Map loading time increase during "Current Events"-> "Zone Defense"

Hi

I just wanted to know if other people experience the same issue map loading times during the Zone Defense. My map loading is normally around 5-20sec (know this because of -maploadinfo). But during the events my map loading passes the 50sec even up to 70sec. Which cause the event locations being complete when I port in.

in pve their is no such thing at all as zone defense !! but during world boss events on pve maps these events make them maps laggy !! and load times more case in points triple trouble and teg maps . how ever their is things one can do to cut down the lag and make load times much more faster . which from reading lots of forums posts like this i have noticed these things over time

every player that makes a post like this tends to make these mistakes such as low fire wall settings as well as low antivirus firewall settings .

having multi able apps running as well as chat apps like discord and using old out dated catE5 cable or wifi routers that are not properly set up

things to fix these problems set windows fire wall to high thus closing off all unneed ports setting antivirus fire wall to high upgrading to the most latest CATE 7 cabling

going to use chat apps like discord have them properly set up as well as have the game and the other apps you need to use while gaming set to high in task manger

doing these easy things here will improve your gaming load times as well as your game play . ;/

> @"Paleglider.3452" said:

> There is the achievement "Zone Defense" under current events. And don't have any other multiple apps running.

> http://dulfy.net/2018/01/09/gw2-jan-9-awakening-threats-current-events-guide/

>

> I will look into the tips you gave on how to decrease my map loading time. thnx!

>

oh ok that new event thing anet add is what your talking about !!! not even bothered at all with it myself !! so not sure how it goes down and works yet

but from what i seen of some from after teq events as leaving the maps to other maps and come across some of these wakened . if i am trying to farm a node on the way to another maps . becomes a problem need to kill them off to get the node i need .

going to have to check this out if i got the time . also too if you want to do a easy cheap up graded for your internet cabling if you got old CATE5 cable . now that it is out you can get CATE7 for $15.00 from amazon even if you only got a 60 mb internet hook up it still give you more faster internet over the CATE5 cables . the same goes too for DSL cables as well too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHDT44G/ref=s9_acsd_top_hd_bw_bAqaqOZ_c_x_w?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_r=ZSKRAM0P0JVVJJN1SXFG&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=cda5afa6-ee64-5002-b282-ddfc6faf6a03&pf_rd_i=9938479011

thanks for point this out to me with the links after i looked at them from your second post B)

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> going to have to check this out if i got the time . also too if you want to do a easy cheap up graded for your internet cabling if you got old CATE5 cable . now that it is out you can get CATE7 for $15.00 from amazon even if you only got a 60 mb internet hook up it still give you more faster internet over the CATE5 cables . the same goes too for DSL cables as well too

You seem to be saying this a lot on multiple threads. I'm guessing you are a paid advertisment trying to disguise yourself as a "player".

Personally, I was/am pleasantly surprised by how fast my maps load during these events. I usually range from 30+ to 280+ seconds for map loading. I use -maploadinfo, as well. Of course, the longer times are usually when first loading into the game/certain newer maps. But, with very few exceptions, most loading times are 30-55 seconds. /shrug

And, don't anyone suggest any new cables...pfft.

No ethernet cable will improve your load times. Even if you switch to optical. ;)

Anyway, map load times can only be improved with either having GW2 on an SSD or setting character model limit/quality to lowest. If you select a waypoint where the action is, there are just too many players around. Lots of players to load if you set the character models to the max setting.