Idea for the ammunition system

BobbyT.7192

So a new skill type that came out was the ammunition systems, which allowed some skills to be used repeatedly before going on a CD. As well as charges recharge between uses.

This doesn’t matter to thieves weapon skills much because we have initiative and other than kneel(an ammunition skill) on our rifle, we don’t have CDs.

But what if we had that mechanic not for a whole skill but part of an effect of a skill.

Kinda like how a trait has a ICD for one effect, but another effect remains active.

The idea would be to apply this mechanic to some of the thieves weapon skills, only effecting a part of a skill.

Since thief skills has been balanced in such a way to account for it spammy nature. This could be used to buff certain skills yet controlling the spamminess of the thief in a way.

For example

Death Blossom: Buff the evade from 1/2 sec to 3/4 or 1sec for 2-3 charges.

Going back down to 1/2 sec evade once the charges are used up. 10-15 sec CD per charge.

Once you use all the charges, you’ll still be able to use the skill, but you won’t have a longer evade.

That’s the basic idea, it could be applied to almost anything like.

- Unblockable C&D.

- Stronger daze on head shot.

- Bring back the stun break or instant cast on sword 2

Or maybe apply it to some traits... like the condition removal of Unhindered Combatant, which would be a better exhaustion mechanic than the current one.

Any thoughts?

This is basically my idea that I have posted earlier in my Thread about Fundamental Gameplay Changs I'd do with the Thief, but I tried to focus myself only onto Shadow Steps. However, I haven't fully thought it out in regard of the moment, where the Ammo switches over to Initiative. Still have to overwork that concept to make it fit better in that case.

Anyways - Ammo is basically nothign else but practicalyl the concept of Initiative, but just only with a limitation of usage. But this limitation of usage is it, which basically would help in balancing Thief Skills. it could be used to make in a limited way certain Thief Skilsl significantly more useful, stronger or in general helpful in combat, while promoting with the Ammo System a very limitated quick usage of Skills for either Bursts, or situational reactions that require quick reflexisve responses in a short duration of time, while not punishing the spammy gameplay of going over that limit via Initiative, for the cost of diminishing returns in regard of the efficiency of the used skill, if you use the skill over it limits, making it weaker over tiem, so more you.

I see the ammo System basically as an Upgrade of the Initiative System for Thieves, especialyl for all ranged Weapons, so Pistols, Rifle, Shortbow - it just makes sense that these Weapons use Ammo.. even if we have it out of quality of life reasons in unlimited amounts, it should be kind of integrated at least in the skill mechanics somehow.

My example how how for example the SHortbow could get reworked under this mechanic:

1) Trick Shot/Surprise Shot: Stays normal, AAs would be only exception of having not Ammo attached to it as like also Stealth Skills.

2) Cluster Bomb: 3 Ammo: Changes into Arrow Shower iff Cluster Bomb Ammo has been used up, which costs from that moment on then Initiative.

Cluster Bomb has now increased Damage +20% and Detonation causes now Burning instead of Bleedings for the limited usage of 3 times.

Arrow Shower is then basicalyl how Cluster Bomb works now, but just with lesser visual clutter from explosions, and deals Bleedings.

3) Disabling Shot: 3 Ammo: Skill renamed to Evasive Arrows. Within the 3 limitated Shots the now buffed version for the cost ofd the limitation of 3 uses has now an Evasion Time Frame of 1 full second, it removes now 1 Condition and stun breaks and deals 20% more damage. If the 3 uses have been made, does Evasive Arrows become Confusing Shot, which costs from that moment on Initiative and is a weaker version of vasive Arrows. Both versions would confuse now for a few seconds, therefore that the weaker version doesn't let you evade attacks anymore, but just only leap back

4) Choking Gas: 3 Ammo: The Skill has now within its 3 Ammo Shots a more potent poison with more Stacks per pulse and more condi damage per poison stack, so that within the 3 ammo shots it deals quicker daze. After the 3 Ammo Shots becomes Choking Gas then Paralizing Arrows, which is basically then a weakened version of Choking Gas, that costs Initiative then

5) Infiltrator's Arrows: 3 Ammo: Improved Version with increased range to 1200 and integrated stealth at the end of the shadow step. The weaker version that uses then initiative is the current form of IA thats called then Assault Shot with its reduced range and just its blindness on impact instead of stealth The skill icon in this case will blink a few seconds before the recharge of the Ammo is ready, so that players will recognize here, when they are about to have for 3 shots again logner range and stealth instead of shorter range and blindness.