hm... what else is as ugly as him... Ettins?

> > > > > > > > > > No that's an insult to Ettins.

> > > > > > > > > > Jotuns.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > The way this is set up, is you would have a "default" look, and your look would only change if you chose. So you could be you, anywhere you wanted with no additional effort on your part. Taking part in this features use, is tonally voluntary.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > At the same time you could set it so that you put on Braham's outfit automatically so you could be dressed like a crying emo norn only when you entered Holbrak for example, and change back to looking like you when you left, but I wont be able to wash off the dirty feeling of looking like that for.. sorry.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Since this layout is still built off the existing UI as it is, changing your look, would still be the same process as it always was, so the feature is intuitive for existing players.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The problem is I rather it not be locked to an area and rather locked to whenever I want to change to look like something else.

> > > > > > > > Here's a quick video I did to show how it's done in another game which I think would be a perfect setup:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And yes, it's called "Fashion Templates".

> > > > > > > > You design a look you want using accessories, body parts (robots only of course), tattoos, underwear, eye patterns, eye colours, hats, earrings, wings, backpacks, balloons, whatever the hell you want.

> > > > > > > > You then name the fashion to your liking.

> > > > > > > > You start off with 10 per character. If you want more you pay up.

> > > > > > > > As long as the clothing/outfits are in the shared storage (it's not the same as GW2, but I would say for GW2 it would be wardrobe as costumes and layered outfits has 0 stats in this game as they're a whole different placement than your armour), you then switch in and out whenever you want.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That way it won't be locked to an area.

> > > > > > > > Even in this game as you mention Hoelbrak I do have a snow coat/clothing pieces I COULD put on whenever and however I want too, but the fashion template should NOT be locked to one area as that's way too limiting.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just give us fashion templates and call it a day and let us load them how we want.

> > > > > > > > Maybe someone can make... let's say it's 5 we get from Arenanet.

> > > > > > > > Maybe someone do one per season? Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and the last one is their "Casual".

> > > > > > > > They buy more and MAYBE they can set it by area like Maguuma, Orr, Kryta, Elona, whatever.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also would help as let's say you went to Fireheart. One area it's scorched places, which you might wear normal clothes or something a bit cooler as it's hot over there, then to the west because it's so close to Shiverpeak it's snowy ice mountains. Yeah would make 100% sense to lock Ascalon to one so if you're in Plains you will wear the same thing you wear in Fireheart east and Fireheart west.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Just give us bloody templates. Would be very stupid to limit it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Something else I'd like is some costume change emotes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > With some creativity, a player could use them for extra flavor or for RP. I think one of my pinnacle of creative uses for such a feature was the simple backflip costume change emote on my Pistol/fire/ice blaster. The concept isn't super novel and new but for a video game, it's not often done, having 2 demons possessing a pair of pistols and at all times 1 of them has to be inside the pistols, one an ice demon and the other a fire demon. The way the pistols powerset worked is you could swap your ammo types to normal bullets (some skills could shoot further), incendiary ammo, cryo ammo or chem ammo. Shouldn't be difficult to understand how the concept of my character worked with the costume change templates + costume change emotes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > In terms of GW2, I bet many eles would adore some kind of ability to change their costume dyes by what attunement they're in. This idea or the above would likely require some degree of macro creations be incorporated into the costume template system. Probably unlikely but certainly a flexible option to add onto such a QoL improvement.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hilarious.. You fuss that it would be wrong for a trigger set for when you zone into say Holbrak.. but.. want it set for when you Trigger Soulbast.. what's the difference?

> > > > >

> > > > > The difference is the person has a choice on when and where and not based on the zone/location.

> > > > > Having the player have control over it is better than the environment having control over it.

> > > > >

> > > > > I would quicker support it changing when I mount/dismount than when I go from Hoelbrak to Divinity's Reach.

> > > >

> > > > So your complete and total hang up over this is that the triggers are not what your arbitrary selections would be, Got it. figured it was something frivolous like that.

> > > >

> > > > If it makes you feel any better, there is no reason why they could not add in a "Mount" or 'Soulbeast" trigger to the Environment list.

