How can I reduce the FPS drops

Hi everyone

So I've been playing GW2 since the release back in 2012-2013 with the same PC ( I know that might sound like my pc it's old and crappy bout am trying not to buy something else for gaming for the time) So I used to get up to at least 40 FPS in a non crowded area and in a crowded area I was getting up to 20 FPS ( World Bosses big events like SW and now the Domain of istan)

Lately though my max FPS in a non crowded area it's 20 and in a crowded area it's 5 FPS which makes the game unplayable ( I can't even move to the right direction or cast the skills in the right direction)

Before I mention my PC specs I want to say that whenever a new driver in Nvidia comes out I download it to check it out and this time was pretty terrible. Also based on "game debate" (not really believe that) but I should be able to play the game in high settings but we all know that the game is not very well optimized.

So here are my specs (Laptop)

Windows 8.1

Processor: Intel core i7-4700MQ CPU 2.40GHz

Nvidia gt 740m 9 as i said with the latest driver)

8 GB RAM

Now I know the game with new expansion new content and all that it' getting bigger in terms of space so currently it's almost i think 35gb

Anyway what am trying to do it's to find a way to increase my FPS. Also I would prefer not to download any extra programs to do that ! So if you have any suggestions at the settings in-game I would like to here them so my settings are currently medium to high ( I know some shadows or reflection are not really the best so i have them off and am focusing on player modeling and environment). So any suggestions would be appreciated !

> @"smashgodlight.6584" said:

> Hi everyone

> So I've been playing GW2 since the release back in 2012-2013 with the same PC ( I know that might sound like my pc it's old and crappy bout am trying not to buy something else for gaming for the time) So I used to get up to at least 40 FPS in a non crowded area and in a crowded area I was getting up to 20 FPS ( World Bosses big events like SW and now the Domain of istan)

>

> Lately though my max FPS in a non crowded area it's 20 and in a crowded area it's 5 FPS which makes the game unplayable ( I can't even move to the right direction or cast the skills in the right direction)

> Before I mention my PC specs I want to say that whenever a new driver in Nvidia comes out I download it to check it out and this time was pretty terrible. Also based on "game debate" (not really believe that) but I should be able to play the game in high settings but we all know that the game is not very well optimized.

>

> So here are my specs (Laptop)

> Windows 8.1

> Processor: Intel core i7-4700MQ CPU 2.40GHz

> Nvidia gt 740m 9 as i said with the latest driver)

> 8 GB RAM

> Now I know the game with new expansion new content and all that it' getting bigger in terms of space so currently it's almost i think 35gb

>

> Anyway what am trying to do it's to find a way to increase my FPS. Also I would prefer not to download any extra programs to do that ! So if you have any suggestions at the settings in-game I would like to here them so my settings are currently medium to high ( I know some shadows or reflection are not really the best so i have them off and am focusing on player modeling and environment). So any suggestions would be appreciated !

Can u contact me ingame i will try to help :)