Disabling aurora visual effect

I know, it's been done to death. But knock until they open, like they say!

So. Pretty please a-net, for those of us who just want a legendary accessory with no visual clutter, give it an option to disable the effect! That way no one loses out, and you'd get more players creating it (ergo having reason to play the game for a good while) if they know they won't be arm-twisted into pink aura...

I really don't get it. If you only have it for stat changing, it's much better to just have 2 or 3 accessories with the stat combinations you usually use. Who goes through the quests for aurora for stat changing? Stat switching using another accessory is even faster, only takes up 1 of your 160+ inventory slots.

That said, I would like to see trinkets added to the wardrobe. That way you could put another skin on your aurora and I could use the aurora skin on other characters.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> I really don't get it. If you only have it for stat changing, it's much better to just have 2 or 3 accessories with the stat combinations you usually use. Who goes through the quests for aurora for stat changing? Stat switching using another accessory is even faster, only takes up 1 of your 160+ inventory slots.

>

> That said, I would like to see trinkets added to the wardrobe. That way you could put another skin on your aurora and I could use the aurora skin on other characters.

Because i'm a theory crafter that wants a nice quick stat-change option on the fly, without clogging up my inventory with 10 or more variants of same item for different stat combos, and without having to shell out gold every time I want to make a small adjustment to the gear i wear.

Also asides experimentation, i'm also very fond and keen on my character's looks. I don't want them ruined every time i put a different piece of gear. With full legendary armor, my character looks always great, while i just choose the stats with no extra hustle.

And pink-planetary aura is not part of the plan for my badass voodoo-warrior themed necro.

And lastly this is a small option for the item. I'm not forcing anyone using it to shut down their aura. I'm just asking for option for ppl like me to be able to do so, as I don't like the effect but i do like the item's mechanic. Also any other legendary (backpack, armors, weapons) can be skinned to shut down their visuals, so I'm not asking for anything weird or impossible here.

> @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > ... I'm not asking for anything weird or impossible here.

>

> I never assumed that, I'm asking for a better solution, for a different reason.

Wait...what skins? Last time i checked trinkets don't have any visuals save infusions, aurora and some uber uber rare cases.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > ... I'm not asking for anything weird or impossible here.

> >

> > I never assumed that, I'm asking for a better solution, for a different reason.

>

> Wait...what skins? Last time i checked trinkets don't have any visuals save infusions, aurora and some uber uber rare cases.

Yes, and there are more to come, so it would make sense to make trinkets like armor when it comes to wardrobe. Before Aurora, accessories, rings and amulets never had specific "skins" as far as I know. (infusions are different, you can put those on several characters). There was no need to have a wardrobe for trinkets because there was nothing to put in there. With Aurora, that has changed, its effect should be treated like a skin and be added to the wardrobe. It is not coherent to have skins of legendary armor, weapons and backpack in the wardrobe but not trinkets.

I just wanted to add to this due to performance issues in Istan.

Disabling effects from other players can be done, and ANet has provided no valid reason why they refuse to do so other than 'we want you to see all the pretties other players worked so hard for'. Well, if I don't care about a guy in a Lotus sitting in traffic in the city I don't care about someone spending a month to grind for a legendary with a visual effect. I mean this, I sincerely do not care, at all.

That said, forcing players to see all of these effects not only causes issues for players with anything even resembling epilepsy (which I agree is as much the players responsibility to consider as the developers) but also performance issues for the 90% that don't have bleeding-edge systems. If we are in a raid, instanced or open-world, and the effects of every single player has to be processed by our systems at the same time it causes issues. I have had performance drop in Istan to such an extent that outside the 2 metas I can get a ping of 300 and a FPS of 35. In the meta I have dropped down to 4k ping and 10 FPS. The kicker is, I am not the only one with these issues.

The performance failures in raids and the dangers to epileptics in this game are not the fault of the players, or the players hardware, they are solely the fault and responsibility of ANet. The failure to add relatively simple code to permit players to turn off (or lower) effects from others is solely the fault of ANet. The reasons provided for failing to add these options are lacking and, honestly, embarrassing. As developers you have a job to do: create, maintain and improve upon a piece of software that acts as a revenue stream to your company. Part of the 'improve upon' part of that is to listen to your players. This is not a balance issue nor is this something that is likely to impact your bottom line in any negative fashion. In fact, it may improve it by causing players who have quit due to these very issues to return.

Do your jobs.

[Edited for spelling, because I care]