Scourge Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

> @"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:

> Found this to be very fitting when it comes to Necromancers feelings after this news, if anything this is a testament to the loyalty and longing this class has to be respectable, kudos to the artist who put it together.;

>

> Hello darkness my old friend

> The necros have been nerfed again.

> With PoF their appeal was peaking.

> Getting raid invites they were seeking.

> But the illusion of favor was only in their brain

> Feel the pain

> Once again, removed from relevance

>

> In their dreams Anet did atone

> So that necros no longer walked alone

> Beneath the gaze of the fiery god

> They would finally not be downtrod

> But then with a wrathful change of code

> Necros felt so cold

>

> And in the morn' it was revealed

> Despite all they had appealed

> The new elite had them weeping

> For it was no better than reaping

> And Reddit yelled to the developer void

> They were annoyed

>

> We fools, we did not know

> That Anet does not like necros

> Hears our requests without speaking

> No replies to our class ailing

> Our words with silent keystrokes fell

> As once again, there was no relevance

>

> And as other classes stand and wait

> The poor necros took the bait

> We should have remembered the past

> For this class will always be last

> The signs say that we're more than just a lost cause

> Our skills have flaws

> So once again, removed from relevance.

>

>

All is still vain.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Vlad Morbius.1759" said:

> Found this to be very fitting when it comes to Necromancers feelings after this news, if anything this is a testament to the loyalty and longing this class has to be respectable, kudos to the artist who put it together.;

>

> Hello darkness my old friend

> The necros have been nerfed again.

> With PoF their appeal was peaking.

> Getting raid invites they were seeking.

> But the illusion of favor was only in their brain

> Feel the pain

>

> In their dreams Anet did atone

> So that necros no longer walked alone

> Beneath the gaze of the fiery god

> They would finally not be downtrod

> But then with a wrathful change of code

> Necros felt so cold

>

> And in the morn' it was revealed

> Despite all they had appealed

> The new elite had them weeping

> For it was no better than reaping

> And Reddit yelled to the developer void

> They were annoyed

>

> We fools, we did not know

> That Anet does not like necros

> Hears our requests without speaking

> No replies to our class ailing

> Our words with silent keystrokes fell

> As once again, there was no relevance

>

> And as other classes stand and wait

> The poor necros took the bait

> We should have remembered the past

> For this class will always be last

> The signs say that we're more than just a lost cause

> Our skills have flaws

> So once again, removed from relevance.

>

>

sounds like a chief keef song

guys this is why I didnt buy expax because I knew nerf is incoming to scourge I enjoyed beta weekend where necro could have been actually good pvp class but I knew they will nerf it based on forum whining......pew pew ranger power mesmer DH etc could kill scourge from afar easily but everybody kept face tanking it with plenty of boons to corrupt and then hopped on forums to whine how OP it was.......glad I didnt buy xpax I predicted this

> @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

> Greetings Necromancers,

>

> As the sands of the Crystal Desert beckon several things have changed since the previews of the Scourge elite specialization.

>

> * Manifest Sand Shade: Reduced duration of shade from 25s to 20s. Reduced target cap from 5 to 3.

> * Nefarious Favor: Increased cost from 15% to 21% base vitality in life force.

> * Garish Pillar: Reduced cost from 50% to 40% of base vitality in life force.

> * Desert Shroud: Increased cost from 40% to 50% of base vitality in life force.

> * Harrowing Wave: Now grants 3% life force per enemy struck.

> * Serpent Siphon: Poison from 1 stack for 3s to 2 stacks for 5s.

> * Sand Swell: Increased duration of portal from 6 to 8 seconds. Increased number of allies that can use it from 10 to 20.

> * Trail of Anguish: Now grants stability in addition to swiftness.

> * Desert Empowerment: Reduced base barrier value and healing scaling granted from this trait by 27%.

> * Sand Savant: Reduced the increased number of targets on Manifest Sand Shade from 5 to 2. (So it now increases it to 5)

>

> The cost of some profession abilities has been changed to better pair with their level of impact and some of the punishment skills received minor buffs to their non-corruption abilities.

>

> Of major note Manifest Sand Shade (F1 by default) has had its target cap reduced to 3 per shade and is increased by the trait Sand Savant to 5 while wielding a greater shade. There are several reasons for this change, including:

>

> • Potential 20 target caps in WvW blew things out. Compare this to 5 target caps on the vast majority of abilities with the rare 10 cap abilities.

