Feb 06 balance patch

AEFA.9035

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Prophet.1584" said:

> These are all changes will have an effect on PvE, stacking soulbeasts in raids using Leader of the Pack are going to pump up dps. No Nerfs to Druid also makes me happy and toning down the condi spam means i won't have to spec as defensively in pvp. i'm not sure why there's so much salt. **_No major Nerfs....._**

So we should just be happy with not getting screwed? *Sigh* :/

> @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > @"Sandzibar.5134" said:

> > But did they? they nerfed condi mes... shatter mes got stronger didnt it?

>

> Definitely they nerfed condi mesmer, I don't know about power mesmer, because I am a little bit confused, some skills/traits were nerfed, some were buffed ... I'll see tonight when I'll roam on borders :)

power mesmer got a pretty strong buff but from the look of things it's going to take some skill to get all the damage out of a shatter spec with the phantasm changes. Spike damage has never been our enemy though, especially if they have to go glass to get it. thankfully anet knocked back the confusion stacking from them and overall condi spam and corruption from necros. even firebrand got a nerf and the firebrand/necro combo really sucked in pvp. warrior looks like it could be a real problem though.

Well, personally, I haven't feel that ranger is in bad spot. Personally I feel that this patch was more about mesmer, scourge and fb changes. Would I be in the dev team, and would I recognize needs to change certain classes, I would not mess the thing by introducing huge changes in other fronts. But that's just me. Personally I am happy that ranger didnt receive huge nerf hammer.

> @"Prophet.1584" said:

> > @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > > @"Sandzibar.5134" said:

> > > But did they? they nerfed condi mes... shatter mes got stronger didnt it?

> >

> > Definitely they nerfed condi mesmer, I don't know about power mesmer, because I am a little bit confused, some skills/traits were nerfed, some were buffed ... I'll see tonight when I'll roam on borders :)

>

> power mesmer got a pretty strong buff but from the look of things it's going to take some skill to get all the damage out of a shatter spec with the phantasm changes. Spike damage has never been our enemy though, especially if they have to go glass to get it. thankfully anet knocked back the confusion stacking from them and overall condi spam and corruption from necros. even firebrand got a nerf and the firebrand/necro combo really sucked in pvp. warrior looks like it could be a real problem though.

Well, even before a power mesmer (I talk only from WvW Roaming perspective ) could one shot you in just 1 sec in a small group fight. mesmer was the only class who can kill me with 1 shot in 1 sec when I fought with someone else and I was on CD. Other classes (even thiefs ) can't, they need at least 3-5 sec or more to kill me when I was engaged with another enemy and my skills was on CD. So, I think if they buffed power mesmer ... they will be at least the same dangerous and OP like before ... 1 SHOT. Again I don't speak about 1 vs 1 ... but about that moment when you fight with someone and a mesmer appear from stealth and 1 shot you ... in just 1 sec you die even you are full HP (like 20k ) and with 1800 Toughness ... and this is wrong ...

> @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > @"Prophet.1584" said:

> > > @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > > > @"Sandzibar.5134" said:

> > > > But did they? they nerfed condi mes... shatter mes got stronger didnt it?

> > >

> > > Definitely they nerfed condi mesmer, I don't know about power mesmer, because I am a little bit confused, some skills/traits were nerfed, some were buffed ... I'll see tonight when I'll roam on borders :)

> >

> > power mesmer got a pretty strong buff but from the look of things it's going to take some skill to get all the damage out of a shatter spec with the phantasm changes. Spike damage has never been our enemy though, especially if they have to go glass to get it. thankfully anet knocked back the confusion stacking from them and overall condi spam and corruption from necros. even firebrand got a nerf and the firebrand/necro combo really sucked in pvp. warrior looks like it could be a real problem though.

>

> Well, even before a power mesmer (I talk only from WvW Roaming perspective ) could one shot you in just 1 sec in a small group fight. mesmer was the only class who can kill me with 1 shot in 1 sec when I fought with someone else and I was on CD. Other classes (even thiefs ) can't, they need at least 3-5 sec or more to kill me when I was engaged with another enemy and my skills was on CD. So, I think if they buffed power mesmer ... they will be at least the same dangerous and OP like before ... 1 SHOT. Again I don't speak about 1 vs 1 ... but about that moment when you fight with someone and a mesmer appear from stealth and 1 shot you ... in just 1 sec you die even you are full HP (like 20k ) and with 1800 Toughness ... and this is wrong ...

with food and gear that might happen in wvw, it doesn't happen much in pvp anymore

> @"Prophet.1584" said:

> with food and gear that might happen in wvw, it doesn't happen much in pvp anymore

Because in pvp usual fights are 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 or even 5 vs 5 where everyone fight with someone, usual in sPVP , due to terrain, a mesmer will not stay and wait for sec/ minutes the right moment to attack you from behind when you are engaged in other fight. And yes, you have right, in sPVP you don't have food and buffs from WvW ... 25 stacks from bloodlust etc.

