Why does holosmith have so much damage?

King xiuras.3615

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> Fact of the matter is that Corona Burst is a braindead skill that has zero strategic value, and is best used as soon as it comes out of CD. Abilities like that are whats killing this game.

>

>

thats why i see holosmith as poorly designed

it Requires the stability trait, holosmith cannot pressure nor defend itself without stability due to it being an extra volatile glass cannon.

i wouldnt mind if the skill had a 50% damage nerf but the profession will lose all of its momentum without reliable stability uptime

people need to remove mines and vent exhaust and fight as or against holosmiths with same handicap, those traits are definetly getting changed so we have to look at how the profession will actually perform without the broken aspects

so far holosmith doesnt seem all that broken to me i chew through them on my thief .

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> Holosmith is not a spec to be fought at melee range...as funny and ridiculous as it may sound , PoF introduced what I'd define as "anti-melee train", almost all new elite are specialized in melee neutralisation , your best bet on thief is to play p/p ( no kidding ) or deadeye rifle...if you have ultra instinct you can play s/d...d/p is a nono. As for ranger is even easier : longbow/staff with smokescale and bristleback , beastmastery a must and if you like soulbeast then gazelle/smokescale with longbow a must ...**always keep your distance** and at all time be mindful of the shockwave CC leap/launch at range..it's delayed effect and can seemingly hit if you misdodge.

>

> -80% of holosmiths will start stealth and try to rifle CC you, count to 2 and dodge opposite direction from where they come

> -they will try to follow with shockwave heatmode 5 to set up their elite

> -they then start to dodge roll under your feet to trigger minesweep

> -do never become overconfident ..with that healing turret+blast and perma boons , they can reset easily

> -once you forced an engi to use both elixir s...you'll have a guaranteed victory 9/10 as many can't really play engi..they just rely on youtube combo and double elixir s, with those elixirs gone...80% of current engi will start running like headless chickens...( same idea with warriors, they too go in panic mode once they lose their safety net , the double endure pain )

P/P thief is obsolete. Deadeye rifle is meh (but fun). Your best bet is S/D or D/P. D/P is far more mobile and that's something you should use to your advantage. I suggest that you keep on practicing on your thief whether it be core thief or Daredevil. Don't forget to utilize stealth and back stabs too (especially back stabs). If you're using Daredevil, then you'll have your bound or your dash to evade their CC and considering we have 3 bars of endurance, a Daredevil could easily bait out a Holosmith's CC (even a Scourge too). So yeah, just practice on your thief. A thief

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> TL; DR: There are counters for everything. Try the class out, learn its weaknesses. Then exploit them.

BUT IT'S TOO HARD TO LEARN! I DESERVE TO WIN AND BE THE BEST WITHOUT PUTTING IN EFFORT! I PAYED FOR THIS GAME WITH MY DADDY'S MONEY!

If I lose, it's the game's fault.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> Fact of the matter is that Corona Burst is a braindead skill that has zero strategic value, and is best used as soon as it comes out of CD. Abilities like that are whats killing this game.

>

>

That's why I've been saying to give to PF skills others utilities than just damage.

Corona Burst is a great and amazing thematic skill. don't forget that Holosmith is the sun of the desert, it's natural have AOE explosive skills with high damage.

- If just decrease the outgoing damage of Holosmith or Minesweeper, needs give something in Exchange.

Don't forget(again) that Holosmith no have others traits to equip than Prismatic Converter, CCE and TRV. Needs average rework starting with othersss traits than aforementioned. :)