> • Sand Savant smooths out multi-party teams and offers greater control with an effective 10 target cap (at you and your shade).

> • There is an effective 12 target cap if you and your three kitten are all active, but it is deliberately not sustainable so you can have a period of increased power at the cost of lessened effectiveness later on.

>

> We expect this change will reward more skilled use of kitten while remaining effective area control in the vastness of Elona and beyond.

>

> Hone your magics and command the sands!

Cant wait to play, it seems you guys didnt nerf much at all, scourge will be a beast in pvp.

The time when people realize that Scurge is a monster in PvP and WvW it will be fun! Scurge is the true monster and the real Spell Breaker and has incredible condition pressure in PvP and WvW! In raids it won't shine, but the cries from other players, that they are destroyed will be funny!

Until they fix this - the new meta will be "no boons meta" , 2 scurge player in team, 1 dead eye, 1 support, and 1 good mobility player!

Scurge's boon rip and boon transformation into condi is insane, the more boons you have the faster you will die, pure and simple! And don't worry about life force in PvP and WvW, you will have it full, only in PvE is a problem, and that's for Raids!

> @Jethro.9376 said:

> > @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

>

> > * Trail of Anguish: Now grants stability in addition to swiftness.

>

> Are we talking about 1 stack for 1 second?

>

>

Do you expect a measly utility skill to be as powerful as a Grand Master trait that last 3 seconds ? Come on, be real!

> @LordOtto.2650 said:

> only in PvE is a problem, and that's for Raids!

Thank you for noticing **THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS DISCUSSION AND THE PROBLEM NECROMANCERS HAVE HAD SINCE GAME LAUNCH.** Sure, you added it dismissively and as an afterthought, but we can't all be winners, I suppose. (Necromancers know that all too well.)

Seriously, I don't get this. "lol who cares about pve" I dunno, _MAYBE THE PVE PLAYERS?_

> @LordOtto.2650 said:

> The time when people realize that Scurge is a monster in PvP and WvW it will be fun! Scurge is the true monster and the real Spell Breaker and has incredible condition pressure in PvP and WvW! In raids it won't shine, but the cries from other players, that they are destroyed will be funny!

> Until they fix this - the new meta will be "no boons meta" , 2 scurge player in team, 1 dead eye, 1 support, and 1 good mobility player!

> Scurge's boon rip and boon transformation into condi is insane, the more boons you have the faster you will die, pure and simple! And don't worry about life force in PvP and WvW, you will have it full, only in PvE is a problem, and that's for Raids!

Yes. But the problem is that not a single Necro spec is good in PvE, all they are good for is PvP and WvW. Since LAUNCH (although, there Necrom was dead in sPvP too). All other professions have at least one build that won't be outright kicked from every raid. Only Necromancer does not.

> @LordOtto.2650 said:

> The time when people realize that Scurge is a monster in PvP and WvW it will be fun! Scurge is the true monster and the real Spell Breaker and has incredible condition pressure in PvP and WvW! In raids it won't shine, but the cries from other players, that they are destroyed will be funny!

> Until they fix this - the new meta will be "no boons meta" , 2 scurge player in team, 1 dead eye, 1 support, and 1 good mobility player!

So you mean 2 necromancer/2 thiefs and an ele will be meta in PvP? I doubt it. Anyway, ranger will find a spot in here since it's LB diretly counter the scourge. And since scourge counter scourge pretty well as well... This will prove to be a dead end. Note that Ventari revenants will still be fine on point... I'd say even more if the party rely heavily on scourges.

> @LordOtto.2650 said:

> Scurge's boon rip and boon transformation into condi is insane, the more boons you have the faster you will die, pure and simple! And don't worry about life force in PvP and WvW, you will have it full, only in PvE is a problem, and that's for Raids!

You nailed it here. The changes have only minute impact on PvP (no you could even say it's buffed here), reduce the scourge to a bearable point in WvW and just send the scourge to oblivion in high end PvE. The change might sucks for open PvE but that doesn't really mean anything in this gamemode. The real issue is not the scourge change per se, it's the core necromancer that can't bring enough on the table to make the scourge relevant in PvE. Why players continue on this thread is that they felt that they had a glimmer of hope to be welcome in high end PvE and the change just happened to go in the total opposite direction of what they expect would be done to make it real.

