Feb 06 balance patch

AEFA.9035

> @"Kilrik.6320" said:

> I would like to clarify that the pet updates are only for beastmode, not for the pets using those skills. The wiki notes can be slightly misleading, because the hyperlink takes you to the pet skill version, but the description indicates that it is in fact the beastmode version.

Not rly ... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Takedown_(soulbeast) or https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bite_(soulbeast_bear) etc ;)

Even it is possible that the numbers are not updated or exactly how it was before patch ... I mean sometimes numbers from wiki are not the same with the numbers from the game.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been trying out the updated pets,

**Bird family** definitely feeling the swoop update on this one, plus the damage increase is a huge bonus. good for running away.

**Moa family** I got to admit I'm pretty surprised with the damage on frenzied attack, I know some of you would say the hell with moas. but with zerk the skill can dish out a solid 5k+ damage, and it resets your attack if timed right you can basically attack twice.

Best pet still IMO is porcine in Beastmode if youre running zerk cause of this:

Maul your foes and make them bleed.

Damage (2x): 584 (2.2)

Bleeding 2 (6s): 264 Damage

Range: 130

Was doing 7k+ damage for a skill in 12 secs CD.

> @"ProtoMarcus.7649" said:

> Also again please, for the Juvenile Hyena, please use the **Spotted Hyena Model** introduced in PoF

This is the only change I really want.

I’m just happy we got only buffs (even if they are minor and for Soulbeast only).

That and since everyone else just got nerfed I guess we ended up pseudo buffed?

Meanwhile power greatsword warrior does 32k DPS, while our greatsword is still garbage for many years on end and we don't even do comparable DPS.

Having to use Sic em in beast mode to do almost as much but still less damage than warrior and guardian greatswords do all the time (while ours is a 20% uptime every minute) is absolutely horrendous design.

> @"Zenith.7301" said:

> Meanwhile power greatsword warrior does 32k DPS, while our greatsword is still garbage for many years on end and we don't even do comparable DPS.

>

> Having to use Sic em in beast mode to do almost as much but still less damage than warrior and guardian greatswords do all the time (while ours is a 20% uptime every minute) is absolutely horrendous design.

Wow 32k DPs. What rotation is that? I just looked into gs warriors damage compare to Ranger and they're pretty much on par and I'm not even including our pet damage. And as far as I remember most buffs for war is in pve except for greatsword last chain and first chain. Cause in reality their damage shouldn't be on par with Ranger cause we have to include damage from pets it's only right that their damage got buff. Lol. Before pre patch our last auto is 60 damage higher with higher power Coefficient though only by 0.05 than warriors.

So much salt. Ranger, compared to at least half the professions, is in a pretty good place. I mean, power rev needed a buff. Had to have one. Scrapper needed a buff. Had to have one. I main a soulbeast and I have no problem in any content I run. Bug fixes and some pet changes for Soul Beast are fine. No one I know is kicking Soulbeasts from T4 Fractals or raids to my knowledge.

> @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > Meanwhile power greatsword warrior does 32k DPS, while our greatsword is still garbage for many years on end and we don't even do comparable DPS.

> >

> > Having to use Sic em in beast mode to do almost as much but still less damage than warrior and guardian greatswords do all the time (while ours is a 20% uptime every minute) is absolutely horrendous design.

>

> Wow 32k DPs. What rotation is that? I just looked into gs warriors damage compare to Ranger and they're pretty much on par and I'm not even including our pet damage. And as far as I remember most buffs for war is in pve except for greatsword last chain and first chain. Cause in reality their damage shouldn't be on par with Ranger cause we have to include damage from pets it's only right that their damage got buff. Lol. Before pre patch our last auto is 60 damage higher with higher power Coefficient though only by 0.05 than warriors.

It's been pretty obvious they only care to give warriors and thieves viable power builds on a quick time table.

Rangers have had garbage power builds for 5 years and have barely gotten meaningful changes until the later buff to autoattacks which was still nowhere near enough.

> @"AEFA.9035" said:

> > @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > Meanwhile power greatsword warrior does 32k DPS, while our greatsword is still garbage for many years on end and we don't even do comparable DPS.

> >

> > Having to use Sic em in beast mode to do almost as much but still less damage than warrior and guardian greatswords do all the time (while ours is a 20% uptime every minute) is absolutely horrendous design.

>

> Wow 32k DPs. What rotation is that? I just looked into gs warriors damage compare to Ranger and they're pretty much on par and I'm not even including our pet damage. And as far as I remember most buffs for war is in pve except for greatsword last chain and first chain. Cause in reality their damage shouldn't be on par with Ranger cause we have to include damage from pets it's only right that their damage got buff. Lol. Before pre patch our last auto is 60 damage higher with higher power Coefficient though only by 0.05 than warriors.

