Why I really like the Mesmer changes (except confusion change / Feb. 6th)

Sodeni.6041

> @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > Something I like that I'm not sure has any practical purpose:

> >

> > Veil+Escape Artist lets you repeatedly create clones by reapplying the stealth. Could be nice.

>

> ok, I just tried using escape artist in wvw, and neither veil nor decoy created the expected clone (aside from decoy's original clone that is). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

>

You were for sure in combat?

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > > @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > > Something I like that I'm not sure has any practical purpose:

> > >

> > > Veil+Escape Artist lets you repeatedly create clones by reapplying the stealth. Could be nice.

> >

> > ok, I just tried using escape artist in wvw, and neither veil nor decoy created the expected clone (aside from decoy's original clone that is). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

> >

>

> You were for sure in combat?

>

This! It works, unless they broke it in the last week, which I doubt.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > > > @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > > > Something I like that I'm not sure has any practical purpose:

> > > >

> > > > Veil+Escape Artist lets you repeatedly create clones by reapplying the stealth. Could be nice.

> > >

> > > ok, I just tried using escape artist in wvw, and neither veil nor decoy created the expected clone (aside from decoy's original clone that is). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

> > >

> >

> > You were for sure in combat?

> >

> This! It works, unless they broke it in the last week, which I doubt.

>

Well it’s possible considering who they happen to to be... lol.

I’ve not tried it in WvW just PvP so it could be bugged there but I wouldn’t think so.

On another note.. if it wouldn’t be so gimmicky I wonder how a condi roamer would fare using EA, SoE, and SoI? Guaranteed heal every 10 seconds with SoI, use mirage with traited jaunt, deceptive Evasion, etc. In theory you’d be very hard to lock down and with the contestant stream of small heals you’d be able to troll nonstop. Run something like Marshal/Apothocary maybe?

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > > > > @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > > > > Something I like that I'm not sure has any practical purpose:

> > > > >

> > > > > Veil+Escape Artist lets you repeatedly create clones by reapplying the stealth. Could be nice.

> > > >

> > > > ok, I just tried using escape artist in wvw, and neither veil nor decoy created the expected clone (aside from decoy's original clone that is). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

> > > >

> > >

> > > You were for sure in combat?

> > >

> > This! It works, unless they broke it in the last week, which I doubt.

> >

>

> Well it’s possible considering who they happen to to be... lol.

> I’ve not tried it in WvW just PvP so it could be bugged there but I wouldn’t think so.

>

> On another note.. if it wouldn’t be so gimmicky I wonder how a condi roamer would fare using EA, SoE, and SoI? Guaranteed heal every 10 seconds with SoI, use mirage with traited jaunt, deceptive Evasion, etc. In theory you’d be very hard to lock down and with the contestant stream of small heals you’d be able to troll nonstop. Run something like Marshal/Apothocary maybe?

Correct me if I’m wrong but the scaling is negligible.

Edit: I’m on my way home, I’ll hit you up within the hour.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > > > > > @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > > > > > Something I like that I'm not sure has any practical purpose:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Veil+Escape Artist lets you repeatedly create clones by reapplying the stealth. Could be nice.

> > > > >

> > > > > ok, I just tried using escape artist in wvw, and neither veil nor decoy created the expected clone (aside from decoy's original clone that is). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You were for sure in combat?

> > > >

> > > This! It works, unless they broke it in the last week, which I doubt.

> > >

> >

> > Well it’s possible considering who they happen to to be... lol.

> > I’ve not tried it in WvW just PvP so it could be bugged there but I wouldn’t think so.

> >

> > On another note.. if it wouldn’t be so gimmicky I wonder how a condi roamer would fare using EA, SoE, and SoI? Guaranteed heal every 10 seconds with SoI, use mirage with traited jaunt, deceptive Evasion, etc. In theory you’d be very hard to lock down and with the contestant stream of small heals you’d be able to troll nonstop. Run something like Marshal/Apothocary maybe?

>

> Correct me if I’m wrong but the scaling is negligible.

>

> Edit: I’m on my way home, I’ll hit you up within the hour.

Extremely. 1000 healing power might net an extra 50-75 health on heal. Like I said it would be a gimmick build nothing for “serious” roaming just trolling.

> > @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > > @"atlashugged.7642" said:

> > > Something I like that I'm not sure has any practical purpose:

> > >

> > > Veil+Escape Artist lets you repeatedly create clones by reapplying the stealth. Could be nice.

> >

> > ok, I just tried using escape artist in wvw, and neither veil nor decoy created the expected clone (aside from decoy's original clone that is). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

> >

>

> You were for sure in combat?

>

well, it was turning towards me to attack, I had not attacked it, but I was pretty close to it. Does one of us actually have to have hit the other first then for it to work?

> @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > > >

> > > > Veil+Escape Artist lets you repeatedly create clones by reapplying the stealth. Could be nice.

> > >

> > > ok, I just tried using escape artist in wvw, and neither veil nor decoy created the expected clone (aside from decoy's original clone that is). Is there a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

> > >

> >

> >

>

> well, it was turning towards me to attack, I had not attacked it, but I was pretty close to it. Does one of us actually have to have hit the other first then for it to work?

>

you weren't in combat!

> @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> well, it was turning towards me to attack, I had not attacked it, but I was pretty close to it. Does one of us actually have to have hit the other first then for it to work?

>

Yes, you must be in combat for it to work.