Revenant Energy Discussion.

shonefob.7091

Can someone explain to me why Revenant has energy on its weapon skills? It isnt like thief all the skills have CDs so why make the weapon skills cost energy and not just the utility stuff?

It really makes most play style on weapons auto attack only. I feel rev would be a lot more fun and viable without the energy cost on weapon skills.

I have to admit it sucks my ass hole when I am doing a dps rotation as best I can and suddenly an urgent breakbar happens and I have insufficient energy and my legend swap is on cool down. It would be nice if they could drop the energy cost on weapon skills with CC to nearly nothing even if it meant longer cooldowns.

• 2 weeks later...

The whole class needs to be gameplaywise redesigned. the energy system sucks and is the sole reason for it, why this class iwll never be able to work like all other playable classes that have access to racial skills. As logn this class has this stupid energy mechanic build in to its utility skills, it will always stay beign the black sheep among 8 white ones that work all the same.

Energy is something, that should be used for the Class only for its Weapon and Healing Skills. Elite and utility skills need to be freed from this bad mechanic, so that players can decide freely, which utility skills/elite they want to use.

Legendary Stances should get completely reworked into just "Hero Aspects" which are just simply shared powers from legendary characters, that the player should be able to mix and match as you want, instead of letting these skills work like some kind of preset build. This way woudl receive the class also much more build diversity, if you could like all other classes can do that - decide freely which skilsl you ewant to take with you, instead of these stances telling you what skills you have to have with you.

That way would make playing this class alot more fun as it should be the players own free decision, if you want to take with you all skilsl that are for example Shiro based, or if you want to replace a skill slot maybe from a Shiro Skill with one of Ventari... or one of Jalis. Yes, this woudl make this class more of a jack of all trades, but it would definetely make this class also more fun to play.

I sorta agree with a couple points made in here... Revenant should either have energy costs for weapon skills or cool-downs, but not both. The energy system in the first place is primarily there to promote the "sustained" skills like Shiro quickness, otherwise what is even the point of having it at all except to mess up any sort of reasonable sustain that Revenant would have? If they absolutely insist on having weapon skills use energy, they could at least cause auto-attacks to restore a "chunk" of energy on hit instead of just not costing any.

In addition, someone brought up the idea of mixing and matching legends, and I do NOT agree with this as it eliminates the unique class mechanic of legend swapping to change load-outs or manage energy and there **is** something to be said about class flavor... but I do believe that each legend should have one extra alternate heal, utility, and elite to choose from per legend. That way you still encourage slightly more build diversity by allowing Revenant to pick and choose to some degree what utilities they prefer to run per legend, while still maintaining the original design and "purity of purpose" for the class.