pew pew on stealth enemy

Dececrator.9021

Hello,

I would like to know if it is on purpose that a ranger continues hitting a player even if the second goes into stealth.

In the beginning i thought that maybe it is because the pew pew is considered 1 skill so it continues. but if it is 1 skill then why does it need 2 or 3 evasions to fully evade it?

Thank you for your answer.

regards,

Dec.

I am assuming you talk about the rapid fire longbow skill

You activate your skill on the target, the skill gets executed on the target, doesn't matter if its invisible, because it was activated when the target was still visible. After the target goes into stealth you can't activate the skill on it anymore.

And what has this to do with needing more than one dodge? Dodging and the stealth mechanic are two entirely unrelated mechanics. What has one to do with the other one?

There are other channeled abilities in this game that need more than one dodge to fully evade them. This doesn't mean in any way that these abilities would count as "more than one skill".

Also, stealth is already so unbelievably strong in this game. In other games you can't walk in front of enemy players or you get visible again or you get visible if you get damage, or you have to wait 20+ seconds to get invisible again, or you walk 50% slower, or you can't stealth after getting in combat, or there are tons of skills that make every enemy in an area visible again etc.

In gw2 you stealth in midst of a fight and you can dance in front of your enemies, even if they hit you occasionally. There are perma stealth builds, with super mobility, low general cd, that can always reset fights, rush to points, evade tons, have superb burst dmg etc. To ask about if it's somehow unfair that someone can still hit you and demand that every channeled ability gets immediately cancelled and deals 0 damage to you, just because you've activated one of the plenty of skills that gives you stealth is a bit ridiculous imo.

You need to learn the basic game mechanics. As was mentioned, channeled skills across all professions will track you in stealth if started before stealth was activated. Conclusion: Don't stealth to stop channeled skills.

The way to properly stop channeled skills is to move behind the target. Alternatively you can Line of Sight. (Edit: Thieves also get access to projectile reflects, a long duration block, and projectile destruction, all of which would also work.)

Wasting two dodges and a stealth on RF is pretty much the worst possible reaction, and you would definitely deserve to lose that fight.

> @"Dececrator.9021" said:

> Hello,

> I would like to know if it is on purpose that a ranger continues hitting a player even if the second goes into stealth.

> In the beginning i thought that maybe it is because the pew pew is considered 1 skill so it continues. but if it is 1 skill then why does it need 2 or 3 evasions to fully evade it?

> Thank you for your answer.

> regards,

> Dec.

Same thing happens to a Ranger vs a PP Thief+unload.

I'm a little curious about getting off 3 evades in the short amount of time it takes to execute a rapid fire.

Oh pfft. My bad. He should have said rapid fire lol. Anyway its the same as if we could avoid 100blades with 1 dodge it would make it useless. So you get hit by the first arrow of rapid fire then continue to get hit after you stealth it is working as intended. Even if you port / shadow step and the ranger rapid firing is not moving forward.

I was thinking of a thief complaining about getting hit by my auto attack (skill 1) after stealthing. Now that would be an unintended outcome.

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"Dececrator.9021" said:

> > Hello,

> > I would like to know if it is on purpose that a ranger continues hitting a player even if the second goes into stealth.

> > In the beginning i thought that maybe it is because the pew pew is considered 1 skill so it continues. but if it is 1 skill then why does it need 2 or 3 evasions to fully evade it?

> > Thank you for your answer.

> > regards,

> > Dec.

>

>

> Same thing happens to a Ranger vs a PP Thief+unload.

>

> I'm a little curious about getting off 3 evades in the short amount of time it takes to execute a rapid fire.

DD thief perhaps?

> @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > @"Dececrator.9021" said:

> > > Hello,

> > > I would like to know if it is on purpose that a ranger continues hitting a player even if the second goes into stealth.

> > > In the beginning i thought that maybe it is because the pew pew is considered 1 skill so it continues. but if it is 1 skill then why does it need 2 or 3 evasions to fully evade it?

> > > Thank you for your answer.

> > > regards,

> > > Dec.

> >

> >

> > Same thing happens to a Ranger vs a PP Thief+unload.

> >

> > I'm a little curious about getting off 3 evades in the short amount of time it takes to execute a rapid fire.

>

> DD thief perhaps?

guy said he did 3 evades and still got hit. It's ok, don't care honestly.

> @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > @"Lonewolf Kai.3682" said:

> > > @"EnderzShadow.2506" said:

> > > > @"Dececrator.9021" said:

> > > > Hello,

> > > > I would like to know if it is on purpose that a ranger continues hitting a player even if the second goes into stealth.

> > > > In the beginning i thought that maybe it is because the pew pew is considered 1 skill so it continues. but if it is 1 skill then why does it need 2 or 3 evasions to fully evade it?

> > > > Thank you for your answer.

> > > > regards,

> > > > Dec.

> > >

> > >

> > > Same thing happens to a Ranger vs a PP Thief+unload.

> > >

> > > I'm a little curious about getting off 3 evades in the short amount of time it takes to execute a rapid fire.

> >

> > DD thief perhaps?

>

> guy said he did 3 evades and still got hit. It's ok, don't care honestly.

Oh yeah. Didn’t catch that. It’s very clear his is a case of L2P.