> > >

> > > As I mentioned in a previous post:

> > >

> > > _"Automatically swapping costumes is likely an arbitrary addition, many would find more a nuance than an improvement. Now if this were simply a conditional option placed on a free costume slot, I could see that as being a possibility, if rather complex and unneeded. "_

> > >

> > > That is to say, I don't really care what triggers they add to the system to let you customize when or how you change costumes. But you need the system to be implemented first, that system being costume templates. I am being as polite as possible with my criticism when I say it will be a *bad* idea to completely tie the costume template system to a zone-triggered mechanism. That isn't to say the *OPTION* could not exist, but it cannot exist without the base system nor should be base system have this feature without giving the player control to opt out of it.

> >

> > I have no nice way to say this, but, I don't understand your obsession with wanting to home-brew "outfits" out of armor, its an idea stuck in a decade past games, dated, boring, and past it's prime.

> >

> > My idea is literally, leaps and bounds ahead of that curve.

>

> It's not leaps and bounds ahead of the curve, it's just not desirable. We already have this feature when you go to Southsun cove, you enter the beach, you change to beach wear. Beyond the fact that the beach wear isn't customizable, it is also uncontrollable. Spreading the same uncontrollable nature to a system that is desired by most is a bad idea.

Really, you thought the player would not have control of where things applied.. HA HA HA.

I thought I made it pretty clear that the player picks what they will look like and where it will be applied. How you went from that to what happens in southsun, I will never grasp, and truth be told, I don't want to. Its clear you are fighting some strawman, that has nothing to do with my idea.

As you said before.. You are done here.

> I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

>

> THAT is the ideal set up.

Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> >

> > THAT is the ideal set up.

>

> Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

Yeah because of transmutation charges is why in THIS game I don't do it like I want to.

This is the only game that limits my customization through charges.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> >

> > THAT is the ideal set up.

>

> Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

Actually thinking on it. No. We don't.

We don't have this.

I don't have a way to save a template.

I have to painstackingly load up the wardrobe, find the specific pieces I want, then try and remember the dye set up every single time.

So no. It's not in the game at all.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> As you said before.. You are done here.

>

True, but I do find it entertaining to politely poke and get such defensiveness backlash. It could be considered trolling on my part if I weren't being considerate or adding to the discussion. There must be some kind of term for this...reverse trolling? Putting the opposition in such a defensive stance, they troll their own points instead of reason.

I have no problem bumping your thread. Costume templates really need to be made.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17423/suggestion-idea-armor-outfit-skins-customizing-gem-store-players-arenanet-benefits

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > >

> > > THAT is the ideal set up.

> >

> > Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

>

> Actually thinking on it. No. We don't.

> We don't have this.

> I don't have a way to save a template.

>

Sure you do.. one Template at a time....

> I have to painstackingly load up the wardrobe, find the specific pieces I want, then try and remember the dye set up every single time.

>

> So no. It's not in the game at all.

>

But.. you have complete control over it, unlike my pesky idea.

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > >

> > > THAT is the ideal set up.

> >

> > Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

>

> Yeah because of transmutation charges is why in THIS game I don't do it like I want to.

> This is the only game that limits my customization through charges.

But you just said:

> If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

You have that, one template at a time.. and if you want to change it, then it costs charges.

Pity you don't use this "Ideal", maybe it's not so ideal after all.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > > > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > > >

> > > > THAT is the ideal set up.

> > >

> > > Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

> >

> > Yeah because of transmutation charges is why in THIS game I don't do it like I want to.

> > This is the only game that limits my customization through charges.

>

> But you just said:

>

>

> You have that, one template at a time.. and if you want to change it, then it costs charges.

>

> Pity you don't use this "Ideal", maybe it's not so ideal after all.

Now I know you're trolling.

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > As you said before.. You are done here.

> >

>

> True, but I do find it entertaining to politely poke and get such defensiveness backlash. It could be considered trolling on my part if I weren't being considerate or adding to the discussion. There must be some kind of term for this...reverse trolling? Putting the opposition in such a defensive stance, they troll their own points instead of reason.

>

> I have no problem bumping your thread. Costume templates really need to be made.

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17423/suggestion-idea-armor-outfit-skins-customizing-gem-store-players-arenanet-benefits

>

You really think Anet is going to put in some home-brew outfit maker? How naive, as that would be money spent on development to reduce their own outfit sales. But you know what, keep asking, I am sure making you happy at the expense of paying their own bills, is high on their priority list.

