Account Bound Crafting

Reece.7341

I have three characters that have the 6 500 crafts between them. I don't use these characters for much else anymore, but I have 50 characters, so I don't use most of them much anymore. Most of my characters have 400 Cooking and a lot with Jewelcrafting from when craft leveling was the best way. With the Royal Terrace pass I bought when it came out and the Captain's Airship Pass I got from some kind of box or something recently, the character swap has been a minor inconvenience. Even my alt account with just a Rata Sum portal isn't all that inconvenient. Really the inconvenience to craft is so minor that it doesn't make a lot of sense to have it character based aside from encouraging people to park an alt and selling more character slots or sell the passes to people that have a lot more money than time.

• 8 months later...

I been HOPING for account-bound crafting for months. It'd be much handier. Plus, why not? Recipes are account-wide, gold is account-wide, etc. Buying extra slots to up the crafting per toon, to me, is just a waste of gems when you can put it enough toons...but then you change your main and got to hop around. Yeah, it is simple to do, but still a pain in my opinion.

Well, I'd like it if the ascended items we craft are account bound on equip, not on create. That way there would be a market for crafted ascended gear, which may increase demand. Especially if other sources of ascended weapons and armor get adjusted to make crafting more competitive than random drops or vendors. The vendor should be a seller of last resort, not the cheapest way to get ascended equipment.

As for accessories, I've long given up any hopes that we'll see jeweller 500, so the rings, amulets and accessories are fine.