Bring back cool down reduction for reaper shroud please

cobracommander.5861

Time for my monthly-ish post requesting that you please bring back the cool down reduction for reaper shroud. I have LOVED the changes to reaper since the last major patch and I want all of that to continue. That said, I really didn’t/don’t see why our shroud CD had to be nerfed though, and it needs to be brought back.

Make it a Reaper only reduction. Fine with that. But it really needs to come back. Those 3 seconds are an eternity in a lot of fights in wvw and duels, and it has killed me multiple times. Thanks!

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> 7 seconds / 3% degen on the current damage potential is too strong. Way too strong! That change will never happen.

>

> 10 seconds / 5% is too weak.

why it is too strong? mesmer shatter with 30k+, thiefes shot you with 30k+, ranger, warris and holos can give you ez 12k+ by using just 1 skill. all this classes have tonnes of invuls dodges blocks etc....

reaper have no defense and less dmg than that...

Ive always been a power necro and pretty much started using the recharge after the core system traits rework. I also loved spectral mastery besides that pull that never worked until recently and even then the 50s cd and the getting pulled yourself by reflects is not helping. all other classes have their core mechanic intact and not changed + extra things added on to it. For example spellbreaker 5 second weapon swap burst skills and now they have a another annoying mechanic full counter. Druid has its transform and pet etc etc. Basically the speed of shadows change was useless it cant even break untangle for me I have to kill the roots before I can actually move so I have to wait another 10seconds for a immob remove by that time it would be too late. Reaper allready has a trait that does something like that, scourge usually takes soul marks and core necro usually takes soul marks unless they take another means of life force gain. What was the new speed of shadows change for? I realy want to start streaming wvw necro again and im not sure of that is a good idea seeing is I can barely stay alive because I play fairly glassy. Please do something about the reaper play style anet.

> @"Morde.3158" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > 7 seconds / 3% degen on the current damage potential is too strong. Way too strong! That change will never happen.

> >

> > 10 seconds / 5% is too weak.

>

> then 7 secs/ and keep the degen

^ this would be perfect

> @"Zero.3871" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > 7 seconds / 3% degen on the current damage potential is too strong. Way too strong! That change will never happen.

> >

> > 10 seconds / 5% is too weak.

>

> why it is too strong? mesmer shatter with 30k+, thiefes shot you with 30k+, ranger, warris and holos can give you ez 12k+ by using just 1 skill. all this classes have tonnes of invuls dodges blocks etc....

>

> reaper have no defense and less dmg than that...

That's because the shroud is a tool that both protect and deal damage at the same time. Neither the defensive aspect nor the offensive aspect are outstanding alone but coupled they give something which is peceived as to much of an advantage. The shroud in itself is to much of a defensive tool to have good offense but at the same time it's supposed to fullfill offense, defense and support. Which explain why anet have such a hard time balancing it.

Things would have been much easier if the defense thematic wasn't "extra health points". However, anet's design for the necromancer is, and seem that it will always be, a profession that manage conditions. The extra health point come from this, theoretically it's easier to deal with conditions if you have a lot of health points. And also, things would have been much easier if it wasn't trying to do to many things at the same time.

Power necro/reaper still needs a recharge even if its like 8 seconds the little 50% damage you reduction you get from shroud is not noticeable in a power build where you don't have allot of armor. I still have to build fairly glassy if I want to kill anyone. I doubt they have a hard time balancing it they just want to make pvers happy. Anet slowly removes all of the fun out of the class just so pvers can have their dps meters. First they took away blood magic said they was going to make it better they made it worse, they took away increased damage per condition, reworked scepter that and I barely see people using scepter now, they killed spectral mastery, they killed the lich form changed it something pretty hard to use, and the list goes on. So many traits that I cant find a good build to use them on. Necro is pretty much the only reason I still play this game. I hope they start putting thought into these changes.

I never had a problem doing allot of power damage on reaper it was just me getting blown up by everything and reaper was supposed to help with that. Cold shoulder change change did not help I cant keep targets chilled very long to make use of the 10% extra damage unless its an npc. Spiteful renewal change was useless good players try to stop you from healing. Soul eater change is ok but I pref the life steal for wvw. Signet of vamp internal cd on the life steal damage is silly its not like you can use all of the stacks in 6 seconds. Kinda wish the GS was slightly faster as well. in WvW I pretty much still fall back to base necro when reaper is just not working at the moment and I refuse to play condi scourge.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > 7 seconds / 3% degen on the current damage potential is too strong. Way too strong! That change will never happen.

> > >

> > > 10 seconds / 5% is too weak.

> >

> > why it is too strong? mesmer shatter with 30k+, thiefes shot you with 30k+, ranger, warris and holos can give you ez 12k+ by using just 1 skill. all this classes have tonnes of invuls dodges blocks etc....

> >

> > reaper have no defense and less dmg than that...

>

> That's because the shroud is a tool that both protect and deal damage at the same time. Neither the defensive aspect nor the offensive aspect are outstanding alone but coupled they give something which is peceived as to much of an advantage. The shroud in itself is to much of a defensive tool to have good offense but at the same time it's supposed to fullfill offense, defense and support. Which explain why anet have such a hard time balancing it.

>

> Things would have been much easier if the defense thematic wasn't "extra health points". However, anet's design for the necromancer is, and seem that it will always be, a profession that manage conditions. The extra health point come from this, theoretically it's easier to deal with conditions if you have a lot of health points. And also, things would have been much easier if it wasn't trying to do to many things at the same time.

No the shroud being your only defense and your only really threatening offensive ability is not "op" or even a strength. It's balanced.

If you get hit like a truck in shroud, you can't deal any damage because you just get kicked out.

If you hit like a truck in shroud, you can't use your shroud as second lifebar when you need it because your lifeforce is gone.

The lifeforce thing makes the shroud also very unreliable. Other classes have a simple cd or ammunition mechanic. They know exactly when and how long their defensive and offensive abilities/mechanics/transformations, whatever will be ready and what they can achieve with them.

With necro it's every time a bit of rng. If your opponent evades, blocks blinds, kites you have suddenly no access to your defensive and offensive mechanic.

And unlike other classes we have no auto regen over time. We have to sacrifice utility skills or use certain weapons to gain access to our best skills. We have to take an entire traitline that is in almost any build not at all optional and only offers a bit more access to our only good skills/second lifebar (or for scourge the only somewhat good dmg source in pve).

Actually I liken the current reaper shroud burst to holosmith's photon forge.

Both have very deadly bursts when utilised. **except** that holosmith photon forge is much more flexible and deadly.

* It has a melee like Reaper shroud 1,

* it has a leap like Reaper shroud 2 but on a **2 second** cool down. Plus swiftness.

* It has access to stability on skill 3 like Reaper shroud 3.

* It has a hard hitting **Range Attack** on skill 4 unlike Reaper shroud 4

* it has a hard CC on skill 5 like Reaper shroud 5

All their skills are on lower CDs compared to Reaper shroud. They have much more flexibility entering or leaving photon forge mode than a Reaper. They can do it in a couple of secs vs Reaper's 10 secs if they choose to flash photon mode! They have range Attack and much better mobility in photon mode.

Reaper shroud is like an inferior version of photon forge. Much less mobility, much less range, much more rigid and predictable.

And to make things worse, this was supposed to be our main defense too but it gets locked out for 10 seconds. A holosmith isn't dependent on photon mode for defense and can reenter the mode faster.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> Actually I liken the current reaper shroud burst to holosmith's photon forge.

> Both have very deadly bursts when utilised. **except** that holosmith photon forge is much more flexible and deadly.

>

> * It has a melee like Reaper shroud 1,

> * it has a leap like Reaper shroud 2 but on a **2 second** cool down. Plus swiftness.

> * It has access to stability on skill 3 like Reaper shroud 3.

> * It has a hard hitting **Range Attack** on skill 4 unlike Reaper shroud 4

> * it has a hard CC on skill 5 like Reaper shroud 5

>

> All their skills are on lower CDs compared to Reaper shroud. They have much more flexibility entering or leaving photon forge mode than a Reaper. They can do it in a couple of secs vs Reaper's 10 secs if they choose to flash photon mode! They have range Attack and much better mobility in photon mode.

>

> Reaper shroud is like an inferior version of photon forge. Much less mobility, much less range, much more rigid and predictable.

>

> And to make things worse, this was supposed to be our main defense too but it gets locked out for 10 seconds. A holosmith isn't dependent on photon mode for defense and can reenter the mode faster.

Right I ran into a friend of mine today while he was on holo and I currently did not have foot in the grave on and he cced me to death GG. We need to push for the recharge to be 7 seconds again. Did anyone notice anets ninja change to necro focus 4? Its better but, it suffers the same obstructed/ out of range when trying to hit somone with it atleast it travels in a straight line now, instead of the wavey motion it had before.

bring back normal shroud degen...

I just played a spvp game using Knight's amulet (so freaking 1200 toughness extra!), and still i had my shroud melt so fast i couldn't even land a decent #5 -> #4 combo...

and that's in a 1v1 duel vs a rather non threatening guard...

Meanwhile my core necro build allows me to sit in shroud a hefty amout of time and unlike reaper feels actually survivable under pressure....

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> bring back normal shroud degen...

>

> I just played a spvp game using Knight's amulet (so freaking 1200 toughness extra!), and still i had my shroud melt so fast i couldn't even land a decent #5 -> #4 combo...

>

> and that's in a 1v1 duel vs a rather non threatening guard...

>

> Meanwhile my core necro build allows me to sit in shroud a hefty amout of time and unlike reaper feels actually survivable under pressure....

Seriously, what movie monster fell over at the first person to stand their ground and fight? And couldn't catch anyone who ran?

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > bring back normal shroud degen...

> >

> > I just played a spvp game using Knight's amulet (so freaking 1200 toughness extra!), and still i had my shroud melt so fast i couldn't even land a decent #5 -> #4 combo...

> >

> > and that's in a 1v1 duel vs a rather non threatening guard...

> >

> > Meanwhile my core necro build allows me to sit in shroud a hefty amout of time and unlike reaper feels actually survivable under pressure....

>

> Seriously, what movie monster fell over at the first person to stand their ground and fight? And couldn't catch anyone who ran?

The human centipede? Sorta..

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> bring back normal shroud degen...

>

> I just played a spvp game using Knight's amulet (so freaking 1200 toughness extra!), and still i had my shroud melt so fast i couldn't even land a decent #5 -> #4 combo...

>

> and that's in a 1v1 duel vs a rather non threatening guard...

>

> Meanwhile my core necro build allows me to sit in shroud a hefty amout of time and unlike reaper feels actually survivable under pressure....

This is exactly why I go back to base necro when on tilt mode

> @"dceptaconroy.7928" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > bring back normal shroud degen...

> > >

> > > I just played a spvp game using Knight's amulet (so freaking 1200 toughness extra!), and still i had my shroud melt so fast i couldn't even land a decent #5 -> #4 combo...

> > >

> > > and that's in a 1v1 duel vs a rather non threatening guard...

> > >

> > > Meanwhile my core necro build allows me to sit in shroud a hefty amout of time and unlike reaper feels actually survivable under pressure....

> >

> > Seriously, what movie monster fell over at the first person to stand their ground and fight? And couldn't catch anyone who ran?

>

> The human centipede? Sorta..

Lmao right anet said a slow moving majestic creature or something like that I forgot!