Post your benchmarks.

Genesis.5169

> @"Josa.5067" said:

>

>

> It's pretty broken on big hitboxes...

>

> 47.5K for those that didn't look in the chat.

> 42K on the medium golem.

>

> Dueling 1-1-1

> Chaos 1- 2 -3

> Mirage 1-1-1

Thank you for the video! I have always wished for staff to be great because it is my preferred weapon and now it is. What gear, runes, and food were you using?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Anela.3867" said:

> > @"Josa.5067" said:

> >

> >

> > It's pretty broken on big hitboxes...

> >

> > 47.5K for those that didn't look in the chat.

> > 42K on the medium golem.

> >

> > Dueling 1-1-1

> > Chaos 1- 2 -3

> > Mirage 1-1-1

>

> Thank you for the video! I have always wished for staff to be great because it is my preferred weapon and now it is. What gear, runes, and food were you using?

>

>

I'm going to assume full Viper gear with Berserker runes, Sigil of Malice and Sigil of Energy (for procing Mirage Cloak more often). Looks like he weapon swaps into staff just to proc Sigil of Energy. Standard condi food Veggie Pizza and Toxic Crystal.

Edit - this is what I think he has setup:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAWWnELDNohVoBGMDMMjlVDzfAmAfglbgiTAwMGsc6JA-jxxHQBjTXAAuEA06JAMP1fI3+DDU5XGVCSKgFVWB-e

Here are the builds that I believe are being tested in this thread as a summary.

**Power builds:**

Sword/Shield/Sword - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs+cnsICdohtfC+pBEgilVjCdLOjqocDGhAoeZb2pF-jhRBABPcSAMTJIe6FA4BAc1+jyPKV/ZeQAgVVqqqKpAiYZE-e

Sword/Shield/Greatsword - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseRnsICdohtfC+pBEgilUjicAKhAo8DOhCo+Zj2rF-jhRBABmpEEP9BPcKAoU9nr2fU+BwTAIAwBgzP/8zP/8a+5nf+5nf+5nfepAiYZE-e

Sword/Focus/Shield - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAs9ensICdohtfC+pBEgilVjqeZb2ptcDGhAAdLOjqA-jhRBABUq+DAPAgr2fU+ZmSQ80L8wJBIAwBgzP/8zP/8a+5nf+5nf+5nfepAiYZE-e

**Condition builds:**

Staff/Staff - http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAWWnELDNohVoBGMDMMjlVDzfAmAfglbgiTAwMGsc6JA-jxxHQBZUJI52fYeq/QrnAwAV+NOdBA4SAQKgFVWB-e

Please let me know if I got any of these wrong :) Figured consolidation with actual build links would be a good place to start for everyone asking what builds are what.

EDIT:

Fixed the links, looks like I linked the same build three times. Derp.

> @"Mike Hawk.4835" said:

> > @"Anela.3867" said:

> > > @"Josa.5067" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > It's pretty broken on big hitboxes...

> > >

> > > 47.5K for those that didn't look in the chat.

> > > 42K on the medium golem.

> > >

> > > Dueling 1-1-1

> > > Chaos 1- 2 -3

> > > Mirage 1-1-1

> >

> > Thank you for the video! I have always wished for staff to be great because it is my preferred weapon and now it is. What gear, runes, and food were you using?

> >

> >

>

> I'm going to assume full Viper gear with Berserker runes, Sigil of Malice and Sigil of Energy (for procing Mirage Cloak more often). Looks like he weapon swaps into staff just to proc Sigil of Energy. Standard condi food Veggie Pizza and Toxic Crystal.

>

> Edit - this is what I think he has setup:

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAWWnELDNohVoBGMDMMjlVDzfAmAfglbgiTAwMGsc6JA-jxxHQBjTXAAuEA06JAMP1fI3+DDU5XGVCSKgFVWB-e

Thank you, Mike!

> @"RabbitUp.8294" said:

> > @"Josa.5067" said:

> > It works best if you can make your clones stack on top of eachother, because you need to Chaos Vortexes to hit the target at around the same time for the bug to happen.

>

> I don't think that's the trick, this video has clones far apart and gets almost 48k. I believe it works best if you summon them far away from the golem, but I haven't tried it much myself.

>

>

Yeah, but that golem is so big it doesn't really matter where the clones are. That doesn't work on the medium size golem. I only managed to make it work on medium if I stacked the clones.

> @"BrokenGlass.9356" said:

> How do you force clone stacking?

>

> I have been precasting the warlock, so I can distort just before they break, then cast 2 ambush. The clones from the warlocks are always a bit spread out.

>

> Do folk just use staff 2, and jaunt to build clones? If so, do we ever cast the warlocks?

Deception skills always spawn a clone right under you, if you have the trait. And if the target is big enough, it doesn't matter where the clones stand.

> @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > @"squallaus.8321" said:

> > its about the same as confusion version before the patch on a non moving non attacking target like the golem. so hasn't really changed much dps wise.

> So it's about the same as the power version dps wise?

no its the same as the condi version before the patch 2/6/2018. which was before the changes to confusion to be more "spike" damage.

I think it was about 32k?

> @"squallaus.8321" said:

> > @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > > @"squallaus.8321" said:

> > > its about the same as confusion version before the patch on a non moving non attacking target like the golem. so hasn't really changed much dps wise.

> > So it's about the same as the power version dps wise?

>

> no its the same as the condi version before the patch 2/6/2018. which was before the changes to confusion to be more "spike" damage.

> I think it was about 32k?

Oh, I was meant to say the power chrono (34k)...I guess both will be comparable now in real fights. Power chrono can do more than 34k in real fights due to Phantasmal Defender, but cleave from the axe and mirage evade are good, too.

I think the chrono will do higher dps against trash mobs against bosses probably about the same for both with chrono edging out a bit. chrono got less defense/evade and will have a more complex rotation if u incorporate continuum split in there too. so I think its about right balance wise with chrono power doing a bit more dps.

> @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> Hmmm....now, a new question. Since power chrono has low ramp up time now and condition takes time to do damage, would it be more preferable to take the power chrono build in the open world (except bounties)?

I am using Illusions, Dom and Chorno with GS. I have high Quickness uptime, Might hovers around 20-25 stacks and I can kill most Vets with just my initial burst.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > @"MyriadStars.5679" said:

> > Hmmm....now, a new question. Since power chrono has low ramp up time now and condition takes time to do damage, would it be more preferable to take the power chrono build in the open world (except bounties)?

>

> I am using Illusions, Dom and Chorno with GS. I have high Quickness uptime, Might hovers around 20-25 stacks and I can kill most Vets with just my initial burst.

Could you post your build?