About Lv.80 boost item

Arbiter.1529

Hi! I'm a Lv.15 cahrr ranger. I just started GW2 two days ago.

I really enjoy this game, so I bought an Ultimate Collection.(Ultimate PoF and Standard Hot)

Now I have a Lv.80 boost item. I have two questions.

1. Should I use this item? I feel traveling around ahoot is a little troublesome. I saw some players riding their mounts. I want my own mount.

2. If I use the item and finished the very beginning of PoF , the progress of expansion stories(PoF or HoT)is divided in each character?

After I get my mount, I want to create new character, and start again from Lv.1, and follow each story(Personal Stories, Living World, Expansions)

1) I would recommend not for the first week or so. Get to learn the game from the in-game hints given to you through leveling normally. Once you're comfortable with how the game controls and how combat works, go ahead and pop it on a toon you like. You can trial the level 80 toon before you consume the boost.

2) So there are two systems in play here. Personal Story and Mastery. Your Personal Story (which includes all instanced story missions, Living World or otherwise) is tied to each individual character. Say your Charr Ranger completes a Living World story mission. That mission would not be completed for any of your other toons. Mastery, on the other hand, is account-wide. If you Level 80 boost this Charr Ranger, and complete Blazing a Trail (PoF mission one) to unlock Mount Masteries, you would unlock the Mastery system and all of your toons, regardless of level or story progression, would have access to the mount.

> If it's only Raptor WITHOUT maxing it's masteries for longer jump, I think that's okay to use your level 80 boost.

> - Raptor from first story

> - Springer from Desert Highlands, only need you to collect carrots and pay 50 Trade Contracts and 1 Gold

> But you will need Raptor Canyon Jumping abilities to go there. (Or TP to friends if you have it)

> - Skimmer, from Elon Riverlands, only need you to deliver food or heal npc and pay 50 Trade Contracts and 4 Gold

> And same with Springer, you need Raptor Canyon Jumping abilities to go there (Or TP to friends item)

>

> .

> If you want ALL the mount (including griffon) and MAXING their masteries, that's gonna be a really hard if you are not familiar with how your class work and with the gear you get from level 80 boost.

> - Most enemies in PoF maps are really aggressive and do a lot of damage.

> - There are some ground trap that will dismount you.

> - You cannot mount and run if you are on a battle mode

> - Griffon require you to finish whole PoF story, every heart npc, and 250 Gold

> Stories is divided for each character.

> But your mount, your gliding, and all your masteries will stay with you on every character.