UI Immersion (Hero panel/Black Lion store/etc)

Hi all,

I've not posted in a forum for over a decade so I apologise if I screw anything up.

I've been having a think about the way Gw2 is less immersive with its UI than some other games and I came up with a way that could make the different menus and panels feel more 'in-game'.

So my idea is to have the different panels be part of an asura-style tablet device that your character 'interacts' with to do a bit of 'online shopping' on the trading post, or checks out what's in their wardrobe, etc.

I know it's probably the last thing on the devs minds but I'm a bit of a stickler for small details keeping me fully immersed in a game world.

(and yes I have also realised that this is very much like breath of the wild's slate - but hey its a good system that works).

Interesting. While I wouldn't necessarily call the menus super-immersive, it is more importantly not breaking my immersion either. I actually like the somewhat non-intrusive colour palette and "painted" look, allowing me to focus on the more important stuff.

Also I'm not a fan of Asura and asura aesthetics :p

I LOVE the current colour palette, with those brush strokes that make the game so artistic, rather than a modern flat paint. But I understand that we all have different tastes. I agree with additional themes, but I wouldn't want to replace the current one.

Also please, let us choose the loading screen: I preferred the HoT one much more, with that epic BGM. I often loaded the game and kept it in the loading screen. I know we can listen to the BGM in Soundcloud (thanks Anet for this), but it would be nice if I could do it in-game.