2018 Changes for Ranger

AEFA.9035

This is one of the trait lines that HAS not been change for years and its 2018 most of these are simple and old, that needs revisions.

I will start off with **Marksmanship minors** as we all know and most of us agree these need MAJOR overhaul. **(Any benefits for your pet should work both in Beastmode to the player.)**

**Opening Strike will have a built in ammo system like preparing your arrows before a fight.**

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------**MARKSMANSHIP**-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Minor Adept** (AMMO SYSTEM)

~~Opening Strike~~ ~~You and your pet inflict vulnerability with your first strike when entering combat.~~

**Opening Strike** Unblockable. You deal # damage to target and your pet deals 10% more damage giving Swiftness to nearby allies . Changing target resets your opening strike up to 3 times. CD 6 seconds.

* lets admit it brothers, **WHEN entering combat? ** in a team fight how many times will this proc and benefit us? With the new Opening Strike, you can consume 1 to poke an enemy and you won't be penalize for entering a combat. This way you can plan which target you really want to burst, you can also aid a team mate in a fight by poking an enemy for them at 1200 range.

**Minor Master**

~~Alpha Focus Your opening strikes inflict cripple on your foes.~~

**Alpha Focus** Your Opening Strike deals 3% more damage to moving foes and your pet deals 2% more damage.

* Why go for increase in damage to moving foes, as a LB Ranger, we know our targets or someone will come after as, why not punish them with a trait perfect for that situation? a mere cripple can never stop a thief or anyone who has insane movement, might as well dish out more damage.

**Minor Grand Master**

~~Precise Strike Opening Strike always critical hits.~~

**Power Strike** While your Opening Strike are in CD, your attacks are unblockable for 6 seconds.

*This is for the new scene of PVP that Im sure some of you are experiencing, Warrior/Guard/Mesmer/Ranger with block for # of seconds, there's a lot of them this should create more play for power this is important for DPS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TRAITS-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on with the traits since Opening Strike has a built in ammo system this means that

~~Remorseless Regain opening strike whenever you gain fury. Opening strike deals more damage.~~

**Remorseless** Your attacks ignore 10% of your target's armor.

~~Moment of Clarity Gain an attack of opportunity for you and your pet on interrupting a foe. Daze and stun durations you inflict last longer.~~

**Moment of Clarity** Your Opening Strike Dazes a foe for 1/2 second. Daze and stun duration are increased by 50%. **WHAT UP GW1 MAGEBANE RANGERS!!!!!!**

~~Brutish Seals Activating a Signet grants fury to nearby allies. Signets gain reduced recharge.~~

**Brutish Seals** Activating a Signet grants Might to offensive signets and Resistance to defensive signets. Signets gain reduced recharge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------**SKIRMISHING**------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major problems that I see so far in this line:

1. Basic boon gain On weapon swaps

2. Flanking/from the side

These need to go! This can be put into Sigils, and its a problem that a trait in Core Ranger like this exists.

**Minor Adept**

~~ Tail Wind 9 Gain swiftness when swapping weapons in combat.~~

**Tail Wind** Reflects projectiles on swap 1s. Gain might.

~~Furious Grip 9 Gain fury when swapping weapons in combat.~~

**Most Dangerous Game** Your Pet deals increase damage to foes: deal 1% more damage for every 5% of missing health. Maximum 5%. ( Works with Soulbeasts.)

~~Hunter's Tactics Increased chance to critically strike while attacking from behind or the side.~~

**Scrimmage** While in combat gain 3% increase damage. Gain 15 Ferocity (1%) every 3 seconds maximum 10 stacks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------TRAITS-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~Primal Reflexes 8 When you successfully evade an attack, gain vigor.~~

**Primal Reflexes** Dodging grants you vigor and reveal an area within a radius.

~~Strider's Defense 5 When you evade an attack while wielding a sword, gain Quickness. Sword skills recharge faster.~~

**Strider's Defense** Reduces condition duration on you by 1 second whenever you dodge or evade an attack. Sword skills recharge faster.

~~Vicious Quarry 2 Fury grants ferocity and additional increased critical strike chance. When struck while below the health threshold, gain fury.~~

**Double Down** Boons does not affect you. Instead attack 33% faster.

I think you're being a little overzealous. Yes, Opening Strike is lackluster. But all it really needs is an semi-infrequent way to refresh it in combat. I'd suggest "Opening Strike is refreshed on you and your pet when you disable a foe." (AKA you see an opening) And do that thing when mobs with breakbar count for that. Ranger has some hard CC but not to the point where that would be overpowered.

And nothankyou.jpg to those Skirmishing changes. I just don't see the "problem" as one.

Can I add soulbeast suggestion?

Eternal Bond: While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

How about this:

Eternal Bond: While in beastmode damage taken is reduced by 10%. If you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

Or: while in beastmode remove X condition on dodging (since a lot of traits resolve around that already)

Or: while in beastmode passively regenerate X amount health per sec.