The only thing that the necromancer's PvE community still have is the hope that the core change and reaper change won't be to disappointing.

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> > @LordOtto.2650 said:

> > The time when people realize that Scurge is a monster in PvP and WvW it will be fun! Scurge is the true monster and the real Spell Breaker and has incredible condition pressure in PvP and WvW! In raids it won't shine, but the cries from other players, that they are destroyed will be funny!

> > Until they fix this - the new meta will be "no boons meta" , 2 scurge player in team, 1 dead eye, 1 support, and 1 good mobility player!

>

> So you mean 2 necromancer/2 thiefs and an ele will be meta in PvP? I doubt it. Anyway, ranger will find a spot in here since it's LB diretly counter the scourge. And since scourge counter scourge pretty well as well... This will prove to be a dead end. Note that Ventari revenants will still be fine on point... I'd say even more if the party rely heavily on scourges.

>

> > @LordOtto.2650 said:

> > Scurge's boon rip and boon transformation into condi is insane, the more boons you have the faster you will die, pure and simple! And don't worry about life force in PvP and WvW, you will have it full, only in PvE is a problem, and that's for Raids!

>

> You nailed it here. The changes have only minute impact on PvP (no you could even say it's buffed here), reduce the scourge to a bearable point in WvW and just send the scourge to oblivion in high end PvE. The change might kitten for open PvE but that doesn't really mean anything in this gamemode. The real issue is not the scourge change per se, it's the core necromancer that can't bring enough on the table to make the scourge relevant in PvE. Why players continue on this thread is that they felt that they had a glimmer of hope to be welcome in high end PvE and the change just happened to go in the total opposite direction of what they expect would be done to make it real.

>

> The only thing that the necromancer's PvE community still have is the hope that the core change and reaper change won't be to disappointing.

I don't have any hope for the Reaper changes. My prediciton would be that Condi Reaper is dead, and Power Reaper is better but still worse than current condi Reaper (which will also invalidate all of my recently aquired ascended gear until i can reforge it... *sigh*). And Core Necro...have we ever gotten a good buff on Core Necro without also getting hefted by a nerf in the same breath? I cannot remember a single time.

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> The only thing that the necromancer's PvE community still have is the hope that the core change and reaper change won't be to disappointing.

Removed unforseen interactions of Dhuumfire with shade skills

Scourge Trsansfusion healing reduced to bring it in line with balanced Trsanfusion numbers.

Reworked Deathly Chill - now increases damage done to chilled targets by 1% per stack of chill.

> @Wintermute.5408 said:

> > @Dadnir.5038 said:

> > The only thing that the necromancer's PvE community still have is the hope that the core change and reaper change won't be to disappointing.

>

> Removed unforseen interactions of Dhuumfire with shade skills

> Scourge Trsansfusion healing reduced to bring it in line with balanced Trsanfusion numbers.

> Reworked Deathly Chill - now increases damage done to chilled targets by 1% per stack of chill.

That is not hope... that's despair...

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> > @Wintermute.5408 said:

> > > @Dadnir.5038 said:

> > > The only thing that the necromancer's PvE community still have is the hope that the core change and reaper change won't be to disappointing.

> >

> > Removed unforseen interactions of Dhuumfire with shade skills

> > Scourge Trsansfusion healing reduced to bring it in line with balanced Trsanfusion numbers.

> > Reworked Deathly Chill - now increases damage done to chilled targets by 1% per stack of chill.

>

> That is not hope... that's despair...

Removed Dhuumfire.

Removed Transfusion.

Removed Deadly Chill.

FTFY...

After I saw many players love Raids, like I do ( +650 li, 2 leg set armor from here ), I've made some research how can you play in this game mode ( PvE Raid ) with Scurge!

Here are the Skills what you can use from Scurge trait line, and I only want to write about Life Force, because that's the main problem :

Nourishing Rot ( 5% Life force every 3 seconds ) - Now if you use Corruption skills you get very often Life Force, but you will loose some condi dps - and we must see the Golem if it worth it! And the most important question and problem is that Raid bosses do not have boons, so we can't corrupt them, so we don't benefit from this skill entirely! We must ask the devs about this, and hope we will get an answer!

Saddistic Searing trait skill -but the trick here is to use this skill if we go with this trait line - The skill is called "Dessicate" - every 16 seconds 11% life force

Feast of Corruption - Scepter nr. 3 skill - +9% Life Force. That means minimum 11+9=20% Life force every 16 seconds!

