> > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Edelweiss.4261" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Jojo.6140" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > So you guys want to be able to change your character apearance whenever you want... but only wants to pay 2000 gems for it?

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > yah.. why is that so hard to understand?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Just shows that it is a totally unreasonable request.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Glad I don't need other players approval to request it then.. also glad Anet does not players approval to make it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Glad it's not happening, glad anet wont even consider thinking about such kitten suggestion and glad that if they do, it will be a really rare item from BLC just like all the others.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Outside of trying to win some petty spat fight.. I have got to ask.. why would you be glad to have Anet put this behind a gambling money sink like BLC, I mean, do you like dumping excessive amounts of your money into random lottery systems designed to be stacked against you, so much so that you would GLAD they would put this kind of thing in that way as opposed to just selling it?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > and the people that gave you a "Thumbs Up" they also would be glad about that too?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They probably got riled up about it because they bought the permanent hairstyle contract for a high price. The suggestion that they'd make something better available now for only a fraction of the price would make them feel like they wasted money. I have one myself, but I'm not really hung up on exclusivity.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That is not true. I don't own the hairstyle kit and if i ever get it from a drop i will sell it for the ez monies. I rather work for things than just straight up buy them from TP or gemstore, it's wayyyy more enjoyable for me to go on an adventure and unlock sometihng nice than stay in lions arch and complain that anet don't let me unlock things using $. At least that how i think MMO's should be, you know?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I did say "probably" as I knew this could be inaccurate. I don't really see how this attitude towards working for things over buying them would lead you to be glad at the item being available in the bltc over a straight-up purchase. Wouldn't you evaluate both to be equally bad as opposed to earning it through some quest or collection? Instead, your post seemed to revel in the scarcity(or non-existence) of such items. It, likely unintentionally, came off as kind of malicious. :frown:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit: Just saw your other post. Language barriers can lead to situations like this. :sweat: I think I understand now. :confounded:

> > > > >

> > > > > yah but they did distinctly say they would be glad that it would a super rare item locked behind BLC, even with language barriers, they said that clear enough. It did come across as malicious. Seems they are not really so glad after all.

> > > > >

> > > > > But as others pointed out, it would be a massive loss of profit to Anet to sell it cheap, so, maybe Anet will grant their wish anyway, and lock it behind BLC's as others have also said this would be the most profitable way for Anet to handle it, so.. while not what I would want, I could see that being the end result none the less.

> > > >

> > > > No, i do prefer to have the item being rare instead of "sold for 2k gems". The problem is that BLC is the only way casuals can "work for it", since people just want to afk in lions arch and complain instead of playing the game. The subscription thing Yamazuki.6073 said would be nice for anet and whos buying it, but not for people that just want more goals like me.

> > > >

> > > > I didn't mean to be malicious in any way btw.

> > >

> > > Well I don't see the need to make the item rare to be honest, I see something like this as akin to endless harvesting tools, and salvage-o-tron. Better to just sell it and those that want it.

> > >

> > > Never understood the need to make things awkward and harder then they need to be, to be honest. But you will most Likely get your way, not because of some ideal to keep it special and rare mind you, but because that is the best way for Anet to make the most money off this idea.

> > Yeah, i know. I don't really mind, it's just more fun for me tbh.

> > > Some people like to spend more for things, who am I to deny them.

> > I wish those people played something else instead of trying to """"ruin"""" MMOs with their wallets. lol

>

> **shrug**

>

> I guess as long as people want things to be "rare" there will be people that will be willing to buy them, and thus put in a mark for rare things to be bought and sold, I can't fault Anet for wanting to cash in on that market.

>

> Maybe if we obsessed less about needing rare items, hen we all could have better items open to us.

At the end of the day i just hope anet have a decent income so we can continue getting nice content, thats what really matters to me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a good idea. To keep it from invalidating the hair ticket they could just make it so they are never available in the BLTC at the same time. The only real concern i can see is the potential loss of income from the TMK in the gem store from those that have the ticket instead. i assume that isnt that big of a issue since they have already done it with several other things. So I say put it in and let people sell it for a ton of gold.

PS. I don't have a horse in this race. I don't buy alot of key's or tickets for ton's of gold or makeover kits or hair kits. I think i've only used 1 or 2 total makeover kits in 5 years.