How to level a new Ele?

Dabrixmgp.4758

After a 2+ year break I simply cant play my 80 elementalist any more without being totally frustrated. Ele was always my favorite, especially in WvW. Even got my 4th birthdsy gift this week. Wanted to do PoF stuff so found an open world core build and bought full berserker off the auction house....and just died over and over again. The opening of PoF fighting the Herald was just the start of my chain dirt naps. Try to solo Hero Points...dirt nap. Gotta kill this guy for story...dirt nap. Meanwhile I can eat and text while playing my zerker geared minionmancer and end every fight full health. Figure its proly best just to make a new Ele and relearn the class again. Plus I finally wanna get 100% map completion. So whats a good build to use for leveling and then once I hit 80? You get a TON of HPs while leveling now so once I hit 80 I should be able to unlock like 50% of Weaver.

You just need to get used to your build. Ele is fragile, especially with berserkers, so you rely on active defenses. Also, just leveling up doing hero points will not unlock half of weaver, it'll maybe do 1/4. But know the hero challenges give 10 points each in path of fire. It only took me two days to fully unlock weaver in the PoF maps. I would say just practice on open world with your build. If you give us your build I'm sure we could help more.

> @"Dabrixmgp.4758" said:

> After a 2+ year break I simply cant play my 80 elementalist any more without being totally frustrated. Ele was always my favorite, especially in WvW. Even got my 4th birthdsy gift this week. Wanted to do PoF stuff so found an open world core build and bought full berserker off the auction house....and just died over and over again. The opening of PoF fighting the Herald was just the start of my chain dirt naps. Try to solo Hero Points...dirt nap. Gotta kill this guy for story...dirt nap. Meanwhile I can eat and text while playing my zerker geared minionmancer and end every fight full health. Figure its proly best just to make a new Ele and relearn the class again. Plus I finally wanna get 100% map completion. So whats a good build to use for leveling and then once I hit 80? You get a TON of HPs while leveling now so once I hit 80 I should be able to unlock like 50% of Weaver.

I beat every single encounter with my zerker ele with same build as yours. U need to know when and how far you cast your skills so you don't put urself in danger.

• 4 weeks later...

Use full berserker gear with strength runes, spec fire 1-1-2, air-3-1-1, arcane 3,1,1. All jewels ruby but acc & amulet should be a vitality/toughness. I also use a sentinel staff with bloodlust and force. I also have a berserker staff and full ruby acc and amulet for when I leave the pof zones. My build is a power/might build. My utilities are Glyph of harmony, Glyph of elemental power, Glyph of storms, Signet of earth and Glyph of elementals. It may not be the best out there but I have fun and hardly die. I also eat orrian fritters and use the level 60 sharpening stones since the nerfed the level 80 stones.

Berserker Ele builds assume raid meta support, particularly healing and boons. Your teammates are supposed to maximize your damage and keep you alive, while you do your damage. Without raid meta support, Berserker Eles are almost as durable as wet tissues. This isn't an issue in the core game, where mobs are dumb and fragile, but expansion content (HoT & PoF) mobs are smarter, tougher, and more plentiful. Berserker builds get annihilated in that content without support, amounting to a self-imposed challenge mote for tryhards. Berserker isn't even top damage for solo builds, because you don't have enough Precision.

My recommendation would be to either: 1) get raid meta support or 2) re-gear with soloing in mind. The first is self-explanatory, but not necessarily available to everyone, particularly in open world PvE (raid meta players tend to run raids and fractals, not open world). If you're looking to re-gear, I'd recommend is something like [this](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAoYhcMosh9NwoB0RMIAYVnsJmGmYwOoIEBgCwDA-jhSAABrvwgiaBuS5nGKBzRHBFm/C4BBAwJEwr9BQS9HA-e). This build is super cheap. You can get armor and weapons free from dungeons (CoE) if you like.

The dagger/dagger style is active and a lot of fun. You'll spend your time in close combat, bouncing between Fire and Earth attunements, throwing out bleeds and burns with +65% duration (+75% if you add a Bowl of Garlic Kale Sautee and a Corsair Tuning Crystal). Your signets will be a big source of damage and healing, plus their passives will stay up while on cooldown. It'll be slower than full Berserker in the core game, but a lot less frustrating in expansion content. Swap your mainhand dagger for scepter for easy might and more range, if you prefer.