• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > Power GS and S/S Chrono 31.2k

> > https://gyazo.com/2e8be9be9a980052fc98bde6aa983ad1

>

> In your fights, did you use GS more often or the sword more often?

It's a mixed between the two. You use GS when Signet of Ether is off cooldown so that you can spam Berserkers and added bonus if you can get Continuum Split for additional ones. Then you swap back to sword after unleashing your GS burst.

> @"kventura.8356" said:

> > Power GS and S/S Chrono 31.2k

> > https://gyazo.com/2e8be9be9a980052fc98bde6aa983ad1

>

> thats for pve? may i have the build please? im new to mesmer so i dont know what power gs consist of

Build is standard Zerk with Scholars, GS and S/S.

Domi 2-2-1

Dueling 1-3-1

Chrono 2-1-3

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > Power GS and S/S Chrono 31.2k

> > > https://gyazo.com/2e8be9be9a980052fc98bde6aa983ad1

> >

> > In your fights, did you use GS more often or the sword more often?

>

> It's a mixed between the two. You use GS when Signet of Ether is off cooldown so that you can spam Berserkers and added bonus if you can get Continuum Split for additional ones. Then you swap back to sword after unleashing your GS burst.

>

> > @"kventura.8356" said:

> >

> > thats for pve? may i have the build please? im new to mesmer so i dont know what power gs consist of

>

> Build is standard Zerk with Scholars, GS and S/S.

> Domi 2-2-1

> Dueling 1-3-1

> Chrono 2-1-3

Thanks. Do you think it would likely help by mixing some assassin gear in? Lots of traits seem to rely on critical hits.

What is your opinion regarding how this builds compares to the S/S S/F Chrono power build?

> > @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> >

> > In your fights, did you use GS more often or the sword more often?

>

> It's a mixed between the two. You use GS when Signet of Ether is off cooldown so that you can spam Berserkers and added bonus if you can get Continuum Split for additional ones. Then you swap back to sword after unleashing your GS burst.

>

> > @"kventura.8356" said:

> >

> > thats for pve? may i have the build please? im new to mesmer so i dont know what power gs consist of

>

> Build is standard Zerk with Scholars, GS and S/S.

> Domi 2-2-1

> Dueling 1-3-1

> Chrono 2-1-3

try swapping Domi with Illu, might be better. Test it out and see if its indeed or not

For the power shatter chrono I got about 1k higher with domination 2-1-2 instead of illusions 1-2-1. But it probably comes down to the need for things like volnerability, quickness, boon clears to pick the best one in each situation

Does condi staff mirage get 31k+ in a 5 man group?

> @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > Power GS and S/S Chrono 31.2k

> > > > https://gyazo.com/2e8be9be9a980052fc98bde6aa983ad1

> > >

> > > In your fights, did you use GS more often or the sword more often?

> >

> > It's a mixed between the two. You use GS when Signet of Ether is off cooldown so that you can spam Berserkers and added bonus if you can get Continuum Split for additional ones. Then you swap back to sword after unleashing your GS burst.

> >

> > > @"kventura.8356" said:

> > >

> > > thats for pve? may i have the build please? im new to mesmer so i dont know what power gs consist of

> >

> > Build is standard Zerk with Scholars, GS and S/S.

> > Domi 2-2-1

> > Dueling 1-3-1

> > Chrono 2-1-3

>

> try swapping Domi with Illu, might be better. Test it out and see if its indeed or not

GS is useless without Domi :/

Domi/Duel is the best set up I tried.

Duel/Illu is better for Sw/Sw and F builds though.

> > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > > @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > > Power GS and S/S Chrono 31.2k

> > > > > https://gyazo.com/2e8be9be9a980052fc98bde6aa983ad1

> > > >

> > > > In your fights, did you use GS more often or the sword more often?

> > >

> > > It's a mixed between the two. You use GS when Signet of Ether is off cooldown so that you can spam Berserkers and added bonus if you can get Continuum Split for additional ones. Then you swap back to sword after unleashing your GS burst.

> > >

> > > > @"kventura.8356" said:

> > > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > > Power GS and S/S Chrono 31.2k

> > > > > https://gyazo.com/2e8be9be9a980052fc98bde6aa983ad1

> > > >

> > > > thats for pve? may i have the build please? im new to mesmer so i dont know what power gs consist of

> > >

> > > Build is standard Zerk with Scholars, GS and S/S.

> > > Domi 2-2-1

> > > Dueling 1-3-1

> > > Chrono 2-1-3

> >

> > try swapping Domi with Illu, might be better. Test it out and see if its indeed or not

>

> GS is useless without Domi :/

> Domi/Duel is the best set up I tried.

>

> Duel/Illu is better for Sw/Sw and F builds though.

oh actually i tought we was talking about Sword builds, so thats why i came up with the illu thing

> @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > > @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > >

> > > In your fights, did you use GS more often or the sword more often?

> >

> > It's a mixed between the two. You use GS when Signet of Ether is off cooldown so that you can spam Berserkers and added bonus if you can get Continuum Split for additional ones. Then you swap back to sword after unleashing your GS burst.

