I can't quit you.

This thread made me curious so I checked. Just on my main account, I have 7,672 hours or approximately 319 days actually logged in and playing. That's spread over 5.35 years... **So GW2, ( and GW1, ) have been a large portion of my life.** I played almost exclusively on my alt for nearly a year. That makes the time even greater.

Tyria is magical and I don't regret my time here. PvP is eroding my enjoyment, to the point I am often tempted to walk away

Still thanks for a great time ANET, despite my cursing you from time-to-time. Mesmer forever!

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Swoll.1483" said:

> > Game is great, I'll continue to play for free, but they won't see anymore of my money. :)

>

> "game's great" "they wint see anymore money from me"

[Later the year:]

"I wantz stuff for freez nao bcuz ppl who buy expanzions do have deez nice dings maan".

Look at all those threads when freebie players complain about their free ride..

Back to topic:

I am not getting too attached to any video game, it keeps every game healthy and long-lived instead of burning me out. GW2 is one of the coolest and well-made games out there, mostly the voice acting and the profession (yes, singular, it's just Deadeye for me) is it. Everything else just supports the main aspects while I like (even love?) GuildWars2. In FF14, there were many things I liked and disliked, but the ones that I disliked grew bigger and bigger like individual splashes of ink that eventually connect and create a big "Nope". GW2 only lacks a real hardware support - not like me going 40fps on 1080p with a Octacore (2 cores idling!!) and a GTX1080.

I am on and off in GW2, not sure how many hours, but I just checked my death counter: 89 in 16 months.

Excelsior.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"jediwolf.8724" said:

> On my account 11649 hours Guild Wars 1 9812 hours Guild Wars 2. They always find away to pull me back in.

> Think I have enough hours in to get into the next closed beta?

That is amazing! I get the feeling you rather like being a resident of Tyria. Hope to see you in the game sometime!

Now I feel kind of bad because I haven't actually come back yet.

I actually logged in for about fifteen minutes but I'm so used to my keybindings in ESO, and using a reticle that I lost my muscle memory.

Is there a way to set up a swap button like ESO had for its back bar except to swap 1 through 5 to keys 6 through 0?

How do you switch to action camera?

Another issue I have is there isn't a dedicated block ability, this game's classes have their blocks all in different spots depending on the classes.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"jediwolf.8724" said:

> > On my account 11649 hours Guild Wars 1 9812 hours Guild Wars 2. They always find away to pull me back in.

> > Think I have enough hours in to get into the next closed beta?

>

> That is amazing! I get the feeling you rather like being a resident of Tyria. Hope to see you in the game sometime!

That's the nicest thing some one from your department has said to me in years.

> @"Zedek.8932" said:

> GW2 only lacks a real hardware support - not like me going 40fps on 1080p with a Octacore (2 cores idling!!) and a GTX1080.

[petpeeve]

This isn't GW2 lacking hardware support. This is you using hardware that wasn't well chosen for what you are using it for.

Multithreading implementation did not start appearing in gaming until 2015, anything released prior to that is going to be limited by your CPUs single core performance, and CPUs that have lots of cores like your 8 core generally have poor single core performance compared to lower core count CPUs. Also I hope you are using a 4k monitor with that GTX1080, because any lower resolution and that GPU is going to waste. I recently built myself a rig using a last-gen 4core CPU and a GTX1060 and get 90 FPS in GW2 with max settings, and probably paid way less than you did for your 8 core cpu and gtx1080.

Expecting any game company to overhaul their engine post-release is a unrealistic and vain hope, so you would be better served by being pragmatic with your hardware choices.

[/petpeeve]