Issues in Guild Wars 2 Build 85963+

vennum.9507

**This is not a rant, this is bringing major issues from many of people into the light. Please bring your voice and be herd by the development teams of Arena Net for a hopeful future.**

**Thief** - I play thief every day for many of years and deadeye does have some very bad issues, I shot at someone and it said obstructed on my nuke shot but there was nothing in the way it was flat ground open target right in front of me about 900 away and obstructed. Rangers are the superman of GW2, they have everything to make them OP including range. Using P/P for DPS is only 900 range MAX and can be blocked by a ton of stuff not including reflection that most classes have. It’s not OP when I can lay down 60k stack damage and the player is still alive, but their life didn’t move. This happens a lot with necroes and guardians obviously. Out of all of this from the thief I feel one of the biggest frustrations is the “teleporting”. It really needs fixed when you can’t “Shadow-Step” off steps or edges saying there is no path or its out of range. I do understand it is a movement on the same ground to a player or location so you have to be able to physically get there but going up steps or even off of a wall causes so much headache.

**Ranger** - I don’t see how the burst shot on ranger can target an invisible player and follows while shooting but it does. This is not right nor fair, they have a pet that takes/causes damage sure takes boons and conditions even takes focus but to turn the ranger invulnerable after all that is a bit much. Then the heals the ranger can put out is absurd and allowing them to go invisible is a bit much. Now onto the real issue with rangers. Even if you keep all that the distance on the skills is absolutely way too much. Deadeye has 1 skills (the nuke) that allows them to shoot 1500, no other class in the game has a 1500 range skill even to teleport away this is not fair because they can also teleport towards the player making escape next to impossible. The ability to arrow rain stun and knockback into arrow rain then burst shot is OP as well at that range. I call this class superman because every time it has a weakness they make a new ability so the ranger don’t get affected by it.

**Engineer** - This class is a little OP because of the double invulnerability they can use as well as the crazy heals but this is not the issue with them. I feel it’s very unfair to be able to peg people that are downed while invulnerable this make the skills in the down state completely useless not that they even do much for you as it is once you go down its instant death if 4 party members are not on top of you asap. For thief for instance. What is 2 seconds of stealth going to do for me the rangers pet stands there for 2 seconds it’s not even long enough to break combat this is completely useless I do know it stop you from being pegged but only once. In 2 seconds he will try again if not just kill you. Then teleporting is useless because it’s a range of 600 where am I going to hide 600 from a player when they can still see everything that close.

**Guardian** - this is my first class I have made and I play it a lot, I feel this classes trap is far to OP and to allow it to go off twice in a short time period, at the start of a game this skill ate my entire team twice through shields, the guardian using the skill just stood there through the surge not even moving because the skills killed us so fast. Only complain about this class.

**Mesmer** - Mesmer’s are incredibly OP when it comes to 1v1 battles. The clones are pretty strong as it is being defensive, it gives the Mesmer a very high survivability against even a few people in battle the ability to down any class in a 1v1 fight is incredible, even playing as a thief I have not downed players faster then a Mesmer. This class is very useful, I agree with it having some damage but its outrageous how strong this class is by its self. The condition clears they have as well as ability to cast conditions with high damage out put makes them hit harder than any other class.

**PVP** - I feel that there needs to be a system in place that lets you get put with people of your rank and on teams that don’t have 3 of the same class. I get you can change out but with the achievements for the legendary back piece it makes it a little difficult to do that when you only have that class left to play. **If you need an idea on how to make this work add a check box to your search that says “party only with 1 class per team” might make ques longer but will take care of the party issues.** there needs to be more maps then just 7 maps for ranked play, It is boring and repetitive I feel like I am playing call of duty all over again.

Thank you all for reading, I hope this helps make some good changes for the future of Guild Wars.

This sounds PvP related, if it is you should have posted in the individual profession categories for each of the professions that you listed in your post. This is the general GW2 discussion forum and might get lost very quickly amongst all the other general ideas people bring up. You should see if you can get a Mod to move it for you.

P.S. - I'm presuming this is PvP related because none of what you said makes sense for PvE.