WVW and SOS needs YOU!

hammo.5348

Great job Hammo for opening this thread. As long very long time member of SoS I just want to say that our server being in T1 has been the best thing that has happened IMO to our server in a long time. It has given us a goal (at least for the die hard members who have stayed and not run off to other servers) and has started to make SoS server "gel".

I will also say that BG has been nothing but class and has made us much better players. I've enjoyed the fights and do very much look forward to beating them regardless how long it takes. Isn't this what WvW is about?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sakco.2538" said:

> Great job Hammo for opening this thread. As long very long time member of SoS I just want to say that our server being in T1 has been the best thing that has happened IMO to our server in a long time. It has given us a goal (at least for the die hard members who have stayed and not run off to other servers) and has started to make SoS server "gel".

>

> I will also say that BG has been nothing but class and has made us much better players. I've enjoyed the fights and do very much look forward to beating them regardless how long it takes. Isn't this what WvW is about?

It's been interesting to see SoS grow tbh. And very refreshing to fight a server which will actually play, it's a night and day difference compared to watching mag pubs play the hokey pokey in front of SMC gates for three hours. Excited to see if SoS can actually beat BG, and what challenges that will bring us as a server and as players.

In short I suppose, thank you SoS. And if you manage to beat BG, an early congratulations, and an early thank you, for that as well.

I now pronounce you Husband and Wife, you may kiss the bride, let you all figure out who's who there.

BG and SoS the new power couple of WvW! BGoS? SoB? BSoSG?

Hey you know, if they ever split up it should be a smooth divorce, cause we all know they know how to split things up nicely, just like a redbl!

Maguuma came, saw and conquered. Seen BG bullying the TC alliance on my alt and thought maguuma was in For a challenge. Went to T1 for the first time in years maguuma went to T1 cracked them in the jaw for reset and they were off to eotm after a few days. Their best strategy's were boring us to death and tagging up off hours. It's an overrated server. Most of us have moved on from ez pz BG and anytime we go t1 we'll give them the BG treatment aka take the week off. Visual and cookie can keep blobbing singles down but we all know when shit got rough they were off to eotm. I urge servers to give them the BG treatment and "deny them bags" that was their best strats against maguuma.

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> Maguuma came, saw and conquered. Seen BG bullying the TC alliance on my alt and thought maguuma was in For a challenge. Went to T1 for the first time in years maguuma went to T1 cracked them in the jaw for reset and they were off to eotm after a few days. Their best strategy's were boring us to death and tagging up off hours. It's an overrated server. Most of us have moved on from ez pz BG and anytime we go t1 we'll give them the BG treatment aka take the week off. Visual and cookie can keep blobbing singles down but we all know when kitten got rough they were off to eotm. I urge servers to give them the BG treatment and "deny them bags" that was their best strats against maguuma.

"It's not like we can't beat BG. If we tried, We'd be good enough to trash BG so hard they'd start calling us daddy. But we just wanted to give BG a taste of their own medicine by not playing"

> @"Sakco.2538" said:

> Great job Hammo for opening this thread. As long very long time member of SoS I just want to say that our server being in T1 has been the best thing that has happened IMO to our server in a long time. It has given us a goal (at least for the die hard members who have stayed and not run off to other servers) and has started to make SoS server "gel".

>

> I will also say that BG has been nothing but class and has made us much better players. I've enjoyed the fights and do very much look forward to beating them regardless how long it takes. Isn't this what WvW is about?

Agreed. BG has been the best kind of enemy, the kind that is a mentor for better play. People say they are helping us because they want fights, as though that is a bad thing - we all want fights! If the good players all moved to Blackgate, as is commonly stated, then I want to learn from them. Their coordinated militia, their high level of play, their ability to exercise diplomacy while managing their score to hold a win; in every way, they are teaching any rival who cares to pay attention how to win.

This level of play is not beyond any of us. If people reading this want to come to SoS or not, if they want to make a push for T1 or not, whatever they want to do is fine; it's a game and we are all here to have fun. But we should all be taking advantage of the expertise Blackgate shows on the battlefield. They are teaching us for free. Well... :} for bags.

> @"diamondgirl.6315" said:

> > @"Sakco.2538" said:

> > Great job Hammo for opening this thread. As long very long time member of SoS I just want to say that our server being in T1 has been the best thing that has happened IMO to our server in a long time. It has given us a goal (at least for the die hard members who have stayed and not run off to other servers) and has started to make SoS server "gel".

> >

> > I will also say that BG has been nothing but class and has made us much better players. I've enjoyed the fights and do very much look forward to beating them regardless how long it takes. Isn't this what WvW is about?

