Scourge Specialization Updates for the Path of Fire Launch

Irenio CalmonHuang.2048

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

> Of major note Manifest Sand Shade (F1 by default) has had its target cap reduced to 3 per shade and is increased by the trait Sand Savant to 5 while wielding a greater shade. There are several reasons for this change, including:

>

> • Potential 20 target caps in WvW blew things out. Compare this to 5 target caps on the vast majority of abilities with the rare 10 cap abilities.

> • Sand Savant smooths out multi-party teams and offers greater control with an effective 10 target cap (at you and your shade).

> • There is an effective 12 target cap if you and your three kitten are all active, but it is deliberately not sustainable so you can have a period of increased power at the cost of lessened effectiveness later on.

I am not sure I understand this. With 5 base and 5 from the trait before, wouldn't it have been **10** targets, not 20? And 10 sounds fine, as you said.

> @serenity.4712 said:

> Satisfied with the changes tbh, Scourge were redicilously overpowered in sPvP and WvW. We'll see how it goes now, but remember - this isn't the final state. There are going to be more buffs/nerfs in the upcoming months, this is just the launch.

These changes affect open world stuff, not just WvW. It's totally crippling Scourge in PvE for WvW balance reasons, which is incredibly stupid.

> @Lucifirius.3196 said:

> > @serenity.4712 said:

> > Satisfied with the changes tbh, Scourge were redicilously overpowered in sPvP and WvW. We'll see how it goes now, but remember - this isn't the final state. There are going to be more buffs/nerfs in the upcoming months, this is just the launch.

>

> These changes affect open world stuff, not just WvW. It's totally crippling Scourge in PvE for WvW balance reasons, which is incredibly stupid.

I agree, why should those who doesn't play WvW get this nerf hammer as well

Solution? They should split WvW and PvE trait

\#GiveBackOurSand

Wow... that really hit hard here...

What I don't understand is that there seem to be nothing done to one of the toxic gimmick of the scourge in wvw. The change in life force cost to _desert shroud_ is probably the nail on the PvE coffin of the scourge.

Hope the change on core and reaper will be a bit more stomachable.

NB.: Torch giving 3% life force on a 16s CD against a boss... Wow... Just wow...

And like that, you killed Scourge before it even came out. Good job. Support in raids? Forget it. Everything gives better might gen, barriers are not useful enough. Useful utilities? Nope, because they STILL do not have base torment application and depend on corruption (instead of eg. one stack torment base, 2 more on corruption) which you do not get 90% of the time in PvE. Good condition damage? Nope, Demonic lore still has an ICD, while Firebrand still stacks 50 stacks burn on it's own. Seriously, this is complete crap. Scourge was barely viable in PvE before, now it is dead. And you should just have split Sand shade between PvE and PvP/WvW, if it was such a massive problem there.

I want an explanation why they don't split this balance changes across the game modes, is it easier to go back and forth with changes?

I always wanted to play this class in raids and not be looked at as a maniac, I was dissapointed with the new spec but it did bring some hope, now I see was false one.

If you don't want to properly deal with this class just remove it.

> * Manifest Sand Shade: Reduced duration of shade from 25s to 20s. Reduced target cap from 5 to 3.

> * Desert Empowerment: Reduced base barrier value and healing scaling granted from this trait by 27%.

> * Sand Savant: Reduced the increased number of targets on Manifest Sand Shade from 5 to 2. (So it now increases it to 5)

J.U.S.T.I.C.E !

Hope it's enough, cause the barrier with F3 / healing skill were strong aswell, but let's be honest, it's cool that devs decided to change that. It was ridiculously strong in WvW, it's a good change !

One of the things I dislike the most about game developers and forums is that questions made by overwhelming numbers are simply not answered. You'd think we could have a conversation, but no. Over and over no matter the game a big change is made, thousands of pages of feedback and questions on -why- something was done. ... and the devs hunker down, go very very sneaky and silent. Over time the outrage and pressure abates since it is not sustainable and even more when feeling like talking to a wall... and the matter dies on its own.