> >

> > > @"kventura.8356" said:

> > >

> > > thats for pve? may i have the build please? im new to mesmer so i dont know what power gs consist of

> >

> > Build is standard Zerk with Scholars, GS and S/S.

> > Domi 2-2-1

> > Dueling 1-3-1

> > Chrono 2-1-3

>

> Thanks. Do you think it would likely help by mixing some assassin gear in? Lots of traits seem to rely on critical hits.

> What is your opinion regarding how this builds compares to the S/S S/F Chrono power build?

Can't really say which is better since I'm not that good of a player and I got 31k on both builds, I'd say they're roughly equal, just that the Sword only version does better burst damage and the GS version does more spread AoE.

> @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> > > > > @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > > > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > > > Power GS and S/S Chrono 31.2k

> > > > > > https://gyazo.com/2e8be9be9a980052fc98bde6aa983ad1

> > > > >

> > > > > In your fights, did you use GS more often or the sword more often?

> > > >

> > > > It's a mixed between the two. You use GS when Signet of Ether is off cooldown so that you can spam Berserkers and added bonus if you can get Continuum Split for additional ones. Then you swap back to sword after unleashing your GS burst.

> > > >

> > > > > @"kventura.8356" said:

> > > > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > > > Power GS and S/S Chrono 31.2k

> > > > > > https://gyazo.com/2e8be9be9a980052fc98bde6aa983ad1

> > > > >

> > > > > thats for pve? may i have the build please? im new to mesmer so i dont know what power gs consist of

> > > >

> > > > Build is standard Zerk with Scholars, GS and S/S.

> > > > Domi 2-2-1

> > > > Dueling 1-3-1

> > > > Chrono 2-1-3

> > >

> > > try swapping Domi with Illu, might be better. Test it out and see if its indeed or not

> >

> > GS is useless without Domi :/

> > Domi/Duel is the best set up I tried.

> >

> > Duel/Illu is better for Sw/Sw and F builds though.

>

> oh actually i tought we was talking about Sword builds, so thats why i came up with the illu thing

The reworked Imagined Burden really helped GS a lot.

> @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > So i've decided to benchmark the builds.

> > Vipers Clone mirage Duel/Mirage/Illusion 21k dps down from 27k

> > Core Mesmer Power 21k dps ( I do not know core mesmer rotation, i had well runes on so theres more dps there)

> >

> > Working on Mirage power please share fellow mesmers.

> > And Chrono Power.

> >

> > Update Mirage Power 14k dps i must be doing something wrong I'm not sure.

> > Update Chrono Power at 17k Although i'm not using the free clone generation wisely for shatters.

> >

> > Seems to me that core might be best Mesmer dps spec.

> So we have this...

> > @"Henrik.7560" said:

> >

> > fifteen characters

> And then we have this and the following link showing 34k.

> https://imgur.com/8Q3JQdz

>

> Doing literally nothing but auto attack (no F1, sword 2, MoP, literally nothing but auto attack) on zerker chrono (exotic armor no infusions rest is ascended) with food and standard buffs gets me ~16.7k DPS vs a golem. Genesis, if I can equal your power chrono numbers with auto attacks while other people are doing double your damage, it is disingenuous to call your numbers benchmarks.

You didn't read my post when i said I DO not know the rotation and this was over 10million hp i doubt you maintained 17k dps on 10m hp but okay feel free to sling insults all day.

thanks to the rest of you guys for sharing.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> I'm having a hard time breaking 24k with Mirage now. Every build sits around the 21k mark. None of these tests were with food or utility:

>

> Shatter mirage with Illusions 3/3/2 and Infinite Horizons: 20k

> Shatter mirage with Dune Cloak: 23k

> Chaos Mirage with Infinite Horizon: 23k

> Chaos mirage with Dune Cloak: 24k

> Pure Staff Infinite Horizon: 27k

> Pure Staff Dune Cloak: 18k

> Staff Clones + Axe/Torch: 27k

>

> Throughout all this, I wonder how much the on-action confusion damage will actually do. With my current build, sitting at 2698 condition damage, confusion does 301 damage on skill activation. Doing the standard axe + torch/pistol rotation, I can have anywhere from 15 to 55 stacks of confusion. For the sake of argument, I will say that I sustain around 30 stacks. This means that, on skill activation, the enemy will do 9k damage to themselves.

>

> For infinite chaos to match pure staff, that would have to be an enemy that attacks roughly once every two seconds. In comparison, the pure staff build sustains very little confusion at all, getting random bits from Crystal Sands and Jaunt, so it caps out at 27k period. Also, I can't vouch for the AoE damage that staff would do.