>

> Agreed. BG has been the best kind of enemy, the kind that is a mentor for better play. People say they are helping us because they want fights, as though that is a bad thing - we all want fights! If the good players all moved to Blackgate, as is commonly stated, then I want to learn from them. Their coordinated militia, their high level of play, their ability to exercise diplomacy while managing their score to hold a win; in every way, they are teaching any rival who cares to pay attention how to win.

>

> This level of play is not beyond any of us. If people reading this want to come to SoS or not, if they want to make a push for T1 or not, whatever they want to do is fine; it's a game and we are all here to have fun. But we should all be taking advantage of the expertise Blackgate shows on the battlefield. They are teaching us for free. Well... :} for bags.

we need more players like you. =)

> @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > 100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

>

> still waiting for a guild name(s)

It's true. I have a standing offer of 100k gold for TORK to transfer to Mag, which I have given to California Hotplate (President of Maguuma War Council) to hold until said transfer. Daddy Zog, if you are reading this, please stop ignoring my PMs and come to Mag where you belong.

> @"Thustlewhumber.7416" said:

> > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > 100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

> >

> > still waiting for a guild name(s)

>

> It's true. I have a standing offer of 100k gold for TORK to transfer to Mag, which I have given to California Hotplate (President of Maguuma War Council) to hold until said transfer. Daddy Zog, if you are reading this, please stop ignoring my PMs and come to Mag where you belong.

Hmmm getting kinda desperate then ,fine if you think they are worth that but.... will not be gold well spent trust me.

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > 100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

> >

> > still waiting for a guild name(s)

>

> This guy plays a god kitten ranger on XvX why do you even take him seriously, he is also like 50 years old

Nothing wrong with age we all gotta play ,even with arthritis , ranger makes it easier :)

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > @"Thustlewhumber.7416" said:

> > > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > 100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

> > >

> > > still waiting for a guild name(s)

> >

> > It's true. I have a standing offer of 100k gold for TORK to transfer to Mag, which I have given to California Hotplate (President of Maguuma War Council) to hold until said transfer. Daddy Zog, if you are reading this, please stop ignoring my PMs and come to Mag where you belong.

>

> Hmmm getting kinda desperate then ,fine if you think they are worth that but.... will not be gold well spent trust me.

sar·casm

ˈsärˌkazəm

noun

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> > @"Thustlewhumber.7416" said:

> > > @"MadBomber.3719" said:

> > > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > 100k gold for OCX guilds, guess you didn't hear about that one eh.

> > >

> > > still waiting for a guild name(s)

> >

> > It's true. I have a standing offer of 100k gold for TORK to transfer to Mag, which I have given to California Hotplate (President of Maguuma War Council) to hold until said transfer. Daddy Zog, if you are reading this, please stop ignoring my PMs and come to Mag where you belong.

>

> Hmmm getting kinda desperate then ,fine if you think they are worth that but.... will not be gold well spent trust me.

_Woosh_

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> i had guildmates nearing 70 before. agw is not a factor. =)

For people who come on the forums to argue, it is. You'll note how he's accused Mag of buying guilds but bailed out the instant someone asked _what guilds_. P sure he also got kicked from XvX, found no one else would take him, then had to beg to go back to XvX. But I digress.

While I never liked T1 (and hence left SoS), I think SoS's growth _has_ been noticeable. When SoS went T1 2-3 months ago, they barely squeezed out a KDR higher than 0.55. That number's gone up to 0.8 by now, depending on who the third server is, but it does display a form of improvement. Roaming against SoS players the last week was less fun than normal, since SoS has adapted to BG tactics fairly well, but at least SoS still has guilds like Rx, TBT and BMO who play like it's 2018, not 2014.

SoS pushing past BG is a bigger deal than Mag breaking BG. BG prides themselves on playing WvW the way ANet intended them to, and while Mag just said 'screw that' and broke BG through sheer out-fighting, SoS's playstyle is pretty similar to BG's at this point, which means as BG is losing they're losing _at their own game._

The only question is how long SoS is willing to hold first place in T1.

> @"Namer.9750" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > i had guildmates nearing 70 before. agw is not a factor. =)

>

> For people who come on the forums to argue, it is. You'll note how he's accused Mag of buying guilds but bailed out the instant someone asked _what guilds_. P sure he also got kicked from XvX, found no one else would take him, then had to beg to go back to XvX. But I digress.

>

I never got kicked from this or any guild, but love the salt from you Mag folks, please keep it up. I'll make sure to share it with my guild and the rest of BG. Also, I wasn't the one who brought up age, please read more closely next time!

Never knew I had a fanclub on Mag, but apparently you guys cant get enough of me /blush