Revert Phase Traversal NERF

Alveen.7239

This phase transversal nerf is a heavy blow...hopefully they do revert it as Karl said.

As for impossible odds...I can see some pro's and cons. If you already have a quickness source then it becomes more relevant than old impossible odds. The lowered upkeep lets you use a skill or two while channeling (and opens up facet of nature) and allows longer superspeed uptime. It procs focussed siphoning. Between auto-attack and skill use it seems to go off 4 times a second. Jalis hammers seem to hit 3 times a second. So it may actually be a power dps improvement.

Cons; not so useful at cleaving, kills hammer spammer, lost the 5-10% flat damage bonus.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > Impossible odds needs one of 3,

> >

> > *Revert

> > *Removal of ICD

> > *ICD per unique target instead of global

>

> Why ICD at all? I am spending kitten 8 energy for it, and is barely dealing same damage as Jalis hammers. It is supposed to be alternative for Jalis hammers in PvE and cleave in sPvP.

They can't give its quickness back and still keep the new Brutality trait they just created....

> @"XxsdgxX.8109" said:

> BTW if you are reading this @"Karl McLain.5604" , in my honest opinion you should add an ICD to the new trait ***Brutality***. Gives me the impression that you removed the quickness from *Impossible Odds* for the sake of balancing around that trait. And that trait right now is bound to have many balance issues in WvW.

It's only one stack though. More often than not most classes have around 10 of them lol Condi corrupt > brutality by far still.

> @"Wichidi.9281" said:

> > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

>

> u may wanna look into impossible odds as well because the dmg of impossible odds atm is nothing compared to the quickness aa cleave. if u honestly want to replace the quickness u should increase the dmg on impossible odds. like this its a straight up nerf to an underperforming class.

Not only is the damage not even close to old IO (it has a base damage of 146, which is barely higher than like a necro's scepter aa), but being able to spike quickness was literally your only hope of ever landing sword 4 or 5 on anybody who wasn't AFK.

> @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

Regardless of whether or not you do this,where do you guys see Revenant in 6 months time within WvW and structured PvP as a damage dealer(please discuss power and condi damage builds separate).

Also in theory, Imposible Odds could be restored,provided the new Brutality trait makes it so that we can consume an opponents stability stack to execute the secondary attack from the current version Imposible Odds,while we are affected by quickness. It will also be nice if the ICD on this enahnced attack be listed on this variant of the Brutality trait.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Wichidi.9281" said:

> > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

> >

> > u may wanna look into impossible odds as well because the dmg of impossible odds atm is nothing compared to the quickness aa cleave. if u honestly want to replace the quickness u should increase the dmg on impossible odds. like this its a straight up nerf to an underperforming class.

>

>

> Not only is the damage not even close to old IO (it has a base damage of 146, which is barely higher than like a necro's scepter aa), but being able to spike quickness was literally your only hope of ever landing sword 4 or 5 on anybody who wasn't AFK.

>

Inb4 "Brutality has quickness on weapon swap!" So I can swap out of sword to use sword skills!

> @"BeepBoopBap.2840" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Wichidi.9281" said:

> > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

> > >

> > > u may wanna look into impossible odds as well because the dmg of impossible odds atm is nothing compared to the quickness aa cleave. if u honestly want to replace the quickness u should increase the dmg on impossible odds. like this its a straight up nerf to an underperforming class.

> >

> >

> > Not only is the damage not even close to old IO (it has a base damage of 146, which is barely higher than like a necro's scepter aa), but being able to spike quickness was literally your only hope of ever landing sword 4 or 5 on anybody who wasn't AFK.

> >

>

> Inb4 "Brutality has quickness on weapon swap!" So I can swap out of sword to use sword skills!

You can swap out of staff as well.People will still complain they can't spam IO to farm resource nodes.

> @"Jack Skywalker.5674" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBap.2840" said:

> > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > @"Wichidi.9281" said:

> > > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > > Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

> > > >

> > > > u may wanna look into impossible odds as well because the dmg of impossible odds atm is nothing compared to the quickness aa cleave. if u honestly want to replace the quickness u should increase the dmg on impossible odds. like this its a straight up nerf to an underperforming class.