However i'm getting crazy spikes (im not sure as because the wvw is DCing all the time so i cant read the log) from the coalescence of ruin... Was there any crazy buff to the rev? Did we went back to where CoR was a fraging joke?

Anyhow a positive **bug fix:**

**Birds now travel 1200 units**. Which is nice. You get the white owl and may drop the unreliable jarkanda. White owl is not better as a pet, but the utility (swiftness + swoop ) makes it up for it. And if you needed the extra 2K heal from the photosynthesis you may as well give up.

So we have now the mobility in the healing pet. We can experiment now with the dps pet. Spiders now that the skills seems to work, they seem nice with the immob (as pre-wordly impact) but also you can play now with the poison fields (+LB +sigils + refined toxins (does it work now thou?))

Other than that, the patch is a disappointment. Seems like nobody is actively developing in this class.

We need the SoulBeast traits to be have a serious review and redesign as they are **BAD**. No connection with the main weapon and no synergy with core ranger.

We need mobile spirits so we can have support builds.

We need all the merged pet abilities to have a review and rework to make them actual skills (buffing damage will not work, we have auto attack instead the cat F1) and mechanics more reliable.

Anet never disappoints me in being a disappointment.

Luckily it is a free game.

While it's sad that Soulbeast didn't receive any usability changes, I think the patch is good because it reflects the truth; that Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast are in a good place, not needing any negative adjustments.

Now, am I ecstatic about the impact of the list of changes? Not particularly. But with Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast having viable/optimal builds in all 3 major gamemodes, it was better to not touch it, especially with nerfs, when so much of the rest of the game is receiving changes.

Also the devs are apparently pushing for more frequent balance patch cycles (which remains to be seen but still).

So I think we should all just remember our old patch day Ranger motto; no nerfs is a good patch.

Moa—Frenzied Attack: Increased the damage this skill inflicts by 100%

Is this for real? Cause currently this moa attack does 265 damage with 1 power Co efficient.

Can someone pls give me a breakdown of let's say if I have 2000 power what will the damage be for frenzied attack and pls include formula thanks

Don't want to hijack this post but in the light of the NEW patch , Im back after a long brake and just BiS'ed my SB in gear / stats , can I get some info on what pets are best for WvW ? I know about Rock Gazelle and Jacaranda in PvP but unsure about best WvW combo's.

Much appreciated fam !

> @"offence.4726" said:

> Don't want to hijack this post but in the light of the NEW patch , Im back after a long brake and just BiS'ed my SB in gear / stats , can I get some info on what pets are best for WvW ? I know about Rock Gazelle and Jacaranda in PvP but unsure about best WvW combo's.

>

> Much appreciated fam !

In my opinion Smokescale is better than Gazelle. But depend of your style of playing. Smokescale is better in combat , because of evade, Gazelle is better when it comes about disengage/escape ... you have 1 more ability to run away when it's too hot zone :) . Jacaranda is one of the best support/heal pet in WvW too, also Brown Bear is another option, both can clean 2 condi (Jacaranda in beastmode Bear when you are not in beastmode), Jacaranda can heal you with another extra 2k, Bear gives you 3 sec of immune to power damage. But like @"anduriell.6280" already said, you can use bird (white owl) for heal and another disengage/run away pet .

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> You think Rangers got it bad. Look at the necro nerfs...again.

You are joking , right ? Necro, and specially Scourge wast just fixed ... his aoe damage and defensive stats were insane after the last patch. Now they just lower a little the damage but they make his defensive more powerful ... so Necro is just very fine where it is now.

> @"Eggyokeo.9705" said:

> in the context of pvp i think we got passively buff buffed by all the other nerfs . I feel must stronger then before. things like not getting auto down when a scrouge +1s a fight, holding the point while fighting a scourge.

It's just a mirage, because Ranger wasn't passively buffed, just the other class were buffed or nerfed. Remember Scourge was nerfed regarding damage but was buffed regarding defense. Also the other classes got something and lost something, will take a little bit till ppl will adjust and learn how to play with these new changes.

I would like to clarify that the pet updates are only for beastmode, not for the pets using those skills. The wiki notes can be slightly misleading, because the hyperlink takes you to the pet skill version, but the description indicates that it is in fact the beastmode version. Still..... overall, I still run druid so the patch didn't change really anything other than the few bug fixes indicated. No nerf = good patch as far as ranger goes.