I'm not suggesting changes that will make soulbeast OP or this trait meta. I'm just asking to make it AT LEAST interesting while buildcrafting. In it's current form for a grandmaster trait it's way too poor, especially on a 90 second cooldown. It needs some love imo.

> @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> Can I add soulbeast suggestion?

> Eternal Bond: While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

>

> How about this:

> Eternal Bond: While in beastmode damage taken is reduced by 10%. If you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

>

> Or: while in beastmode remove X condition on dodging (since a lot of traits resolve around that already)

> Or: while in beastmode passively regenerate X amount health per sec.

> I'm not suggesting changes that will make soulbeast OP or this trait meta. I'm just asking to make it AT LEAST interesting while buildcrafting. In it's current form for a grandmaster trait it's way too poor, especially on a 90 second cooldown. It needs some love imo.

Im with you on Eternal Bond, it just doesn't seem like a Grandmaster trait to me, though the 10% damage reduction might be a little too much as a perma reduction. Especially since we have Second Skin which you can pair with Runes is quite strong.

Heres my version if ANET would consider

**a.)Eternal Bond: While in beastmode maximum health is increase per boon on you. (this is passive play)**

**b.)Eternal Bond: Entering beastmode reduces condition duration on you by 1 second. (this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**

**c.) Eternal Bond: When you steal health from a foe your pet steals health from a foe with its next attack. Unblockable. (Should work with Soulbeast. Sustain damage type)**

**d.) Eternal Bond: Merging with your pet deals # damage to foes around you. Leaving beastmode applies movement impaired condition to foes. (Good for combos )**

> @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > Can I add soulbeast suggestion?

> > Eternal Bond: While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

> >

> > How about this:

> > Eternal Bond: While in beastmode damage taken is reduced by 10%. If you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

> >

> > Or: while in beastmode remove X condition on dodging (since a lot of traits resolve around that already)

> > Or: while in beastmode passively regenerate X amount health per sec.

> > I'm not suggesting changes that will make soulbeast OP or this trait meta. I'm just asking to make it AT LEAST interesting while buildcrafting. In it's current form for a grandmaster trait it's way too poor, especially on a 90 second cooldown. It needs some love imo.

>

> Im with you on Eternal Bond, it just doesn't seem like a Grandmaster trait to me, though the 10% damage reduction might be a little too much as a perma reduction. Especially since we have Second Skin which you can pair with Runes is quite strong.

>

> Heres my version if ANET would consider

>

> **a.)Eternal Bond: While in beastmode maximum health is increase per boon on you. (this is passive play)**

>

> **b.)Eternal Bond: Entering beastmode reduces condition duration on you by 1 second. (this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**

>

> **c.) Eternal Bond: When you steal health from a foe your pet steals health from a foe with its next attack. Unblockable. (Should work with Soulbeast. Sustain damage type)**

>

> **d.) Eternal Bond: Merging with your pet deals # damage to foes around you. Leaving beastmode applies movement impaired condition to foes. (Good for combos )**

''this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**''

I don't get Anets' logic man, if the intention was to not camp, why is swapping pets so clunky :/

> @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > > Can I add soulbeast suggestion?

> > > Eternal Bond: While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

> > >

> > > How about this:

> > > Eternal Bond: While in beastmode damage taken is reduced by 10%. If you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

> > >

> > > Or: while in beastmode remove X condition on dodging (since a lot of traits resolve around that already)

> > > Or: while in beastmode passively regenerate X amount health per sec.

> > > I'm not suggesting changes that will make soulbeast OP or this trait meta. I'm just asking to make it AT LEAST interesting while buildcrafting. In it's current form for a grandmaster trait it's way too poor, especially on a 90 second cooldown. It needs some love imo.

> >

> > Im with you on Eternal Bond, it just doesn't seem like a Grandmaster trait to me, though the 10% damage reduction might be a little too much as a perma reduction. Especially since we have Second Skin which you can pair with Runes is quite strong.

> >

> > Heres my version if ANET would consider

> >

> > **a.)Eternal Bond: While in beastmode maximum health is increase per boon on you. (this is passive play)**

> >

> > **b.)Eternal Bond: Entering beastmode reduces condition duration on you by 1 second. (this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**

> >

> > **c.) Eternal Bond: When you steal health from a foe your pet steals health from a foe with its next attack. Unblockable. (Should work with Soulbeast. Sustain damage type)**

> >

> > **d.) Eternal Bond: Merging with your pet deals # damage to foes around you. Leaving beastmode applies movement impaired condition to foes. (Good for combos )**

>

> ''this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**''

>

> I don't get Anets' logic man, if the intention was to not camp, why is swapping pets so clunky :/

>

>

What do you mean by clunky?

> @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > > @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > > > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > > > Can I add soulbeast suggestion?