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > > > > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > > > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > > > >

> > > > > THAT is the ideal set up.

> > > >

> > > > Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

> > >

> > > Yeah because of transmutation charges is why in THIS game I don't do it like I want to.

> > > This is the only game that limits my customization through charges.

> >

> > But you just said:

> >

> >

> > You have that, one template at a time.. and if you want to change it, then it costs charges.

> >

> > Pity you don't use this "Ideal", maybe it's not so ideal after all.

>

> Now I know you're trolling.

Given you have already said.

> Oh Grenth, nevermind. Don't want this.

You should have walked away then, everything after that is your own doing, not mine, I am just trying to make sense of how what you supposedly want is any different then what you already have.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > > > > > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > > > > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > THAT is the ideal set up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah because of transmutation charges is why in THIS game I don't do it like I want to.

> > > > This is the only game that limits my customization through charges.

> > >

> > > But you just said:

> > >

> > > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > >

> > > You have that, one template at a time.. and if you want to change it, then it costs charges.

> > >

> > > Pity you don't use this "Ideal", maybe it's not so ideal after all.

> >

> > Now I know you're trolling.

>

> Given you have already said.

>

> > Oh Grenth, nevermind. Don't want this.

>

> You should have walked away then, everything after that is your own doing, not mine, I am just trying to make sense of how what you supposedly want is any different then what you already have.

She is looking for (I believe) the ability to save a skin combination as a preset, to freely choose between looks without having to make them from scratch each time.

Which I thought was part of your own suggestion, so now I'm confused on why you're combating that so aggressively. It sounds like you guys want the same thing, except the OP suggestion includes a limitation in the form of location-based triggers, instead of manually choosing a preset at will.

> @"AstralDusk.1670" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > > > > > > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > > > > > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > THAT is the ideal set up.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah because of transmutation charges is why in THIS game I don't do it like I want to.

> > > > > This is the only game that limits my customization through charges.

> > > >

> > > > But you just said:

> > > >

> > > > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > > >

> > > > You have that, one template at a time.. and if you want to change it, then it costs charges.

> > > >

> > > > Pity you don't use this "Ideal", maybe it's not so ideal after all.

> > >

> > > Now I know you're trolling.

> >

> > Given you have already said.

> >

> > > Oh Grenth, nevermind. Don't want this.

> >

> > You should have walked away then, everything after that is your own doing, not mine, I am just trying to make sense of how what you supposedly want is any different then what you already have.

>

> She is looking for (I believe) the ability to save a skin combination as a preset, to freely choose between looks without having to make them from scratch each time.

>

> Which I thought was part of your own suggestion, so now I'm confused on why you're combating that so aggressively. It sounds like you guys want the same thing, except the OP suggestion includes a limitation in the form of location-based triggers, instead of manually choosing a preset at will.

And I want the latter than be forced into a look just because "Oh, you're in this region now."

Give the option to make a preset to load out but without the region thing tacked on. 0 reason to limit it to a region.

> @"AstralDusk.1670" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > I want the option to change freely however I please and not for a certain region.

> > > > > > > So no. I would not spend a dime on the feature IF it was locked to a region.

> > > > > > > If it was locked to "Here's a template. Make a look you like, but if you want to change it again or replace this saved template it wil cost transmutation charges" or something.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > THAT is the ideal set up.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh look.. you are in luck, that is what is in the game already.. so how much do you actually use this ideal set up.. can't be much if you have over 300 charges saved up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah because of transmutation charges is why in THIS game I don't do it like I want to.

> > > > > This is the only game that limits my customization through charges.

> > > >

> > > > But you just said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > You have that, one template at a time.. and if you want to change it, then it costs charges.

> > > >

> > > > Pity you don't use this "Ideal", maybe it's not so ideal after all.

> > >

> > > Now I know you're trolling.

> >

> > Given you have already said.

> >

> > > Oh Grenth, nevermind. Don't want this.

> >

> > You should have walked away then, everything after that is your own doing, not mine, I am just trying to make sense of how what you supposedly want is any different then what you already have.

>

> She is looking for (I believe) the ability to save a skin combination as a preset, to freely choose between looks without having to make them from scratch each time.

>

> Which I thought was part of your own suggestion, so now I'm confused on why you're combating that so aggressively. It sounds like you guys want the same thing, except the OP suggestion includes a limitation in the form of location-based triggers, instead of manually choosing a preset at will.