Wait... rangers have (had) a higher base damage AND coefficient than warrior? On anything? That is ridiculous.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> So much salt. Ranger, compared to at least half the professions, is in a pretty good place. I mean, power rev needed a buff. Had to have one. Scrapper needed a buff. Had to have one. I main a soulbeast and I have no problem in any content I run. Bug fixes and some pet changes for Soul Beast are fine. No one I know is kicking Soulbeasts from T4 Fractals or raids to my knowledge.

Well, here is a newsflash. Asking for undertuned stuff to be worked on doesn't equal having "problem in any content".

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > So much salt. Ranger, compared to at least half the professions, is in a pretty good place. I mean, power rev needed a buff. Had to have one. Scrapper needed a buff. Had to have one. I main a soulbeast and I have no problem in any content I run. Bug fixes and some pet changes for Soul Beast are fine. No one I know is kicking Soulbeasts from T4 Fractals or raids to my knowledge.

>

> Well, here is a newsflash. Asking for undertuned stuff to be worked on doesn't equal having "problem in any content".

Logic dictates that the stuff that most needs to be changed should be the priority. Not the stuff that could be improved. No company has unlimited budget in time or money. Therefore they have to prioritize. Anet doesn't always get their priorities right but I think this time, for the most part, they did.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> So much salt. Ranger, compared to at least half the professions, is in a pretty good place.

I am agree with this one.

> I main a soulbeast and I have no problem in any content I run.

I am agree with this one too ... but

> I mean, power rev needed a buff. Had to have one. Scrapper needed a buff. Had to have one.

Do you think condi ranger is better than power revenant ? I think ranger is the only class who is just garbage regarding condi build in WvW for example. And remember we are in PoF already, so main focus of Anet is on new specialization ... and from what I know and meet in fights Holosmit and Renegade are pretty good too in WvW.

Yes, I know , I always speak only about WvW or sPVP ... that's why when we make a post we must specify if it's regarding PVE or PVP.

In the same time, I can say Bird (White Owl special) is a very thing now :D . It's like our escape pod, disengage, etc. Every 10 sec you can leap with F1 for 1200 units, perma speed with F2. I think now, only thief can catch us, when we wear GS, because we have every 10 sec 2 big leap who gives us 2400 units of leap. This was a good buf, I hope they will not nerf too soon, because many will complain about Soulbeast disengage mode.

> @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> In the same time, I can say Bird (White Owl special) is a very thing now :D . It's like our escape pod, disengage, etc. Every 10 sec you can leap with F1 for 1200 units, perma speed with F2. I think now, only thief can catch us, when we wear GS, because we have every 10 sec 2 big leap who gives us 2400 units of leap. This was a good buf, I hope they will not nerf too soon, because many will complain about Soulbeast disengage mode.

Really doubtful they will Nerf it cause it's meant to be doing that in the first place. They should've addressed that before POF was even launched.

> In the same time, I can say Bird (White Owl special) is a very thing now :D . It's like our escape pod, disengage, etc. Every 10 sec you can leap with F1 for 1200 units, perma speed with F2. I think now, only thief can catch us, when we wear GS, because we have every 10 sec 2 big leap who gives us 2400 units of leap. This was a good buf, I hope they will not nerf too soon, because many will complain about Soulbeast disengage mode.

I'll vouch for this pet as well - I was doing map completion in the level 1-15 zones over the last few days, and for fun was trying to buff the new players to help them on their way. The F1 skill was great for catching up with people on foot and between the F2, warhorn, moa stance and traited shouts I could stack around 1.5 to 2 minutes of swiftness in a single burst. For philanthropy it's a top tier choice! =)

> > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > You think Rangers got it bad. Look at the necro nerfs...again.

>

> You are joking , right ? Necro, and specially Scourge wast just fixed ... his aoe damage and defensive stats were insane after the last patch. Now they just lower a little the damage but they make his defensive more powerful ... so Necro is just very fine where it is now.

Necros have...basically...nothing now. Take a look at the DPS charts. Only specific mesmer builds are worse off. It's not even close. Before a necro can even close in (due to range issues), a ranger should be able to arrow it down. No chance.

> @"misterman.1530" said:

> > @"Dragonzhunter.8506" said:

> > > @"misterman.1530" said:

> > > You think Rangers got it bad. Look at the necro nerfs...again.

> >

> > You are joking , right ? Necro, and specially Scourge wast just fixed ... his aoe damage and defensive stats were insane after the last patch. Now they just lower a little the damage but they make his defensive more powerful ... so Necro is just very fine where it is now.

>

> Necros have...basically...nothing now. Take a look at the DPS charts. Only specific mesmer builds are worse off. It's not even close. Before a necro can even close in (due to range issues), a ranger should be able to arrow it down. No chance.