> > > > Eternal Bond: While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

> > > >

> > > > How about this:

> > > > Eternal Bond: While in beastmode damage taken is reduced by 10%. If you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

> > > >

> > > > Or: while in beastmode remove X condition on dodging (since a lot of traits resolve around that already)

> > > > Or: while in beastmode passively regenerate X amount health per sec.

> > > > I'm not suggesting changes that will make soulbeast OP or this trait meta. I'm just asking to make it AT LEAST interesting while buildcrafting. In it's current form for a grandmaster trait it's way too poor, especially on a 90 second cooldown. It needs some love imo.

> > >

> > > Im with you on Eternal Bond, it just doesn't seem like a Grandmaster trait to me, though the 10% damage reduction might be a little too much as a perma reduction. Especially since we have Second Skin which you can pair with Runes is quite strong.

> > >

> > > Heres my version if ANET would consider

> > >

> > > **a.)Eternal Bond: While in beastmode maximum health is increase per boon on you. (this is passive play)**

> > >

> > > **b.)Eternal Bond: Entering beastmode reduces condition duration on you by 1 second. (this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**

> > >

> > > **c.) Eternal Bond: When you steal health from a foe your pet steals health from a foe with its next attack. Unblockable. (Should work with Soulbeast. Sustain damage type)**

> > >

> > > **d.) Eternal Bond: Merging with your pet deals # damage to foes around you. Leaving beastmode applies movement impaired condition to foes. (Good for combos )**

> >

> > ''this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**''

> >

> > I don't get Anets' logic man, if the intention was to not camp, why is swapping pets so clunky :/

> >

> >

>

> What do you mean by clunky?

I'm not going to explain that, effort not worth the gains.

In terms of your Remorseless rework, with the way the damage formula works, ignoring X% armor is the same as just giving a flat damage bonus, so you might as well just make it a flat damage bonus.

And for your Double Down rework, you're giving up all other boons (including quickness) to gain what? A weaker version of quickness.

> @"Aplier.7829" said:

> In terms of your Remorseless rework, with the way the damage formula works, ignoring X% armor is the same as just giving a flat damage bonus, so you might as well just make it a flat damage bonus.

>

> And for your Double Down rework, you're giving up all other boons (including quickness) to gain what? A weaker version of quickness.

For double down, as far as im concern we can't have permanent quickness

> @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > > @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > > > @"Kraitan.8476" said:

> > > > Can I add soulbeast suggestion?

> > > > Eternal Bond: While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

> > > >

> > > > How about this:

> > > > Eternal Bond: While in beastmode damage taken is reduced by 10%. If you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health. Healing 4kish + 3.5s protection. 90 second cooldown.

> > > >

> > > > Or: while in beastmode remove X condition on dodging (since a lot of traits resolve around that already)

> > > > Or: while in beastmode passively regenerate X amount health per sec.

> > > > I'm not suggesting changes that will make soulbeast OP or this trait meta. I'm just asking to make it AT LEAST interesting while buildcrafting. In it's current form for a grandmaster trait it's way too poor, especially on a 90 second cooldown. It needs some love imo.

> > >

> > > Im with you on Eternal Bond, it just doesn't seem like a Grandmaster trait to me, though the 10% damage reduction might be a little too much as a perma reduction. Especially since we have Second Skin which you can pair with Runes is quite strong.

> > >

> > > Heres my version if ANET would consider

> > >

> > > **a.)Eternal Bond: While in beastmode maximum health is increase per boon on you. (this is passive play)**

> > >

> > > **b.)Eternal Bond: Entering beastmode reduces condition duration on you by 1 second. (this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**

> > >

> > > **c.) Eternal Bond: When you steal health from a foe your pet steals health from a foe with its next attack. Unblockable. (Should work with Soulbeast. Sustain damage type)**

> > >

> > > **d.) Eternal Bond: Merging with your pet deals # damage to foes around you. Leaving beastmode applies movement impaired condition to foes. (Good for combos )**

> >

> > ''this will encourage players to go in and out of beastmode like how ANet described that it shouldnt be camped anyway)**''

> >

> > I don't get Anets' logic man, if the intention was to not camp, why is swapping pets so clunky :/

> >

> >

>

> What do you mean by clunky?

Ever played WoW? Is anything in this game as smooth as the gameplay in that?

Why is sword 2 so clunky? What is that little stutter step crap?

Why isn't great sword 3 as smooth as staff 3?

The swap to beastmode and out of beastmode is not as smooth as staff 3

It feels like a hesitation

Besides, take that needless cooldown away. Give me access to my tools.

> @"Chrury.4627" said:

> I think you're being a little overzealous. Yes, Opening Strike is lackluster. But all it really needs is an semi-infrequent way to refresh it in combat. I'd suggest "Opening Strike is refreshed on you and your pet when you disable a foe." (AKA you see an opening) And do that thing when mobs with breakbar count for that. Ranger has some hard CC but not to the point where that would be overpowered.

>

> And nothankyou.jpg to those Skirmishing changes. I just don't see the "problem" as one.

Overzealous...

Do you think the current state of the mirage, Necro, SpellBreaker are overzealous?

