PLEASE lower the cool down of spectral grasp (and the life-force gained, respectively)

Blue Jinjo.2603

[spectral Grasp](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectral_Grasp "Spectral Grasp") would be such a good skill for specific parts of dungeons\fractals (on par with guardian's great sword pull or mesmer's focus vacuum) if the cool down wasn't so egregiously high. I suggest rebalancing it to a 25 second cool down (down from 50 seconds) and changing the life-force gained to somewhere around 2 to 5% per target pulled (down from 15% per target). I don't see how this would be imbalanced in PvP or WvW considering that this skill is not used in said game modes due to it being completely unreliable against moving\dodging targets. Thus it would be a suitable niche pick for specific parts of PvE, without disrupting other game modes.

As unreliable as it is, it is one of the few 'gap closers' that we have against range foes and I still find it useful in WvW roaming because it is so seldom used and almost no one looks out for it.

Having said that, I still like your suggestion but would like at least 5% and when traited 10% as the skill doesn't grant LF on activation, but instead, only grants lifeforce on hitting the target which is not a given even if the opponent doesn't evade it in WvW seeing how as you've mentioned, unreliable it is against moving targets and 'non existent obstacles'.

Like in the roaming video listed in my signature at the 1 min 7 seconds mark, I dropped a spectral wall, activated spectral grasp to pull the thief into the wall, but it was obstructed when there was pretty much nothing between me and the thief and he was like only around 800 range away from me.

If they are going to touch this one I would also like them to fix it properly so that a small bump on the road doesn't cause it to fail.

But their is a couple of spectral skills that could do with them taking a look at their cooldowns along with the trait that no-one wants to take as it competes with vital persistence.

> @"Rhyse.8179" said:

> So, basically how it was before they overhauled it?

>

> Yeah, the change sucked. I miss the old one, I actually had uses for it.

I actually life what the skill does now in that it pulls 5 targets towards you. The cool down is the only outrages part. Well, that and the path issues it sometimes has.

• 3 weeks later...