A huge Thank You to Anet

So, I just watched an episode of Game Grumps where they talked about thanking something that has changed their lives and, well, I'm gonna do just that now.

Thank you Anet <3

Guild Wars has changed my life a whole damn lot for the better ever since I started this at age 14, and I'm 25 now. I don't think I would have gotten this far otherwise.

You've gotten me through some harsh and dark times in my life. You've cheered me up when I felt sad and have given me incredible enjoyment and content for a franchise I've grown to love so much. Not everything you've done has been great but if every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

I remember having beach parties in Lion's Arch in GW1. I remember talking to tons of strangers in Piken Square where I ran into an elementalist who looked exactly like my own, and we jokingly called each-other twin sisters. I remember cursing at the Nahpui quarter mission because it was so damn hard for 15 year old me. I remember waiting for about an hour for the remade Tequatl the Sunless fight and actually being present for the first time we killed it on my server. I remember the old new Lion's Arch farewell party on Gunnar's Hold where we all danced around the Lion's statue with our commander's tags out before it got destroyed by Scarlet the next day. I remember the World Tour where we'd go around, doing world bosses right after reset. I remember leading the mining run through Orr, Southsun Cove and Frostgorge Sound until the megaservers came. I remember fondly the labyrinthine cliffs map and the aesthetics of the Zephyrites. I remember that wonderful 80's style ad you made for the super adventure box.

And the list goes on and on and on xD

You've given me social skills (I still remember spending about an hour in Ascalon City, building up the courage to ask someone for the 'Adventure with an ally' quest xD ). You've given me so many new friends. You've given me an amazing life :) and I don't know how I am ever going to repay you guys for all of that.

So thank you Anet <3

And here's to the next 10 years!

Love, Roxanne

> @"Kisai Hikaru.1052" said:

> So thank you Anet <3

> And here's to the next 10 years!

>

> Love, Roxanne

Following on from the threads about ANET reaching out to a player who lost everything in a housefire, your post is the perfect antidote to all those who think the devs spend their whole day dreaming of ways to annoy the GW2 population!

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> > @"Kisai Hikaru.1052" said:

> > So thank you Anet <3

> > And here's to the next 10 years!

> >

> > Love, Roxanne

>

> Following on from the threads about ANET reaching out to a player who lost everything in a housefire, your post is the perfect antidote to all those who think the devs spend their whole day dreaming of ways to annoy the GW2 population!

>

Hahaha, I'm sure they might think of that still every now and then xD

I can relate. As a mostly home-bound full time carer for a disabled person, I'm often stuck in the house. Because I'm a social guy, I tend to get my dose of connectivity from my guild. Often I have long patches of interupted play and this game is perfect for that. I can jump out of combat go to the guild hall and pick up where I left off when I get back to the computer. Perfect game for my play style. So thanks for making this game Anet. Before this I'd pretty much given up on finding an MMO to call home.

> @"costepj.5120" said:

> Following on from the threads about ANET reaching out to a player who lost everything in a housefire, your post is the perfect antidote to all those who think the devs spend their whole day dreaming of ways to annoy the GW2 population!

>

Other companies take $25,000,000 for TV spots and newspaper ads for PR. aNet took $3,500. It works :-)

But else, I can agree. What I like is the great universe ArenaNet wrote around GW2. It's not just another generic world with generic species that do generic stuff. New games are so bland and politically correct it's outright disgusting. You can read through the lores of GW(2) and it is a perfect puzzle, and not just that, you can also really experience it ingame. In FF14 for example, the tiny bits of the (ridiculous) story are often just Wiki entries, ingame there's nothing. But when you read about the Charr and Ascalon, you can still see what happened there. I like that the Asura want to take over the world (also in order to understand, master or, in case of the Inquest, abuse the Eternal Alchemy), that the Charr are difficult personalities and not just the cuddly type of cat people, but snarky militant felines an so on. Just recently, someone added info on the Wiki what is engraded in the Asura buildings in Asuran script, and it's just another little piece of awesomness.

