Placement Match bug

Winter.1475

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Winter.1475" said:

> My friend & I have done only 3 placement matches each & are now encountering the "Error: You cannot perform this action because you or someone in your party has a rating that is higher than allowed for your party size." message.

One of you is over 1600 rating. Even though rating is hidden during placement matches it's still there in the background.

> @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> > @"Winter.1475" said:

> > My friend & I have done only 3 placement matches each & are now encountering the "Error: You cannot perform this action because you or someone in your party has a rating that is higher than allowed for your party size." message.

>

> One of you is over 1600 rating. Even though rating is hidden during placement matches it's still there in the background.

Okay, thanks CMC. Any way it could be made clearer that this is not a bug?

> @"Winter.1475" said:

> > @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> > > @"Winter.1475" said:

> > > My friend & I have done only 3 placement matches each & are now encountering the "Error: You cannot perform this action because you or someone in your party has a rating that is higher than allowed for your party size." message.

> >

> > One of you is over 1600 rating. Even though rating is hidden during placement matches it's still there in the background.

>

> Okay, thanks CMC. Any way it could be made clearer that this is not a bug?

It was put out last season, and it tells you when you go to Queue that you can’t Queue in that message..

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Winter.1475" said:

> > > @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> > > > @"Winter.1475" said:

> > > > My friend & I have done only 3 placement matches each & are now encountering the "Error: You cannot perform this action because you or someone in your party has a rating that is higher than allowed for your party size." message.

> > >

> > > One of you is over 1600 rating. Even though rating is hidden during placement matches it's still there in the background.

> >

> > Okay, thanks CMC. Any way it could be made clearer that this is not a bug?

>

> It was put out last season, and it tells you when you go to Queue that you can’t Queue in that message..

I'm aware, I meant the fact that it limits queueing together even when you are doing placement matches.

> @"Winter.1475" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Winter.1475" said:

> > > > @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> > > > > @"Winter.1475" said:

> > > > > My friend & I have done only 3 placement matches each & are now encountering the "Error: You cannot perform this action because you or someone in your party has a rating that is higher than allowed for your party size." message.

> > > >

> > > > One of you is over 1600 rating. Even though rating is hidden during placement matches it's still there in the background.

> > >

> > > Okay, thanks CMC. Any way it could be made clearer that this is not a bug?

> >

> > It was put out last season, and it tells you when you go to Queue that you can’t Queue in that message..

>

> I'm aware, I meant the fact that it limits queueing together even when you are doing placement matches.

Well even if you are placing you have a rating so why wouldn’t the rules apply? The reason they don’t show the rating is so people don’t get scared by the high volatility of the rating swinging when they win/lose. Nothing has been stated that you would be allowed to group together if you are in placements still