> > >

> > >

> > > Not only is the damage not even close to old IO (it has a base damage of 146, which is barely higher than like a necro's scepter aa), but being able to spike quickness was literally your only hope of ever landing sword 4 or 5 on anybody who wasn't AFK.

> > >

> >

> > Inb4 "Brutality has quickness on weapon swap!" So I can swap out of sword to use sword skills!

>

> You can swap out of staff as well.People will still complain they can't spam IO to farm resource nodes.

Or better yet, you can swap to shield and then have 25% less block time to get hit by an unblockable cc...!

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Jack Skywalker.5674" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBap.2840" said:

> > > > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > > > @"Wichidi.9281" said:

> > > > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > > > Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

> > > > >

> > > > > u may wanna look into impossible odds as well because the dmg of impossible odds atm is nothing compared to the quickness aa cleave. if u honestly want to replace the quickness u should increase the dmg on impossible odds. like this its a straight up nerf to an underperforming class.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not only is the damage not even close to old IO (it has a base damage of 146, which is barely higher than like a necro's scepter aa), but being able to spike quickness was literally your only hope of ever landing sword 4 or 5 on anybody who wasn't AFK.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Inb4 "Brutality has quickness on weapon swap!" So I can swap out of sword to use sword skills!

> >

> > You can swap out of staff as well.People will still complain they can't spam IO to farm resource nodes.

>

> Or better yet, you can swap to shield and then have 25% less block time to get hit by an unblockable cc...!

Did quickness do the same thing with UA?

> @"BeepBoopBap.2840" said:

> > @"narcx.3570" said:

> > > @"Wichidi.9281" said:

> > > > @"Karl McLain.5604" said:

> > > > Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

> > >

> > > u may wanna look into impossible odds as well because the dmg of impossible odds atm is nothing compared to the quickness aa cleave. if u honestly want to replace the quickness u should increase the dmg on impossible odds. like this its a straight up nerf to an underperforming class.

> >

> >

> > Not only is the damage not even close to old IO (it has a base damage of 146, which is barely higher than like a necro's scepter aa), but being able to spike quickness was literally your only hope of ever landing sword 4 or 5 on anybody who wasn't AFK.

> >

>

> Inb4 "Brutality has quickness on weapon swap!" So I can swap out of sword to use sword skills!

> > > > > Phase Traversal's distance check is something we'll be looking to remove (again) shortly, in an upcoming hotfix. I can't promise a specific time, as it's not my area.

> > > >

> > > > u may wanna look into impossible odds as well because the dmg of impossible odds atm is nothing compared to the quickness aa cleave. if u honestly want to replace the quickness u should increase the dmg on impossible odds. like this its a straight up nerf to an underperforming class.

> > >

> > >

> > > Not only is the damage not even close to old IO (it has a base damage of 146, which is barely higher than like a necro's scepter aa), but being able to spike quickness was literally your only hope of ever landing sword 4 or 5 on anybody who wasn't AFK.

> > >

> >

> > Inb4 "Brutality has quickness on weapon swap!" So I can swap out of sword to use sword skills!

>

> You can swap out of staff as well.People will still complain they can't spam IO to farm resource nodes.

Or you could swap to sword out of sword... seriously, we can have decent quickness uptime now without the energy cost and still have extra damage from IO, rev seems kinda broken damage and CC wise now, but it's more of a button mashing of never ending combos.

The more I play this, the more I like this change. Okay, we're waiting on the range revert, but this skill got much more fun and useful with this patch as far as actual damage is concerned. Since being nerfed to death in terms of energy and cooldown, I hardly ever used it – unless I REALLY needed to close distance fast it wasn't worth losing damage from Impossible Odds for the sake of the shadow step. Now it feels like Shiro used to feel at the start: shadowstepping from one target to another and decimating them. 35 energy was way too high for just a mobility skill, now it's fun and useful again.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

That's a huge nerf for WvW revenants! HUGE!

At least i can use coffee for quickness on dismount in PvE, but Revenants are unplayable in WvW now.

/s