Also, many topics are put into this game that makes it great, especially as an Asura fan like me: We have our own corrupt government, our unethical research company, our own Tchernobyl, the Arcane Eye with its manipulative way to operate and lots of funky things. One spezies in the game has more lore behind than whole games. But today everything is "graphics here, graphics there". Where are there no kids or elderly people in other MMOs? Because everyone wants to be a cardboard cutout of a catperson or super duper, whiteknight Warrior archetype. A racist midget? A beefy berserk cat? Nah, that's too much for the current environment of video games.

My mother saw a wallpaper on my PC screen when she visited me in my appartment and immediately asked "what are those little fellows?" - and I spend a whole evening on my tablet explaining her. Now I am writing a Word document to explain her the Asura with all the stuff behind them. So it even attracts and entertain 50-year old women with no clue about video gaming just by the pure story writing qualities.

And that's outstandingly amazing.

I am not a big fan of big (empty) words, but a big fan of this game, the developers AND the forum moderators since you never use big emty words, instead the words you say are little and have big impact since they are all true, so i like this thread and i too want to say:

THANK YOU, for this really great game <3 :) <3

Guild Wars has always felt like more than just a game to me. My boyfriend and I have spent countless hours playing GW1 and 2. There are nights where we sit there and share stories..."remember when we were there to see the Mad King invade Lion's Arch for the first time?" We reminisce about fighting Jormag for the first time, exploring South Sun, and the excitement of each expansion. We take so many screen shots while playing. Every once in awhile we just click through all of the images as if we're looking through a photo album of memories. Guild Wars has become a very special part of our lives. So please add my heart felt thanks to Anet to this post as well. <3

+1. In times where I feel bad I tend to isolate myself. I go to work, and when it's done I crawl back into my safe zone. It takes a little more time for me to get back on my feet IRL than average. In those cases GW2 is there to give comfort. I can join group battles without joining, deep inside I'd like to spend time with others, so I feel part of it in a way but without pressure to group, that would only make me more nervous.

As a PvE player, GW2 means freedom to me. Not to isolate myself even more in bad times because I spend lots of time into the game instead of going outside, but the opposite. It helps me to deal with the vicious circle.

I hope this game keeps growing. For PvE, dungeon/raid, PvP and WvW fans all together. I hope every of these modes will be treated equally in the future so everyone can have fun. Anyway I'll keep supporting you devs!

> @"Kisai Hikaru.1052" said:

> So, I just watched an episode of Game Grumps where they talked about thanking something that has changed their lives and, well, I'm gonna do just that now.

>

> Thank you Anet <3

>

> Guild Wars has changed my life a whole kitten lot for the better ever since I started this at age 14, and I'm 25 now. I don't think I would have gotten this far otherwise.

> You've gotten me through some harsh and dark times in my life. You've cheered me up when I felt sad and have given me incredible enjoyment and content for a franchise I've grown to love so much. Not everything you've done has been great but if every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

>

> I remember having beach parties in Lion's Arch in GW1. I remember talking to tons of strangers in Piken Square where I ran into an elementalist who looked exactly like my own, and we jokingly called each-other twin sisters. I remember cursing at the Nahpui quarter mission because it was so kitten hard for 15 year old me. I remember waiting for about an hour for the remade Tequatl the Sunless fight and actually being present for the first time we killed it on my server. I remember the old new Lion's Arch farewell party on Gunnar's Hold where we all danced around the Lion's statue with our commander's tags out before it got destroyed by Scarlet the next day. I remember the World Tour where we'd go around, doing world bosses right after reset. I remember leading the mining run through Orr, Southsun Cove and Frostgorge Sound until the megaservers came. I remember fondly the labyrinthine cliffs map and the aesthetics of the Zephyrites. I remember that wonderful 80's style ad you made for the super adventure box.

>

> And the list goes on and on and on xD

>

> You've given me social skills (I still remember spending about an hour in Ascalon City, building up the courage to ask someone for the 'Adventure with an ally' quest xD ). You've given me so many new friends. You've given me an amazing life :) and I don't know how I am ever going to repay you guys for all of that.

>

> So thank you Anet <3

> And here's to the next 10 years!

>

> Love, Roxanne

What a lovely thank you, so glad both gw1 and gw2 gave u so much joy :)