Hypothetically speaking, if you were to see what Mirage was going to be before release, you're telling me you don't think it would of been OP?

What if **every** class got some much needed changes akin to the changes the OP is suggesting?

Would the changes be overzealous then?

> @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > @"Aplier.7829" said:

> > In terms of your Remorseless rework, with the way the damage formula works, ignoring X% armor is the same as just giving a flat damage bonus, so you might as well just make it a flat damage bonus.

> >

> > And for your Double Down rework, you're giving up all other boons (including quickness) to gain what? A weaker version of quickness.

>

> For double down, as far as im concern we can't have permanent quickness

With soulbeast you can self-sustain a pretty significant amount of quickness, or join a group with a chrono (like in just about any organize PVE content) and get perma quickness. I dont even think that the 33% attack speed is worth giving up the baseline might and fury uptime that you can keep on yourself either. Or protection, regen, swiftness, vigor, etc.

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"Chrury.4627" said:

> > I think you're being a little overzealous. Yes, Opening Strike is lackluster. But all it really needs is an semi-infrequent way to refresh it in combat. I'd suggest "Opening Strike is refreshed on you and your pet when you disable a foe." (AKA you see an opening) And do that thing when mobs with breakbar count for that. Ranger has some hard CC but not to the point where that would be overpowered.

> >

> > And nothankyou.jpg to those Skirmishing changes. I just don't see the "problem" as one.

>

> Overzealous...

> Do you think the current state of the mirage, Necro, SpellBreaker are overzealous?

> Hypothetically speaking, if you were to see what Mirage was going to be before release, you're telling me you don't think it would of been OP?

_In my opinion_, Mirage is probably in the "best" spot of the 3.but The concepts behind the skills/trait are good. Necro and Spellbreaker are strong in one gamemode but "weak" in another. You never bring a spellbreaker to a raid, and you only really bring necro for Epi. They could all use some _tweaks_ not _overhauls_.

> What if **every** class got some much needed changes akin to the changes the OP is suggesting?

>

> Would the changes be overzealous then?

Completely changing two core specs for every class in the game for random reasons? Yes, that _would_ be overzealous. You're likely to trade one problem for another that way.

> @"Jack Skywalker.5674" said:

> God I hope no one reads your advice on Marksmanship,I would really hate those changes.

> @Chrury.4627 - if you don't know how to refresh Opening Strike go make a new ranger and relearn the class. I can spam opening strike the same way I spam my face stuffing skill when I have cake in front of me.

{takes the bait}

I too enjoy Remorseless builds.

However, there's the problem. You need to take a GM trait to make the minor traits, which you can't change, useful more than once in a fight. No matter how long that fight takes. Without Remorseless, you _never_ regain OS in-combat. This makes it pretty useless in raids, large meta events, PvP team fights, and WvW clashes. Pretty much anything that isn't world completion.

I'm of the mind that minor traits need to _always_ be useful because they're set in stone. A weak-ish effect that happens once per fight... isn't.

> @"Chrury.4627" said:

> > @"Jack Skywalker.5674" said:

> > God I hope no one reads your advice on Marksmanship,I would really hate those changes.

> > @Chrury.4627 - if you don't know how to refresh Opening Strike go make a new ranger and relearn the class. I can spam opening strike the same way I spam my face stuffing skill when I have cake in front of me.

>

> {takes the bait}

> I too enjoy Remorseless builds.

> However, there's the problem. You need to take a GM trait to make the minor traits, which you can't change, useful more than once in a fight. No matter how long that fight takes. Without Remorseless, you _never_ regain OS in-combat. This makes it pretty useless in raids, large meta events, PvP team fights, and WvW clashes. Pretty much anything that isn't world completion.

>

> I'm of the mind that minor traits need to _always_ be useful because they're set in stone. A weak-ish effect that happens once per fight... isn't.

I had some good experiences with them in sPvP.

> @"Chrury.4627" said:

> > @"Jack Skywalker.5674" said:

> > God I hope no one reads your advice on Marksmanship,I would really hate those changes.

> > @Chrury.4627 - if you don't know how to refresh Opening Strike go make a new ranger and relearn the class. I can spam opening strike the same way I spam my face stuffing skill when I have cake in front of me.

>

> {takes the bait}

> I too enjoy Remorseless builds.

> However, there's the problem. You need to take a GM trait to make the minor traits, which you can't change, useful more than once in a fight. No matter how long that fight takes. Without Remorseless, you _never_ regain OS in-combat. This makes it pretty useless in raids, large meta events, PvP team fights, and WvW clashes. Pretty much anything that isn't world completion.

>

> I'm of the mind that minor traits need to _always_ be useful because they're set in stone. A weak-ish effect that happens once per fight... isn't.

Exactly. For minors to proc you need to trait GRANDMASTER to have a solid smooth gameplay that requires another condition which is fury to renew. That's just poor design. Like I said I'd rather have a solid damage buff, ANET mentioned they don't like passive plays then give us something similar that will enhance our damage\survivability. And marksmanship minors need change.

> @"Aplier.7829" said:

> > @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > > @"Aplier.7829" said:

> > > In terms of your Remorseless rework, with the way the damage formula works, ignoring X% armor is the same as just giving a flat damage bonus, so you might as well just make it a flat damage bonus.

> > >

> > > And for your Double Down rework, you're giving up all other boons (including quickness) to gain what? A weaker version of quickness.

> >

> > For double down, as far as im concern we can't have permanent quickness

>

> With soulbeast you can self-sustain a pretty significant amount of quickness, or join a group with a chrono (like in just about any organize PVE content) and get perma quickness. I dont even think that the 33% attack speed is worth giving up the baseline might and fury uptime that you can keep on yourself either. Or protection, regen, swiftness, vigor, etc.

That might be the case but with Ranger you have skills like guard? I forgot the shout skill that reduces damage that is not a boon that can still reduce damage if use in beastmode for condi you can have empathic bond and runes to reduce condition damage. I mean if ANET is really generous they can always make it 50% attack speed. But then that would make a good Ranger broken.

> @"Chrury.4627" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"Chrury.4627" said:

> > > I think you're being a little overzealous. Yes, Opening Strike is lackluster. But all it really needs is an semi-infrequent way to refresh it in combat. I'd suggest "Opening Strike is refreshed on you and your pet when you disable a foe." (AKA you see an opening) And do that thing when mobs with breakbar count for that. Ranger has some hard CC but not to the point where that would be overpowered.

> > >

> > > And nothankyou.jpg to those Skirmishing changes. I just don't see the "problem" as one.

> >

> > Overzealous...

> > Do you think the current state of the mirage, Necro, SpellBreaker are overzealous?

> > Hypothetically speaking, if you were to see what Mirage was going to be before release, you're telling me you don't think it would of been OP?

>

> _In my opinion_, Mirage is probably in the "best" spot of the 3.but The concepts behind the skills/trait are good. Necro and Spellbreaker are strong in one gamemode but "weak" in another. You never bring a spellbreaker to a raid, and you only really bring necro for Epi. They could all use some _tweaks_ not _overhauls_.

>

> > What if **every** class got some much needed changes akin to the changes the OP is suggesting?

> >

> > Would the changes be overzealous then?

>

> Completely changing two core specs for every class in the game for random reasons? Yes, that _would_ be overzealous. You're likely to trade one problem for another that way.

I don't care about ANY other game modes in this conversation. PVP is where it matters. Everywhere else, meh-- you can make it work. In PVP everything is melted down to its very best. Everything else, doesn't matter. You can make just about anything work in pve.

When changes are made, one class doesn't get one set of OVERPOWERED changes without there being some adjustments. But people, (you are in that crowd of people) get nervous and use words like overzealous. We all know you mean OP.

You act like those changes would be set in stone. My point, even after the buff or change, there will still be tuning to the game, to all the classes.....so don't act like it;s the end of the world for someone to ask for something good for the class.

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> I don't care about ANY other game modes in this conversation. PVP is where it matters. Everywhere else, meh-- you can make it work. In PVP everything is melted down to its very best. Everything else, doesn't matter. You can make just about anything work in pve.

>

Since ANet doesn't functionality split skills between gamemodes, They, and thus we, have to take all three into account when thinking about changes. Not every skill and trait needs to be equallly useful is all gamemodes but with the population of PvE, you can't just dismiss it.

> When changes are made, one class doesn't get one set of OVERPOWERED changes without there being some adjustments. But people, (you are in that crowd of people) get nervous and use words like overzealous. We all know you mean OP.

>

> You act like those changes would be set in stone. My point, even after the buff or change, there will still be tuning to the game, to all the classes.....so don't act like it;s the end of the world for someone to ask for something good for the class.

>

Sure but what would those adjustments be? This thread is in a vacuum at the moment.

If I wanted to say OP, I would have said so. I used 'overzealous' because it is my opinion that OP has suggested too many radical changes to fix the perceived problem. I am well aware that balance would be ongoing, and asking for changes isn't bad. I just don't agree with OPs changes.

I notice that no one has really delved into the changes point by point, so let me better explain myself.

> @"AEFA.9035" said:

> I will start off with **Marksmanship minors** as we all know and most of us agree these need MAJOR overhaul. **(Any benefits for your pet should work both in Beastmode to the player.)**

>

Agree on the Beastmode effects/effect doubling. I think it's a bug in most cases at the moment but still needs doing.

> **Minor Adept** (AMMO SYSTEM)

> **Opening Strike** Unblockable. You deal # damage to target and your pet deals 10% more damage giving Swiftness to nearby allies . Changing target resets your opening strike up to 3 times. CD 6 seconds.

>

This seems pretty overloaded. I know it's partially because you've changed the other minors to compensate but it looks like too much is going on here.

I like adding Unblockable to OS. I wonder if that's a bit too passive for GW2s balance team though. It would be fine on current OS as well. If we get more ways to refresh OS, then it might be OP.

I don't think adding extra flat damage to OS is the way to go. I'd do a % if you wanted extra. OS is a modifier to an attack.

Then you have a pet damage bonus (only for their OS?) swiftness on hit from pet (?) And hitting separate targets? Is the CD supposed to be per charge? If you focus 1 enemy do you get another OS in 6 sec?

I don't think the ammo system is the way to go here either, give OS's passive application.

I'd suggest pruning it to "You and your pet gain OS. OS is unblockable and deals +10% damage". Then put how OS refreshes here and modify OS with the other minors or have a minor refresh OS.

Side note: Does the pet's OS refresh with Remorseless?

> **Alpha Focus** Your Opening Strike deals 3% more damage to moving foes and your pet deals 2% more damage.

This trait is doing different things for you and your pet. Why? Because they can't hit moving targets?

More damage is merely ok. Nothing exciting.

Cripple _is_ rather meh right now but part of that is because of OS. I think we'd be ok with the cripple on OS if we could proc it more often. Get it on before and after a cleanse. Makes it easier for pets to hit.

> **Power Strike** While your Opening Strike are in CD, your attacks are unblockable for 6 seconds.

>

That a huge amount of unblockable. Gonna say it. Kinda OP.

I like the 100% crit on OS because you can work with it to burst. If we had better/more ways to manage OS, that should be enough. Especially if OS itself is unblockable.

> **Remorseless** Your attacks ignore 10% of your target's armor.

>

As mentioned, this is the same as +10% damage. Not too exciting compared to current remorseless and stepping on the toes of Predator's Onslaught. Also missing "and your pet"

> **Moment of Clarity** Your Opening Strike Dazes a foe for 1/2 second. Daze and stun duration are increased by 50%. **WHAT UP GW1 MAGEBANE RANGERS!!!!!!**

>

Would this trait affect itself and daze for 3/4 a sec then? As great as it might be for rangers, this one doesn't sounds fun to play _against_. We'd be proccing interrupts passively. Not great.

Also no Attack of Opportunity? ;_;

> **Brutish Seals** Activating a Signet grants Might to offensive signets and Resistance to defensive signets. Signets gain reduced recharge.

>

This is a decent idea, as no one will use signet of stone for might. I expect doubling on Resistance duration if in beastmode?

> Major problems that I see so far in this line:

>

> 1. Basic boon gain On weapon swaps

> 2. Flanking/from the side

>

> These need to go! This can be put into Sigils, and its a problem that a trait in Core Ranger like this exists.

>

I don't agree here. With Ranger's kit, Swiftness and Fury are great boons to get on weapon swap. Fury synergizes well with a lot of the traits you haven't touched and Swiftness makes it easier to flank. Not that you need much to flank as a ranger, what with sword 3, dagger 4, and your pet drawing aggro.

Hunter's Tactics as it is now should apply to your pet though.

> **Primal Reflexes** Dodging grants you vigor and reveal an area within a radius.

>

This feels a bit strong. Either dodge grants vigor (cooldown like 10s) or Evade grants vigor and reveals. Or "Dodging grants vigor (10s). Evading reveals (15s)." Reward skill over passively spamming reveal.

> **Strider's Defense** Reduces condition duration on you by 1 second whenever you dodge or evade an attack. Sword skills recharge faster.

>

This is ok, but it kinda feels like you are just tying this into your next suggestion.

> **Double Down** Boons does not affect you. Instead attack 33% faster.

>

:anguished:

I'm biased. Vicious Quarry is amazing everywhere and it would hurt to see it go.

But also, no boons for an increase in attack speed? I don't see it working by itself. We have SO many boon application methods. Not to mention team boons.

This is one of the few where I'd say you're not suggesting enough. If boons don't affect you, what happens when you would gain them?

If you absolutely had to do this, I'd suggest.

**Double Down** Boons do not affect you. Instead attack 33% faster. If you would gain a boon, lose a condition instead and heal for 135 (0.005).

There's your Spellbreaker killer. I guess.

So going through all of them, there are some interesting ideas. As a group though... I'm not a fan sorry. Trait theming gets broken and traits get bloated for +% damage. Yeah that's useful but it's not how _I_ think Ranger should be balanced. See my first post for TLDR.

> @"Chrury.4627" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > I don't care about ANY other game modes in this conversation. PVP is where it matters. Everywhere else, meh-- you can make it work. In PVP everything is melted down to its very best. Everything else, doesn't matter. You can make just about anything work in pve.

> >

> Since ANet doesn't functionality split skills between gamemodes, They, and thus we, have to take all three into account when thinking about changes. Not every skill and trait needs to be equallly useful is all gamemodes but with the population of PvE, you can't just dismiss it.

>

> > When changes are made, one class doesn't get one set of OVERPOWERED changes without there being some adjustments. But people, (you are in that crowd of people) get nervous and use words like overzealous. We all know you mean OP.

