tips for condi mirage on gorseval

Iceman.5912

You can take deceptive evasion in dueling instead of superiority complex (to create a clone every time you dodge). The DPS increase of superiority complex is very minimal. In my opinion, unless you know you won't have to take new targets you can always run deceptive evasion.

During the spirit phase you want to save your axe 3 and move on the next spirit just before everyone else and change the target of your clones with axe 3. That way you won't have to resummon them.

> @"Iceman.5912" said:

> Hi, I run with a group that does the no updraft strat, but I'm struggling severely with keep clones alive. Does anyone have tips on how to keep them up more? Should I be dodging as much as possible (even when not in range) and save jaunts for whenever one goes down?

What exactly is killing them in the fight? You should have no trouble keeping them alive unless your group is completely ignoring the summoned adds or gorse is in breakbar phase.

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > @"Iceman.5912" said:

> > Hi, I run with a group that does the no updraft strat, but I'm struggling severely with keep clones alive. Does anyone have tips on how to keep them up more? Should I be dodging as much as possible (even when not in range) and save jaunts for whenever one goes down?

>

> What exactly is killing them in the fight? You should have no trouble keeping them alive unless your group is completely ignoring the summoned adds or gorse is in breakbar phase.

We are leaving his breakbar up for a bit (I think it's part of the no updraft strat? I never asked why we don't immediately kill his breakbar), it's the groundpounding part he does that kills them off

> @"Iceman.5912" said:

> > @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> > > @"Iceman.5912" said:

> > > Hi, I run with a group that does the no updraft strat, but I'm struggling severely with keep clones alive. Does anyone have tips on how to keep them up more? Should I be dodging as much as possible (even when not in range) and save jaunts for whenever one goes down?

> >

> > What exactly is killing them in the fight? You should have no trouble keeping them alive unless your group is completely ignoring the summoned adds or gorse is in breakbar phase.

>

> We are leaving his breakbar up for a bit (I think it's part of the no updraft strat? I never asked why we don't immediately kill his breakbar), it's the groundpounding part he does that kills them off

Ok yeah, that makes sense then. What you need to do is just be prepared for the clones to die during that phase by not using jaunt. Generally you won't hold out the breakbar for more than 3 or 4 ticks of the ground, so just keep dpsing while the phase is going. When the leader calls to break, you can use axe 2 followed by 2 jaunts to instantly refresh up to 3 clones to continue burning as the bar breaks.

Edit: As an aside. The reason you can hold the breakbar is it provides you with more time to dps before he starts the world-eater attack. While a group with high dps can still break immediately and phase before updraft, lower dps groups can hold out the breakbar for longer to provide quite a lot more dps time to accomplish the phasing.