Well, I am not really combating their idea, they have just explained what they want so poorly, that is has become confusing.

My idea, is a regional appearance set up, which includes being able to set things like Equipment, Wardrobe, Mounts, Outfits, Mini's, Gliders, and even Mail Carrier as you move about the various modes/zones of the game. This my idea is about giving you more to do with what you already have and giving players a reason to buy more cosmetic stuff, like mount skins, outfits, mail carriers, mini's, etc.

Their idea is, if I understand it right, is for all intents and purposes, nothing more then some kind of Home-Brew way to make outfits from armor, which, sadly, Anet would never do, as all that would accomplish is to reduce their current outfit sales, so their idea is to expect Anet to spend money to lose money.

On top of that, manually needing to swap appearance is a not an improvement over the current set up, as any idea that requires a player to constantly return to their hero panel to change their appearance, well, is not any better then what we have already with Outfits, which again, Anet would have no motive to change this, as Outfits are a money maker to them. So they would want ways for players to turn to outfits if they want convenience.

Why my idea works, and theirs does not, is my idea includes things like Outfits, Mount Skins, and Glider Skins, and all the things that Anet sells in it's design, so it works to inspire people to expand their cosmetic collections,. On top of that, my idea overall reduces the amount of times you will need to manually change your appearance, it simultaneously expands your choices while reducing how much time you end up playing with your hero panel and appearance, their idea keeps you stuck endlessly returning to your hero panel every time you want to change your appearance.

So, while they may seem similar, their idea is the end of things is clunky as it keeps you constantly needing to manually play with your Hero Panel, it's unprofitable, as in Anet stands to lose money putting this in, and it's limited, its really just added 'home-made' outfits.

My Idea expands on what you can do with what you already have, it does not try to reinvent how your appearance system works. On top of that, it puts you in complete control as to how little or how much you want to change your appearance. You are not limited to 5 _Looks_ that you need to manually swap though, truth is, if I wanted something like that, I have 20 outfits.

My idea allows you to set what you want to look like as you play the game. You control the change, while at the same time not being bound to needing to do it manually all the time.

My idea works with what we already have, it does not try to reinvent the system or even revamp it, it adds to what we have already, as such it remains intuitive to what players already know, and it's completely optional., its not invasive.

It's a small drop down, that, if you want to use, then great, if not, your game as you have always known it, does not change in the least.

Its the details, that divide a good idea from a really bad one. My idea expands upon what the game already provides and reduces needing to constantly manual adjust your appearance while at the same time giving you the ability to change your appearance constantly.

Their idea, is pretty much making armor into ad-hock outfits that you still need to _manually change every single time_

It's not just that it is a bad idea, its that they think it's some "ideal solution" and I can't for the life of me, think of one advantage of their idea over what we already have, or why I would use it, given I don't even change my outfits that often, and by their own admission, neither do they, so they are trying to preach the virtues of a system they don't even use. They would be better off just asking Anet to make more appealing outfits that suit their flavor.

My idea.. with setting triggers and not needing to manually mess with my appearance again until i wanted to overhaul it for that game mode or location.. **I Love that**.. I would use the kitten out of that idea.

I mean, just being able to set one Look for WvW, and a different look for Open World, that I only had to set up once and never need to worry about again, it would just automatically change for me as I zoned no additional effort needed , would be a blessed improvement to what we have right now.

Just Imagine, Being able to set a look for Fractal runs, where, you equip all your fractal weapons, back item, etc, but, when you moved on to doing a Raid, you could set it to automatically change into a more Dynamic or "raid-esque" look and once done with that, you step out and you change into a more Open World Appearance, would just be icing on the cake. I'd love that. The best part, you set the triggers, and don't need to play with them again until you want to. Automated, but, still under your control.

And these hecklers come in and complain that it would be better to have less options and need to make all changes manually.

Really.. think about that for a while.

As far as I understand it OPs idea is basically the same as any of the other suggestions made except it is based around 40 skin templates hardlocked to the zones and regions rather than 5 or 10 skin templates where a player can customize the triggers for auto swapping when zoning (Including whether they want any at all), allowing for way more customizability with less skin templates.

What entails said skin template wasnt really questioned, I think?

*Shrugs* Thats what I gather anyway.