> >

> > You act like those changes would be set in stone. My point, even after the buff or change, there will still be tuning to the game, to all the classes.....so don't act like it;s the end of the world for someone to ask for something good for the class.

> >

>

> Sure but what would those adjustments be? This thread is in a vacuum at the moment.

> If I wanted to say OP, I would have said so. I used 'overzealous' because it is my opinion that OP has suggested too many radical changes to fix the perceived problem. I am well aware that balance would be ongoing, and asking for changes isn't bad. I just don't agree with OPs changes.

>

> I notice that no one has really delved into the changes point by point, so let me better explain myself.

>

> > @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > I will start off with **Marksmanship minors** as we all know and most of us agree these need MAJOR overhaul. **(Any benefits for your pet should work both in Beastmode to the player.)**

> >

> Agree on the Beastmode effects/effect doubling. I think it's a bug in most cases at the moment but still needs doing.

>

> > **Minor Adept** (AMMO SYSTEM)

> > **Opening Strike** Unblockable. You deal # damage to target and your pet deals 10% more damage giving Swiftness to nearby allies . Changing target resets your opening strike up to 3 times. CD 6 seconds.

> >

>

> This seems pretty overloaded. I know it's partially because you've changed the other minors to compensate but it looks like too much is going on here.

> I like adding Unblockable to OS. I wonder if that's a bit too passive for GW2s balance team though. It would be fine on current OS as well. If we get more ways to refresh OS, then it might be OP.

> I don't think adding extra flat damage to OS is the way to go. I'd do a % if you wanted extra. OS is a modifier to an attack.

> Then you have a pet damage bonus (only for their OS?) swiftness on hit from pet (?) And hitting separate targets? Is the CD supposed to be per charge? If you focus 1 enemy do you get another OS in 6 sec?

> I don't think the ammo system is the way to go here either, give OS's passive application.

> I'd suggest pruning it to "You and your pet gain OS. OS is unblockable and deals +10% damage". Then put how OS refreshes here and modify OS with the other minors or have a minor refresh OS.

>

> Side note: Does the pet's OS refresh with Remorseless?

>

> > **Alpha Focus** Your Opening Strike deals 3% more damage to moving foes and your pet deals 2% more damage.

> This trait is doing different things for you and your pet. Why? Because they can't hit moving targets?

> More damage is merely ok. Nothing exciting.

> Cripple _is_ rather meh right now but part of that is because of OS. I think we'd be ok with the cripple on OS if we could proc it more often. Get it on before and after a cleanse. Makes it easier for pets to hit.

>

> > **Power Strike** While your Opening Strike are in CD, your attacks are unblockable for 6 seconds.

> >

> That a huge amount of unblockable. Gonna say it. Kinda OP.

> I like the 100% crit on OS because you can work with it to burst. If we had better/more ways to manage OS, that should be enough. Especially if OS itself is unblockable.

>

> > **Remorseless** Your attacks ignore 10% of your target's armor.

> >

> As mentioned, this is the same as +10% damage. Not too exciting compared to current remorseless and stepping on the toes of Predator's Onslaught. Also missing "and your pet"

>

> > **Moment of Clarity** Your Opening Strike Dazes a foe for 1/2 second. Daze and stun duration are increased by 50%. **WHAT UP GW1 MAGEBANE RANGERS!!!!!!**

> >

> Would this trait affect itself and daze for 3/4 a sec then? As great as it might be for rangers, this one doesn't sounds fun to play _against_. We'd be proccing interrupts passively. Not great.

> Also no Attack of Opportunity? ;_;

>

> > **Brutish Seals** Activating a Signet grants Might to offensive signets and Resistance to defensive signets. Signets gain reduced recharge.

> >

> This is a decent idea, as no one will use signet of stone for might. I expect doubling on Resistance duration if in beastmode?

>

> > Major problems that I see so far in this line:

> >

> > 1. Basic boon gain On weapon swaps

> > 2. Flanking/from the side

> >

> > These need to go! This can be put into Sigils, and its a problem that a trait in Core Ranger like this exists.

> >

> I don't agree here. With Ranger's kit, Swiftness and Fury are great boons to get on weapon swap. Fury synergizes well with a lot of the traits you haven't touched and Swiftness makes it easier to flank. Not that you need much to flank as a ranger, what with sword 3, dagger 4, and your pet drawing aggro.

>

> Hunter's Tactics as it is now should apply to your pet though.

>

> > **Primal Reflexes** Dodging grants you vigor and reveal an area within a radius.

> >

> This feels a bit strong. Either dodge grants vigor (cooldown like 10s) or Evade grants vigor and reveals. Or "Dodging grants vigor (10s). Evading reveals (15s)." Reward skill over passively spamming reveal.

>

> > **Strider's Defense** Reduces condition duration on you by 1 second whenever you dodge or evade an attack. Sword skills recharge faster.

