Pets Activation/Deactivation

Belenus.9132

I play as a Ranger/Druid class most of the time and my style of combat (guerilla warfare) requires me to hit the enemy hard and then relocate to a more strategic position and this sometimes requires the use of mounts to give me an edge. Now, it is incredibly frustrating to find that although I have disengaged for relocation my pet has not and will not answer to my calls to return to me [F3], nor will it disengage when I press the STOW PET button. With the pet active and ignoring commands to return and it still engaged despite my not wishing it to be, it is IMPOSSIBLE to deploy any of the mounts which puts me in a decidedly bad position.

Many are the times that I have had to disengage completely and to leave the engagement area completely because the pet would neither return to me, disengage or stow on demand, so my question is, ArenaNET, can you fix the pet for the Ranger/Druid so that the actual 'return to me' button is a A1 Priority demand that the pet breaks off any and all active engagements and returns immediately. And that when the Stow Pet button is pressed the pet instantly stows because at the moment neither of the options mentioned above actually works and in fact compromises my combat efficiency and ability to act tactically in a highly critical, often time-sensitive situation where the ability of the Ranger/Druid is seriously degraded by the pet seemingly acting as if the Ranger/Druid has no control over it whatsoever!