wanting to get into fractals.

Wrongone.5763

I've been playing a warrior for pvp and wvw lately and now I want to get into doing fractals and thought I'd like to give my mesmer something to. I was interested in the power chrono/boonshare I've heard of. but I have no idea how to go about gearing. currently in full exotic zerker. and grabbed my asc zerker trinkets from warrior

> @"Wrongone.5763" said:

> no idea what chaotic persistence is.

> would the firebrand runes be a suitable choice to start with to farm out the leadership ones?

>

> so if I'm getting it right I should mostly be wearing zerker gear with a few trinkets and weapons being commanders?

Chaotic Persistence is a Minor Trait in the Chaos Trait Line of mesmer. For every you have you can 3% of boon duration increase. The key to Chrono is that they can maintain high duration of Quickness and Alacrity (Aka attack speed/Casting Speed + Cool Down reduction). Firebrand runes helps you maintain higher Quickness because of that. Right now with the new changes, Rotations would be different from the previous renditions so you might want to wait for a while to find out what is a good rotations now. OR you can develop one that works for yourself :) Welcome to the Boon Share Chrono Club my friend :)

Generally boon share mesmers are seen as a boon + breakbar monster not really on dps so you need a good team that can benefit from it. Or at least a team that knows what they are doing. Or else you should just go dps.

Think of Boon share mesmer as a multiplier. So if your Team is 100%, you make them into 200%, if your team is 10% you make them into 20% lol.

awesome thank you tales for putting it all that way. so if I use a skill builder with food and utility I want to be as close to 100% boon duration as possible.

still unsure which way to take gear thinking ill zerker gear half and half trinkets with zerker and commanders and weapons will be commanders to see how that works out.

so is the boon share build a different build the the power chrono I've been hearing about doing 32-34k?

> @"Wrongone.5763" said:

> awesome thank you tales for putting it all that way. so if I use a skill builder with food and utility I want to be as close to 100% boon duration as possible.

> still unsure which way to take gear thinking ill zerker gear half and half trinkets with zerker and commanders and weapons will be commanders to see how that works out.

>

> so is the boon share build a different build the the power chrono I've been hearing about doing 32-34k?

Hi, i main chrono in fractals. After the patch firebrand runes are much worse, but leadership runes had price reduced in half.

Its a diferent build, boonshare chrono is around 10-12k dps with comander/berserker variant and even lover with harrier (minstrell dps is not existent).

Problem is that you are usind HoT stats so exotic variant of those are very expensive.

I am oersonaly using commander/berzerker variant. Its harder to use/get used to because of sigil of concentration but it is best when you dont need to save your teamates.

If you have some black lion salvage kits i recomend geting full exotic berzserker, farming ascended trinkets from ls3 maps and get sigil of concentration and either of those 2 runes. Then when you get close to your first ascended parts, swap stats for comnander, salvage what you are using for zhe rune/sigil and replace it. For build try snowcrows

For start you dont need 100 bpon duration so this could be good start. Maybe you can start with timewarp as your elite in that case to improve uptime

I have enough mats and gold to craft a set of asc gear I'm quite sure which is kind of why I'm trying to hammer down what I need.

I havnt even started doing dragons stand meta yet for the leadership runes which is why I thought to try the firebrand runes in the mean time.

I have enough winterberries to buy one item so far so still working on that. I did grab all my warriors asc trinkets that are zerker stats. I also have 200+ laurels.

Firebrand runes have advantage in personal dps bu loses 20 percent of SoI boons (exept quickness). From top raid guilds point it didnt matter because alacrity didnt benefit from boon duration and rest of boons were provided by other clases or were not needed from dps perspective (if you dodge perfectly you dont need protection for exampe) but now when alacrity is a boon you are losing 20 percent of alacrity and it is not provided by other clases.

I dont know how expensive firebrand runes are. You have to decide yourself if it is worth to buy them when you might be swaping them soon.