> >

> This is ok, but it kinda feels like you are just tying this into your next suggestion.

>

> > **Double Down** Boons does not affect you. Instead attack 33% faster.

> >

> :anguished:

> I'm biased. Vicious Quarry is amazing everywhere and it would hurt to see it go.

> But also, no boons for an increase in attack speed? I don't see it working by itself. We have SO many boon application methods. Not to mention team boons.

> This is one of the few where I'd say you're not suggesting enough. If boons don't affect you, what happens when you would gain them?

> If you absolutely had to do this, I'd suggest.

> **Double Down** Boons do not affect you. Instead attack 33% faster. If you would gain a boon, lose a condition instead and heal for 135 (0.005).

> There's your Spellbreaker killer. I guess.

>

> So going through all of them, there are some interesting ideas. As a group though... I'm not a fan sorry. Trait theming gets broken and traits get bloated for +% damage. Yeah that's useful but it's not how _I_ think Ranger should be balanced. See my first post for TLDR.

Sorry some of them are just pure damage suggestions cause I'm a bit biased on power rangers viability currently. My main point is that it just doesn't make sense currently that minors currently has no reapplication besides grandmaster remorseless which is just poor if you need to trait for minor to reapply itself.

Look at skirmishing it can reapply. Either ANET needs to tone down other classes or we need a boost

Fixing marksmanship faster than op:

- replace _alpha focus_ by _precise strike_

- put _remorseless_ without the 25% damage increase as minor grandmaster

- create a new trait that you could name _alpha focus_ ( ;) ) that give you some ferocity while under the effect of fury and give you fury on critical strike with a 10s ICD.

Easy, right?

I would also like to do a review on **Soulbeast** current state which hopefully ANet considers starting off with Adept traits.

**ADEPT**

~~Fresh Reinforcement Entering beastmode grants you the boons affecting your pet.~~

_Making the first line of Soulbeast a support line that can coordinate with other traits._

**Fresh Reinforcements** Entering beastmode grants you boons per your Pet's archetype. (e.g. Stout gives you 2s of protection ; Deadly gives you 8s of fury; Versatile gives you 8s of regeneration; Ferocious gives you 8s of might; Supportive gives you 2s of resistance)

~~ Live Fast Using a Beast ability grants you offensive boons.~~

_This trait will be a group base trait._

**Live Fast** Entering beastmode grants you the boons affecting your pet. Using a Beast ability grants you offensive boons in 360 radius. (Fury & quickness).

**There wont be any change to unstoppable union because I believe it is already great as it is, making the 3rd slot an offensive trait is perfect**

**MASTER**

~~Predator's Cunning When you apply poison to a foe, steal some health from them.~~

_Currently only benefits condition build, this is a third slot on master I will be changing it to an offensive trait like:_

**Predator's Cunning When you apply poison or vulnerability to a foe, steal some health from them** This can be a bit OP cause it is unblockable AND since we have Hunter's Call will make it proc 16 times (additional damage 2720) and Rapid Fire will make it proc 10 times (additional damage 1700). LOL

**There won't be any changes to the other two Master traits because I think that they are very good.**

**GRANDMASTER**

_Ultimately this is really hard to look into because GM traits is supposed to change your gaming_

~~Eternal Bond 90 While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover health.~~

_This is a really good trait honestly but it needs a reduced CD and the healing should be percentage base instead of an amount. also need increased duration in protection to give us a bit of time._

**Eternal Bond While in beastmode, if you would be downed you instead fall out of beastmode and recover 35% health. Give 4s of protection to you and allies.**

~~Leader of the Pack Stance skills gain increased duration on you and grant their effects to nearby allies for a reduced duration.~~

_I always thought this trait also give your stance boons to allies_

**Leader of the Pack Stance skills gain increased duration on you and grant their effects and boons to nearby allies for a reduced duration.**

_I think oppressive superiority is in the right spot_

~~ Twice as Vicious Disabling a foe increases your damage and condition damage for a short duration.~~

_Not sure if this works with debilitating condition like cripple, chill, immob, slow etc. I haven't been paying attention to this trait, but I think that it should if it hasnt been._

**Note: I really want to have a look into Dagger cause Im so disappointed that its not the weapon that it should've been (well for me anyway) I wanted dagger to be in our top weapon of choice but its just so boring. **

**DAGGER**

~~ Double Arc ¾ 7 Rip your blade through your foe twice, inflicting heavy bleeding. Your pet's next two strikes inflict poison.~~ Damage (2x): 782 (1.0)?

_way too slow skill 2 should be the finisher skill_

**Double Arc Keep condition change damage (2x) 950 (1.7)**

~~ Instinctive Engage ¾ Leap forward and slash at your foe. Gain quickness if you successfully strike.~~

_this is where utility should come in and change the leap to DASH, leap is so slowwww_

**Instinctive Engage 1/2 Dash forward (distance 300)and slash at your foe. Inflict daze OR taunt.**