Manifest Sand Shade doesn't require Life Force to use it, you will not loose DPS there!

Scurge will be useful because of the Epidemic, some support, crowd control, and some support like might and barrier! ( Might from skills, you have 3 different skill that grant lots of might for you and your allies, they are in the links, and barrier from Heal skill, and if you have life force from Sand Cascade and Desert Shroud)

Here are some links how you should go and Raid! I will surely test it on the Golem!

Scurge will have at least one place on Raids! At least if you come with this build and I'm the commander I will not kick you out!

(There are 3 builds, where I've changed 1 trait line and 1 skill, I will try all 3 of them, on Golem and in Raids too)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArf7YnE9CN9iV9Ce3As9ilkBLKndtCA6n126clqIsEeVA-jxh0wAw0PAV5HgTCAQ1fC8EAMrEsw+DkCAi5WA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArf7YnE9CV3gV9Ce3As9ilkBLKndtCA6n126clqIsEeVA-jxh0wAmVCWY/BY6Hgq8LwTAAo6PAOJAkCAi5WA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArf7YnE9CV3gV9Ce3As9ilkBLKndtCA6p126clqIsEeVA-jxh0wAAV/Bm+BAnEgAPBgC7PYWJIUlfkCAi5WA-e

> @Zefiris.8297 said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @Eburte.9813 said:

> > > Welp, looks like it's time to get a new main. I've heard Anet likes Elementalist, might try one of those.

> >

> > I wouldn't bother, according to the eles , ANet hates them too. Actually, according to the forums, ANet hates every class.

>

> And yet Eles are consistently the best damage dealers.

> And yet, warriors have MULTIPLE unique buffs while also being top DPS and even get their damage *buffed*

>

And yet, they still both claim ANet hates them.

I've heard Anet said that raid isn't content for all classes, but I still hope, for now, I'm confused . I can only have fun with necro, but idk if I'll play it anymore.

I don't really have much problem with the target if F1, but the skill cost is worse for me.

Scourge isn't dps, and also isn't support. Let's try fisrt, but fir now idk how to play is good.

> @UBiliX.3258 said:

> I've heard Anet said that raid isn't content for all classes,

As far as I know ArenaNet has never said any such thing. Pretty sure whoever told you that is just being a rabble-rouser.

I don't like the current state of necro any more than any other necro, but lets keep it reasonable and avoid the wild conspiracy theories.

As I stated on the other forums, pvp players in this game hate turrets.

There is no way that the developers in this game will allow any of the skills related to turrets, especially unkillable turrets of the scourge, to be good. Unfortunately, the shroud was replaced with turrets and Some of the new slot skills are turret related.

For balance reasons, the turret skills have to suck. Whether scourge ends up long term playable depends on the non turret aspects to the class. So, I was happy to see lifeforce gain put on torch. But the real need is for a 40% across the board increase to weapon damage, or some sort of group buff to damage (that doesn't exist).

I did not think the beta scourge was OP in pvp. It had a dhumfire gimmick damage spike, that any class could build a counter for. Even without such a counter, the class was pathetically weak against common pvp situations. The scourge couldn't escape a gravity well or Dragonhunter longbow 5. Miss a dodge against those == dead. Also the class was weak against condition pressure, and a free kill for anybody with a good ranged weapon. The only place where the beta scourge was surprisingly strong was against thieves (for whom lone necromancers are free kills). They must have complained.

The beta scourge played like a basic kitten dragonhunter without the pulls and unvulnerabilities, but with remote trap triggers. The trapper dragonhunter is a newb killer, but is easily dealt with by players who have enough experience facing them, and the scourge would have been the same. It didn't need to be nerfed.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @Zefiris.8297 said:

> > > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > @Eburte.9813 said:

> > > > Welp, looks like it's time to get a new main. I've heard Anet likes Elementalist, might try one of those.

> > >

> > > I wouldn't bother, according to the eles , ANet hates them too. Actually, according to the forums, ANet hates every class.

> >

> > And yet Eles are consistently the best damage dealers.

> > And yet, warriors have MULTIPLE unique buffs while also being top DPS and even get their damage *buffed*

> >

>

> And yet, they still both claim ANet hates them.

>

They might be ANet employees trying to discredit legitimate necro claims in the eyes of unsuspecting people.

That's common practice when you want to manipulate the general opinion.