Something I randomly thought of with the 2000 gem mount skins/set of buyers most don't think on...

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > china has everything for a small price, about 800 gems for 3 euro.

>

> So those mount skins are even cheaper there than here?

all of it is cheaper there, if i could i would much rather pay gems trough there so i can buy about 10.000 gems for a fraction of the price.

But is it actually cheaper?

If you just look at the numbers gems are cheaper in the UK than in the USA: 800 gems cost $10 but only £8.50. But at the current conversion rate £8.50 is $11.80 - so in real terms it's actually more expensive. (Although the US price is pre-tax, and UK is with tax included, so it might depend on which state you're in and how much tax they charge.)

You could also factor in how much most people can afford, but that quickly becomes very complicated and subject to interpretation. Especially if you want to argue that cosmetic purchases in an online game are a luxury and therefore exclude some portion of the population on the basis that they'd never even consider buying it.

All of that aside from what I've heard about the Chinese client I'd much, much rather stick to our version of the game. It sounds like it's not only a much more dumbed down version of the game but also more openly pay to win - VIP system with special discounts and exclusives for people who pay into it, legendaries in the gem store, etc.

> I already know the US/EUR servers are not linked to them, but I would assume at least in the SEA servers, they're selling pretty well?

> I don't know much about their server but they have a weird kind of money/gem store thing set up that I think the mount skins themselves would sell like hotcakes there.

I’m sort of confused as to your point.

>I think the mount skins themselves would sell like hotcakes there.

Ok. And if they do (or don’t) what are you trying to say? What sort of discussion are you trying to start?

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > I already know the US/EUR servers are not linked to them, but I would assume at least in the SEA servers, they're selling pretty well?

> > I don't know much about their server but they have a weird kind of money/gem store thing set up that I think the mount skins themselves would sell like hotcakes there.

>

> I’m sort of confused as to your point.

>

> >I think the mount skins themselves would sell like hotcakes there.

>

> Ok. And if they do (or don’t) what are you trying to say? What sort of discussion are you trying to start?

>

>

More on maybe the skins are not selling as much on the US/EUR (but still making money or Arenanet wouldn't keep them at that price) while probably it's really popular and selling a ton on the Chinese server that we can't see so either way they're making a lot of money/sales off of them. Just not on the servers we're seeing.

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > I already know the US/EUR servers are not linked to them, but I would assume at least in the SEA servers, they're selling pretty well?

> > > I don't know much about their server but they have a weird kind of money/gem store thing set up that I think the mount skins themselves would sell like hotcakes there.

> >

> > I’m sort of confused as to your point.

> >

> > >I think the mount skins themselves would sell like hotcakes there.

> >

> > Ok. And if they do (or don’t) what are you trying to say? What sort of discussion are you trying to start?

> >

> >

>

> More on maybe the skins are not selling as much on the US/EUR (but still making money or Arenanet wouldn't keep them at that price) while probably it's really popular and selling a ton on the Chinese server that we can't see so either way they're making a lot of money/sales off of them. Just not on the servers we're seeing.

If I remember correctly ANet doesn’t run that version of the game because of Chinese law. Another (Chinese) company runs it and pays ANet some sum to do so, so even if mounts are selling like hot cakes over there it doesn’t necessarily mean ANet sees that money.

> @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > @"sorudo.9054" said:

> > > china has everything for a small price, about 800 gems for 3 euro.

> >

> > So those mount skins are even cheaper there than here?

>

> all of it is cheaper there, if i could i would much rather pay gems trough there so i can buy about 10.000 gems for a fraction of the price.

That's right consumers the loss of revenue over there is transferred to us the rich Americans and Canadians, at $20 US $25 Canadian.

NC Soft wants to see how bad we are at math and how far they can push us. So far we have 3 of those rip-offs and I never see them which means we are getting the

message apparently NC Soft is not because they are totally clueless.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > I already know the US/EUR servers are not linked to them, but I would assume at least in the SEA servers, they're selling pretty well?

> > > > I don't know much about their server but they have a weird kind of money/gem store thing set up that I think the mount skins themselves would sell like hotcakes there.

> > >

> > > I’m sort of confused as to your point.

> > >

> > > >I think the mount skins themselves would sell like hotcakes there.

> > >

> > > Ok. And if they do (or don’t) what are you trying to say? What sort of discussion are you trying to start?

> > >

> > >

> >

> > More on maybe the skins are not selling as much on the US/EUR (but still making money or Arenanet wouldn't keep them at that price) while probably it's really popular and selling a ton on the Chinese server that we can't see so either way they're making a lot of money/sales off of them. Just not on the servers we're seeing.

> If I remember correctly ANet doesn’t run that version of the game because of Chinese law. Another (Chinese) company runs it and pays ANet some sum to do so, so even if mounts are selling like hot cakes over there it doesn’t necessarily mean ANet sees that money.

Edit: It’s a company named KongZhong, and they are the ones who run it in China. How much money ANet gets from increased gemstore profits from that version of the game is unknown.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-launches-in-china/