Same here. Again. Why were the skills not split for WvW and PvE?

> @Kanto.1659 said:

> Same here. Again. Why were the skills not split for WvW and PvE?

Because the average WvW player will cry and cry and cry and cry until they get their nerfs. (see Hana.8143 thinking necro getting butchered is fine or remember epi)

While the average necro will shrug it off with "not that bad", "i will just make my own group with 5 necros" and keeps playing.

I mean, it's quite obvious what anet will do, right? If one cries and the other shrugs it off, why would you bother with splitting it?

> @Hana.8143 said:

> > * Manifest Sand Shade: Reduced duration of shade from 25s to 20s. Reduced target cap from 5 to 3.

> > * Desert Empowerment: Reduced base barrier value and healing scaling granted from this trait by 27%.

> > * Sand Savant: Reduced the increased number of targets on Manifest Sand Shade from 5 to 2. (So it now increases it to 5)

>

> J.U.S.T.I.C.E !

>

> Hope it's enough, cause the barrier with F3 / healing skill were strong aswell, but let's be honest, it's cool that devs decided to change that. It was ridiculously strong in WvW, it's a good change !

It would be justice if they made that change in WvW only. This way it's just another slap in the face, like always when we PvE players think we might finally get a spot in raids once in a blue moon instead of never.

Same thing happened 2012 afte Open Beta and again 2015 after HoT beta so why ppl are supprised necro getting totally screwed after a Beta test idk. I was not just expecting this but saw it as given tbh. Necro will always be on the lower place on the ladder.

The Shade nerf from 5 to 3 (maybe have bin needed but its huge nerf) the duration nerf is wierd

Nefarious Favor this nerf I agree with (was imho the strongest thing about scourge)

Desert empowerment nerfing this trait by 27% basicly kills Anets own idea of a Necro Support... W T F are u guys smoking when u do these changes ?

Then we got buffed: LF on Torch ,Duration on Portal and Stability on our new stun-brekaer, ok but its not really making up for the nerfs.

as I said not at all suprised as a 5y Necro Vet. just hope its still viable.

ps: I guess the Thiefs cried loud enough

I'm sad about this. My main is necro & has been since launch, so I've keenly felt the lack of love it gets.

Scourge finally felt a little like it was going to be strong with piles of condi. But, as with reaper, we're left limping with a nerf. Why bother having the class at all if you're going to relegate it to a "play only if you really like the theme!" pile? I don't get it.

I'm happy to reserve the tiniest slither of hope that in-game it turns out differently ... but it's the tiniest flicker of hope only. Ie. I'm getting ready to gear up a holosmith, weaver and spellbreaker & keep power reaper as is.

Anet makes me sad :(

> @Umbramare.9156 said:

> > @Kanto.1659 said:

>

> > Same here. Again. Why were the skills not split for WvW and PvE?

>

> Because the average WvW player will cry and cry and cry and cry until they get their nerfs. (see Hana.8143 thinking necro getting butchered is fine or remember epi)

>

> While the average necro will shrug it off with "not that bad", "i will just make my own group with 5 necros" and keeps playing.

>

> I mean, it's quite obvious what anet will do, right? If one cries and the other shrugs it off, why would you bother with splitting it?

>

Wrong. It's because there are Anet devs that give a fuck reading the other classes' forums and seeing the cries of those, but either no one reads the Necro forums (and thus no matter how much we complain and have good arguements, it doesn'T help at all), or the one reading simply does not give a single fuck, propably does not even play the Class, or, at most, plays exclusively WvW or PvP.

With Desert Shroud LF increase and Desert Empowerment nerf, make Desert Shroud to cast its barrier to up to 5 allies. Its only fair. Why make "support" spec that can't really support, unless you have at least few support necros sharing barriers at the same time... Single support necro is not gonna do the job...

Gl to us getting any spot anywhere as support... sigh