How to say "thank you" in the good way ?

There is a game (focused on movement of goods from town to town through guild controlled territories), that gives you an envelope every 10 levels. It is character bound, but you can't open it - you have to mail it, to someone who has made an impact on your journey. I would love to see something like that implemented in GW2. Maybe a new limited currency that players can give to those who help them, be it a simple port or helping you progress in a major way. Call it "Appreciation Points" that turn into "Appreciation Tokens" when sent to someone who helped you. Those Tokens could then be exchanged for rewards.

Exactly what the rewards could be would be up to the devs, but a system like this would encourage people to "farm" the currency by helping others. The rewards shouldn't take helping people out of the realm of just doing good deeds just because, but could maybe be used on items that further promote helping others. Things liked granting them temporary use of mounts/gliding, teleporting them from greater distances, stat buffs to those in your party that are a lower level and so on. Maybe even an increase in map rewards for you and your mentee. Might as well call it the Mentor system 2.0 or something.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

-Kodiak

> @"Kodiak.4213" said:

> There is a game (focused on movement of goods from town to town through guild controlled territories), that gives you an envelope every 10 levels. It is character bound, but you can't open it - you have to mail it, to someone who has made an impact on your journey. I would love to see something like that implemented in GW2. Maybe a new limited currency that players can give to those who help them, be it a simple port or helping you progress in a major way. Call it "Appreciation Points" that turn into "Appreciation Tokens" when sent to someone who helped you. Those Tokens could then be exchanged for rewards.

>

> Exactly what the rewards could be would be up to the devs, but a system like this would encourage people to "farm" the currency by helping others. The rewards shouldn't take helping people out of the realm of just doing good deeds just because, but could maybe be used on items that further promote helping others. Things liked granting them temporary use of mounts/gliding, teleporting them from greater distances, stat buffs to those in your party that are a lower level and so on. Maybe even an increase in map rewards for you and your mentee. Might as well call it the Mentor system 2.0 or something.

>

> Anyway, it's just a thought.

> -Kodiak

that is an awesome idea. awesome.

@"Kalli.4506" You made my day ! o/ Thank you. :D

@"Kodiak.4213" It really is an awesome idea ! <3 But because of this, i could be able to stop my way through the story only for helping people. ^^

I won't never know why Caithe stole this egg (she stole it yesterday if you want to know) or why Balthy' is mad. :D

When I used to command SW runs ppl would send me gold for keeping the runs going for as long as I did.

I always kinda thought that was weird, I was doing the same thing as them, having the same fun as them. The only difference being the tag above my head.

But I never turned down a display of gratitude, and always made sure to mail them back saying 'thanks for joining the runs and for the fun times' in return.

And yes, our community is absolutely amazing and I love how it keeps growing and keeps on being so loving and helpful.

I am a Weaver main. So many Mesmers have helped me over the years that I finally made one myself solely to help people along the way. I have him parked at a difficult point in the game so I can quickly jump on him when needed. I don't want a "reward" for doing it. I don't really even need a thank you, either, but when someone says "Thank you" or "Cheers" I feel appreciated. I return all the "tips" that people send me, but I usually will accompany it with a note saying something like "Thank you, but please use it to help a new player out" or something of that nature so that the person I am returning it to understands that I am not trying to be rude.

So, in case I forgot, Thank you to all of you mesmers who helped me out since launch!

One of my guild mates once told us "I met someone doing a guild mission that sent me a mail with some food. That was so nice of him!". Maybe it was you :) Be assured that this is more than enough to thank someone. Especially for such a minor help.

I usually send gold when someone helps me with some tough achievement, even if I'm poor (especially if they never ask to be paid beforehand). And usually they reply to me. When a mesmer helped me in the Not So Secret JP instead, I wrote a passionate praise to that angel mesmer in the map chat (and then other people asked "why she's an angel, what did she do? Oh, there are still kind people around, good.." and so on).

I don't have a cliché, it depends on the moment. I particularly like the players that help without never asking anything in exchange, or that jump down to you to put a portal even if you didn't ask for it.

@"Urud.4925" Maybe it was, right. ^^"

I began these mails with the Shadow Behemoth. I was so mad against the achievement and spent so much time to try it, that when i finally got it (do you remember the "twelve portals" thing ?) i had to find a way to thank all these players who helped !

The solution was just in front of me. I got screenshots, so i listed the nicknames and ... end of the story. Some money (very few) and some presents like food or wintersday gifts.

I never stopped this since i'm back in the game, around october. Everytime i believe it's fair. :)

The only very big frustration is when the game send you this message back : "You are mailing too much. Please don't spam other players" or something like that. :D

Hey Anet, i'm not spamming anyone, these are gifts and hugs ! ^^

Edit: Thread printed in .pdf. It's like having an autograph from Gaile Gray for me ! <3

Wow, nice story. I had to try that achievement for a bit (it was the last one on my Bosses tab, unexpectedly). Then it happened that the map was among the dailies and I asked all the present to stand in circle (like in a kindergarden, holding our hands). It was very funny, with the comments of everyone that didn't know about the achievement. I never would have thought about a screenshot to save their names and send cookies :)

Very well done MornJack! It's nice to have such good people around.

EDIT: I also find the limitation to the mails very strict. It's a pity to delete some good mail that I received from other players.