You are wrong misterman. A good Scourge (also the Reaper) will play very offensive , due to his teleport, cripple etc he can come very close to ranger. In the same time, a full Rapid Fire of ranger almost didn't get down necro barrier, with Marauder+Zephyr and Ferocious Pet. Like I said, before patch Scourge was a little bit too tanky and with a large amount of AOE damage, after patch he got more defensive stats but , yes, he lost some dps. If you are a fair player, you must admit (like my friend who plays only necro) that AOE damage of Scourge before this patch was insane in a group fight. You must train more, and you will see you can come in close range to a ranger too. Ofc if a ranger only want to run away, this is it, you can do nothing, but neither him will not kill you if he only runs.

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > So much salt. Ranger, compared to at least half the professions, is in a pretty good place.

>

> I am agree with this one.

>

> > I main a soulbeast and I have no problem in any content I run.

>

> I am agree with this one too ... but

>

> > I mean, power rev needed a buff. Had to have one. Scrapper needed a buff. Had to have one.

>

> Do you think condi ranger is better than power revenant ? I think ranger is the only class who is just garbage regarding condi build in WvW for example. And remember we are in PoF already, so main focus of Anet is on new specialization ... and from what I know and meet in fights Holosmit and Renegade are pretty good too in WvW.

> Yes, I know , I always speak only about WvW or sPVP ... that's why when we make a post we must specify if it's regarding PVE or PVP.

I know there are rangers roaming around in WvW that are quite good. But not WvWing myself, I can't say. It probably has a higher skill ceiling to be good on a condi ranger though.

> @"Sandzibar.5134" said:

> I wished they'd move the snow owl merged swoop from F1 to F2... you know so that it uses the same key as the charge on the Gazelle, and the smokescale assault.

> Consistency is nice.

I agree....it's trivial in the great scheme of things and ultimately a learning curve thing, but it's one that doesn't need to be there. Like (Engineer) Photon Forge leap and their leap from sword is the same thing. It was suggested very long ago, but it would be nice to have movable skills like in gw1 or like we can w/ utility.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > So much salt. Ranger, compared to at least half the professions, is in a pretty good place. I mean, power rev needed a buff. Had to have one. Scrapper needed a buff. Had to have one. I main a soulbeast and I have no problem in any content I run. Bug fixes and some pet changes for Soul Beast are fine. No one I know is kicking Soulbeasts from T4 Fractals or raids to my knowledge.

> >

> > Well, here is a newsflash. Asking for undertuned stuff to be worked on doesn't equal having "problem in any content".

>

> Logic dictates that the stuff that most needs to be changed should be the priority. Not the stuff that could be improved. No company has unlimited budget in time or money. Therefore they have to prioritize. Anet doesn't always get their priorities right but I think this time, for the most part, they did.

Is condi ranger ever seen in pvp or wvw? Not really. Is power ranger considered useful in pve even after the changes last patch? No. Useable, sure (after the last patch), but pointless to bring. Has it been like this for a LONG time now? Yes.

People have whined about power rev viability for a while, but condi ranger has barely been relevant in pvp since the specialization changes before HoT.

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > So much salt. Ranger, compared to at least half the professions, is in a pretty good place. I mean, power rev needed a buff. Had to have one. Scrapper needed a buff. Had to have one. I main a soulbeast and I have no problem in any content I run. Bug fixes and some pet changes for Soul Beast are fine. No one I know is kicking Soulbeasts from T4 Fractals or raids to my knowledge.

> > >

> > > Well, here is a newsflash. Asking for undertuned stuff to be worked on doesn't equal having "problem in any content".

> >

> > Logic dictates that the stuff that most needs to be changed should be the priority. Not the stuff that could be improved. No company has unlimited budget in time or money. Therefore they have to prioritize. Anet doesn't always get their priorities right but I think this time, for the most part, they did.

>

> Is condi ranger ever seen in pvp or wvw? Not really. Is power ranger considered useful in pve even after the changes last patch? No. Useable, sure (after the last patch), but pointless to bring. Has it been like this for a LONG time now? Yes.

>

> People have whined about power rev viability for a while, but condi ranger has barely been relevant in pvp since the specialization changes before HoT.

I did some comparison with regards to renegade shortbow and ranger shortbow, its funny that ANEt increased Renegades SB damage when people were complaining about them we complained for years for SB damage as well but nothing was done look at the comparison for Shortbow damage

**RENEGADE**

**SCATTERSHOT** Renegade auto attack

~~Damage.png Damage: 183 (0.5)?~~ (Shattershot: Increased damage by 30% in PvP and WvW) Damage: 237.90 (0.5 power coefficient)

**Bleeding (3s): 66 Damage**

Number of Targets: 5

Radius: 120

Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% chance)

Range: 900

**RANGER**

**Crossfire** Ranger auto attack

Damage: 147 (0.4)?

**_ Bleeding (3s): 66 Damage (IF FLANKING)_**

**Bleeding (1½s): 33 Damage**

Range: 900

Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile (20% chance)

I mean raw damage alone we lose already, and bleeding application? Rev doesnt need to flank. Now who can give me a decent explanation from ANet why so? Is it because its a specialization so it has to deal more damage? LOL