Thanks was this realistic buffs or max buffs on everything my benchmarks were on realistics buffs large target on 10million hp.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > I'm having a hard time breaking 24k with Mirage now. Every build sits around the 21k mark. None of these tests were with food or utility:

> >

> > Shatter mirage with Illusions 3/3/2 and Infinite Horizons: 20k

> > Shatter mirage with Dune Cloak: 23k

> > Chaos Mirage with Infinite Horizon: 23k

> > Chaos mirage with Dune Cloak: 24k

> > Pure Staff Infinite Horizon: 27k

> > Pure Staff Dune Cloak: 18k

> > Staff Clones + Axe/Torch: 27k

> >

> > Throughout all this, I wonder how much the on-action confusion damage will actually do. With my current build, sitting at 2698 condition damage, confusion does 301 damage on skill activation. Doing the standard axe + torch/pistol rotation, I can have anywhere from 15 to 55 stacks of confusion. For the sake of argument, I will say that I sustain around 30 stacks. This means that, on skill activation, the enemy will do 9k damage to themselves.

> >

> > For infinite chaos to match pure staff, that would have to be an enemy that attacks roughly once every two seconds. In comparison, the pure staff build sustains very little confusion at all, getting random bits from Crystal Sands and Jaunt, so it caps out at 27k period. Also, I can't vouch for the AoE damage that staff would do.

>

> Thanks was this realistic buffs or max buffs on everything my benchmarks were on realistics buffs large target on 10million hp.

It was fairly realistic. I assume it is the same standards that Qt and snowcrows uses.

All boons.

Two Banners, Empower Allies.

Spotter, Frost Spirit, Sun Spirit.

Enemy golem is small, 4 million HP, with capped vulnerability.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:

> > > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > So i've decided to benchmark the builds.

> > > Vipers Clone mirage Duel/Mirage/Illusion 21k dps down from 27k

> > > Core Mesmer Power 21k dps ( I do not know core mesmer rotation, i had well runes on so theres more dps there)

> > >

> > > Working on Mirage power please share fellow mesmers.

> > > And Chrono Power.

> > >

> > > Update Mirage Power 14k dps i must be doing something wrong I'm not sure.

> > > Update Chrono Power at 17k Although i'm not using the free clone generation wisely for shatters.

> > >

> > > Seems to me that core might be best Mesmer dps spec.

> > So we have this...

> > > @"Henrik.7560" said:

> > >

> > > fifteen characters

> > And then we have this and the following link showing 34k.

> > https://imgur.com/8Q3JQdz

> >

> > Doing literally nothing but auto attack (no F1, sword 2, MoP, literally nothing but auto attack) on zerker chrono (exotic armor no infusions rest is ascended) with food and standard buffs gets me ~16.7k DPS vs a golem. Genesis, if I can equal your power chrono numbers with auto attacks while other people are doing double your damage, it is disingenuous to call your numbers benchmarks.

>

> You didn't read my post when i said I DO not know the rotation and this was over 10million hp i doubt you maintained 17k dps on 10m hp but okay feel free to sling insults all day.

>

> thanks to the rest of you guys for sharing.

>

Again, literally nothing but auto attack. Ctrl+right click skill 1. It doesn't matter if it's 4 mill, 10 mill or a billion health on that golem. I afkd while watching a youtube video and came back to that number.

I did read your post saying you don't know the rotation. If your attempt is on par with auto attacking, and you admit you don't know the rotation, it shouldn't be called a benchmark in any sense of the word.

> @"Josa.5067" said:

>

>

> It's pretty broken on big hitboxes...

>

> 47.5K for those that didn't look in the chat.

> 42K on the medium golem.

>

> Dueling 1-1-1

> Chaos 1- 2 -3

> Mirage 1-1-1

That largest golem version inflates the damage for some reason, it's not accurate

> @"IonoI.3956" said:

> > @"Josa.5067" said:

> >

> >

> > It's pretty broken on big hitboxes...

> >

> > 47.5K for those that didn't look in the chat.

> > 42K on the medium golem.

> >

> > Dueling 1-1-1

> > Chaos 1- 2 -3

> > Mirage 1-1-1

>

> That largest golem version inflates the damage for some reason, it's not accurate

That bug was fixed a long while ago. (Assuming you mean the one where the largest golem had basically no toughness...)

But still, it's 42K on the medium golem.

Chaos Vortex hits big targets multiple times very often, which is why it does more damage against larger enemies.

> @"Josa.5067" said:

> It works best if you can make your clones stack on top of eachother, because you need to Chaos Vortexes to hit the target at around the same time for the bug to happen.

I don't think that's the trick, this video has clones far apart and gets almost 48k. I believe it works best if you summon them far away from the golem, but I haven't tried it much myself.

> @"MikeL.8260" said:

> I said it earlier too, benchmarks (on golems) don't work anymore for condi Mesmer cause of the confusion changes.

Can easily be esimated though. Add some marginal damage every 4-5 seconds and you're good. As always, Confusion's on-usage damage is a non-factor in PvE not because of how little it hits for but for how infrequently it happens.

> @"Josa.5067" said:

> But still, it's 42K on the medium golem.

>

> Chaos Vortex hits big targets multiple times very often, which is why it does more damage against larger enemies.

I think it actually hits medium targets twice already. I mean I can't see this last, but it makes Staff feel somewhat relevant again, feels nearly as great as the game felt at release. :grin: