Can barely get to 8-9k on dps golem.

TastyTofu.3597

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> Confusion definitely feels undertuned in PvE. That said, I'm in favor of shifting its damage to on-attack rather than passive.

>

> Conditions need a rework. Bleed and Burn do the exact same thing. Poison also does the same thing in PvE where enemies do not heal. Torment is the only condition which is slightly unique.

>

> With a proper Confusion rework, they can make it something that you use skillfully at the right time when you know your enemy is going to be attacking a lot, rather than something you ramp up over battle. It should not be spammed off cool-down. Confusion should be used skillfully, something on the side from your bleed and torment to achieve a dps increase if used at the right time.

>

> ANET, we need to talk about *Purity of Purpose*. Confusion is the very essence of what a Mesmer should be: Punishing an enemy for their actions. It is one of the only unique conditions in that regard, and I want you to do it justice, damnit!

It would be interesting if condi mesmer in pop relied on bursting confusion in response to enemy animations and before their abilities went off. I don't know how practical that would be to implement, but it would be way more interesting than just stacking dot.

> @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > Confusion definitely feels undertuned in PvE. That said, I'm in favor of shifting its damage to on-attack rather than passive.

> >

> > Conditions need a rework. Bleed and Burn do the exact same thing. Poison also does the same thing in PvE where enemies do not heal. Torment is the only condition which is slightly unique.

> >

> > With a proper Confusion rework, they can make it something that you use skillfully at the right time when you know your enemy is going to be attacking a lot, rather than something you ramp up over battle. It should not be spammed off cool-down. Confusion should be used skillfully, something on the side from your bleed and torment to achieve a dps increase if used at the right time.

> >

> > ANET, we need to talk about *Purity of Purpose*. Confusion is the very essence of what a Mesmer should be: Punishing an enemy for their actions. It is one of the only unique conditions in that regard, and I want you to do it justice, damnit!

>

> It would be interesting if condi mesmer in pop relied on bursting confusion in response to enemy animations and before their abilities went off. I don't know how practical that would be to implement, but it would be way more interesting than just stacking dot.

Going by GW1 logic, I imagine Confusion should be a condition with a short duration, high cooldown, high damage when used right, no damage when used wrong. It should not be something that a player perpetually maintains on another player or even boss for that matter. Confusion should be countered by simply not attacking during its duration.

For the sake of reference, GW1 handled Confusion with a hex spell ("condition") called Empathy, which damaged a player each time they used an attack. What a Mesmer would then do is use a skill called Wastrel's Worry, which did damage to an enemy if they didn't attack. The idea was to create moments of tension where a player decides if they want the damage from Confusion or from the skill Wastrel's Worry, with mind games going back and forth between players as they try to bait a specific action. The coolest moments of GW1 Mesmer were when they would use Wastrel's Worry to tempt an enemy into using a skill, then using a nicely timed interrupt to do massive damage. GW1 Mesmer was all about trying to bait the enemy.

I think the reversion of Confusion into something like the way it was at launch is a huge step in the right direction. i'd like to see the GW1 Mesmer gameplay expanded even more in GW2, featuring more Riposte-style attacks that deal massive damage upon block, more interrupts, and skills that punish an enemy for not using a skill.

> @"Henrik.7560" said:

> > @"TastyTofu.3597" said:

> > I did more damage by just having phantasms out pre-patch.

>

> - Add buffs to yourself. search up a raid site and visit their benchmarks page to see the realistic/appropriate buffs to add.

> - Add 25vul on the golem, and other condis if needed.

> - Don't stop attacking it after hitting it once, your dps will be recorded over the entire time that golem is alive from the first hit you do to it.

> - visit my latest creation if you need a build

>

So after some testing, phantasms haven't changed in that they don't inherit crit chance from stuff like Danger time. I can also see it in your video with phantasms not always critting. I think adding some assassins gear/cheaper food to cap crit and dropping Danger time (I know it's still a 10% crit dmg loss but not for phantasms) for Improved alacrity might be worth it. Going from 20 to 40% skill recharge is going to do a lot for Chronos since most of the damage comes from skills with CD. Also a more fun rotation if you like spamming stuff more. A chrono or Rev will still be giving you alacrity and your build shatters (flow of time) so reduced duration isn't a problem.

What's also cool about that build is that it brings the "Chrono utility" like CS moa, and focus 4 which reduces the need for Chrono over Rev. I also think WoC and gravity would be DPS increases. Maybe the defender (500% bonus!) in actual raids if it blocks enough. Anyhow, awesome job at actually trying instead of whining.