fps issues

Hello all,

Downloaded game again and wanted to play, but I noticed some lagg/choppy gameplay, I mostly get like 50 fps when game on auto detect/best settings, it goes up to about 70 with best performance settings.

Anyways these are my specs:

MSI Gtx 1080 gaming x (x2 but one only runs physx, not in sli)

Intel i9 7900x

16 GB Ram DDR4 3200 mhz

the game is installed on HDD not on SSD but I don't feel like that should really be an issue, might be wrong there though.

My graphic card driver is up to date, and the temperatures are not getting hot.

Anyone any idea? I mean I feel like the fps should be alot smoother and not forced to lower my graphics to make the game bearable.

Don't use auto detect. There's a few settings that really kill performance in gw2 no matter what your specs are.

It's pretty safe to max everything besides...

* Shadows- leave on low or medium

* Reflections- Reflections are not culled what so ever on certain(all?) surfaces/textures. Like water. And under 99% of maps is a giant ocean of water that has a constantly reflecting surface, even if it's no where in sight.

* Character Model Limit/Quality- By far one of the biggest hitters on FPS. I keep mine set to medium/medium in pve and high/low in WvW.

At the bottom of the Graphics Options Window you'll see a few check boxes. One you'll want checked is Effect LOD. That slightly tones down the spell effects. While they aren't big impacts on FPS, the sheer amount of particle effects can be visually overwhelming in large battles.

You can try overclocking your CPU if you have a good cooling setup(being a $1000 CPU, I hope you do).

Single Threaded performance is what GW2 loves, which you'll get more of with higher frequencies. Sadly Gw2 does not scale well with more cores, so your 10cores/20 threads aren't doing you much justice.

> @"MrFayth.3546" said:

> Don't use auto detect. There's a few settings that really kill performance in gw2 no matter what your specs are.

>

> It's pretty safe to max everything besides...

>

> * Shadows- leave on low or medium

> * Reflections- Reflections are not culled what so ever on certain(all?) surfaces/textures. Like water. And under 99% of maps is a giant ocean of water that has a constantly reflecting surface, even if it's no where in sight.

> * Character Model Limit/Quality- By far one of the biggest hitters on FPS. I keep mine set to medium/medium in pve and high/low in WvW.

>

>

> At the bottom of the Graphics Options Window you'll see a few check boxes. One you'll want checked is Effect LOD. That slightly tones down the spell effects. While they aren't big impacts on FPS, the sheer amount of particle effects can be visually overwhelming in large battles.

>

> You can try overclocking your CPU if you have a good cooling setup(being a $1000 CPU, I hope you do).

>

> Single Threaded performance is what GW2 loves, which you'll get more of with higher frequencies. Sadly Gw2 does not scale well with more cores, so your 10cores/20 threads aren't doing you much justice.

These settings seem to work pretty well, quite happy with it.

Im at 100 fps atm, still feel like it should be higher but I guess ur point that too many cores don't work too well could be indeed the throttle.

I haven't really overclocked yet indeed, I got a liquid cooler so perhaps I should, havent really needed it so far so didn't see the point to it :).