1v1 for 100G | Weaver Vs. Spellbreaker (Cellofrag/Rayzen)

Lasiurus.4067

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > Do it again but SB using zerk, Weaver using marauder and no invuls!

>

> Neither build had invulns, only evades and endure pain.

Endure pain and fullcounter are invulns, so berserker x weaver would be more fun to watch i think

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > Do it again but SB using zerk, Weaver using marauder and no invuls!

> >

> > Neither build had invulns, only evades and endure pain.

>

> Endure pain and fullcounter are invulns, so berserker x weaver would be more fun to watch i think

Aint invulls

> @"nicknamenick.2437" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > Do it again but SB using zerk, Weaver using marauder and no invuls!

> > >

> > > Neither build had invulns, only evades and endure pain.

> >

> > Endure pain and fullcounter are invulns, so berserker x weaver would be more fun to watch i think

>

> Aint invulls

they absorb physical damage

also, theres shield 5, you can't counter that as a weaver because theres no unblockable skills

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"nicknamenick.2437" said:

> > > > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > Do it again but SB using zerk, Weaver using marauder and no invuls!

> > > >

> > > > Neither build had invulns, only evades and endure pain.

> > >

> > > Endure pain and fullcounter are invulns, so berserker x weaver would be more fun to watch i think

> >

> > Aint invulls

>

> they absorb physical damage

> also, theres shield 5, you can't counter that as a weaver because theres no unblockable skills

Thats still issnt invull in this game.

And they do have unblockable skills

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > Endure pain and fullcounter are invulns, so berserker x weaver would be more fun to watch i think

> >

> > Aint invulls

>

> also, theres shield 5, you can't counter that as a weaver because theres no unblockable skills

Look at 7:27, Weaver Elite Skill is a 2.5s Unblockable CC. I used it while he Shield 5 & this is the way I won the game.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Aint invulls

>

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tailored_Victory

It is niche but it actually was used to interrupt shield 5 during the vid at about 7:25.

> @"nicknamenick.2437" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > @"nicknamenick.2437" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > Do it again but SB using zerk, Weaver using marauder and no invuls!

> > > > >

> > > > > Neither build had invulns, only evades and endure pain.

> > > >

> > > > Endure pain and fullcounter are invulns, so berserker x weaver would be more fun to watch i think

> > >

> > > Aint invulls

> >

> > they absorb physical damage

> > also, theres shield 5, you can't counter that as a weaver because theres no unblockable skills

>

> Thats still issnt invull in this game.

> And they do have unblockable skills

You're invunerable against physical damage. Are you trying to "not get sb nerfed" or something? lol

@Lasiurus.4067

@ArthurDent.9538

Thats like once every 90s tho :/

> @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> It is kind of sad that both sword weaver and spellbreaker are pretty interesting mechanically but they both have so much raw healing that it becomes boring like this.

Sustain is out of control. Its part of the reason why builds win over real time strategy. It's partly the reason why PVP hasn't reached its full potential. Nothing is perfect but every class should be able to kill every other class within reason. It doesn't have to be perfect balance. Errors need to be punished while good play needs to be rewarded in all match ups.

> @"Cobrakon.3108" said:

> > @"ArthurDent.9538" said:

> > It is kind of sad that both sword weaver and spellbreaker are pretty interesting mechanically but they both have so much raw healing that it becomes boring like this.

>

> Sustain is out of control. Its part of the reason why builds win over real time strategy. It's partly the reason why PVP hasn't reached its full potential. Nothing is perfect but every class should be able to kill every other class within reason. It doesn't have to be perfect balance. Errors need to be punished while good play needs to be rewarded in all match ups.

It's hard to do that because they see too much sustain as being fixable with more damage and then to compensate they need more passive invulns so it isn't a 1 shot meta but then people need more sustain to counter invuln spam and the cycle continues. Anet doesn't seem to grasp that they need to nerf EVERYTHING. Damage, sustain, removal of passives, etc.

To put it into perspective, games back when the cele era was a thing had dps builds whose hardest hit was like 4 or 5k. Now that is an auto level or a passive damage proc level. 2k healing was a decent sized heal, now its the regen per second on builds like druid. It's all just powercreep.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> Do it again but SB using zerk, Weaver using marauder and no invuls!

> ps: We need more youtubers like you making good content, apreciate your effort!

Last season I actually tried ranked with same traits but marauder/wizard ammy, definitely fun but the reward doesn't really match the risk.

Although water 2 still heals by ridiculous amount, your sustain through regen and burst through water attunement falls behind without healing power.

As soon as people realised you're squish they focus you harder than they focus on scourge.

> @"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > Do it again but SB using zerk, Weaver using marauder and no invuls!

> > ps: We need more youtubers like you making good content, apreciate your effort!

>

> Last season I actually tried ranked with same traits but marauder/wizard ammy, definitely fun but the reward doesn't really match the risk.

> Although water 2 still heals by ridiculous amount, your sustain through regen and burst through water attunement falls behind without healing power.

> As soon as people realised you're squish they focus you harder than they focus on scourge.

yeah i can imagine that happening, i've played a lot of d/d and staff marauder, people focus me really hard when they realize what is going on

i used to roam with cele s/d, d/d and focus, now that i changed to marauder its wayyyy harder to survive haha

Sword Weaver don't have invulnerability, but it has lot's of Evade skills, that works in a similar way.

Water 2 is a nearly 2s evade with a 10s CD, Earth 2 is a 1s evade swith a 10s CD.

This means you can be invulnerable for 3s each 10s. This is insane.

This is why Sword is a very defensive weapon : insane sustain, evade, water field, but low DPS.

> @"Lasiurus.4067" said:

> Sword Weaver don't have invulnerability, but it has lot's of Evade skills, that works in a similar way.

> Water 2 is a nearly 2s evade with a 10s CD, Earth 2 is a 1s evade swith a 10s CD.

> This means you can be invulnerable for 3s each 10s. This is insane.

> This is why Sword is a very defensive weapon : insane sustain, evade, water field, but low DPS.

Yep, that's why i tihnk its boring to watch. too much invuls/evades/sustain, feels like watching ESL again xD

> @"Ario.8964" said:

> To put it into perspective, games back when the cele era was a thing had dps builds whose hardest hit was like 4 or 5k. Now that is an auto level or a passive damage proc level. 2k healing was a decent sized heal, now its the regen per second on builds like druid. It's all just powercreep.

To be fair, during the cele era there were not really "dps" builds, the meta back then revolved around bruisers. You could definitely get very high damage output back then, it's just that optimizing for damage wasn't desirable back then. The current meta mostly revolves around being either a all damage class, or a all sustain bunker.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > To put it into perspective, games back when the cele era was a thing had dps builds whose hardest hit was like 4 or 5k. Now that is an auto level or a passive damage proc level. 2k healing was a decent sized heal, now its the regen per second on builds like druid. It's all just powercreep.

>

> To be fair, during the cele era there were not really "dps" builds, the meta back then revolved around bruisers. You could definitely get very high damage output back then, it's just that optimizing for damage wasn't desirable back then. The current meta mostly revolves around being either a all damage class, or a all sustain bunker.

>

You had shatter mesmers and s/d or d/p thieves. Some teams even ran with both if they felt strong enough with their players. Also take into account builds back in the cele era ran around around with 25 might stacks at nearly all times giving them a power level greater than builds seen now (also crit damage would be the same cause ferocity on mara is 560 and cele was 560 to all stats back then). I see the point you're making and it makes sense cause damage modifiers and such but even then it doesn't account for the absoultely atrocious amount of damage going on now compared to then. I'm 99% sure that is powercreep.