Fun Poll: Why does the Necromancer forum have double the threads of other professions?

EremiteAngel.9765

Necromancer forum is currently sitting at 96 discussions compared to the next highest profession Mesmer at 55.

I always thought players who like necromancers were mostly dark and foreboding, like necromancers.

It turns out we are quite...chatty!

Just curious why we are creating almost twice the number of discussions as other professions!

People stay quiet when everything's fine. Scourge (and necro as a whole) has a lot of issues, both in design (but it's hard to build a workable spec on a flawed core to begin with) and balance (don't get me started, it's wrong on so many levels it's driving any logical mind to insanity).

In my personal, general, anecdotal, limited experience, most forum posters have disagreements in some form with the direction or implementation of their chosen pet profession, but Necromancers and Mesmers stand out as having the most forum goers that fundamentally disagree with the underlying design of their profession and agonize over it rather than accept Anet's vision.

> @Allarius.5670 said:

> In my personal, general, anecdotal, limited experience, most forum posters have disagreements in some form with the direction or implementation of their chosen pet profession, but Necromancers and Mesmers stand out as having the most forum goers that fundamentally disagree with the underlying design of their profession and agonize over it rather than accept Anet's vision.

To be fair, this is partially ANet's doing by stating their vision, then making changes that move away from the fulfillment of said vision.

> @Allarius.5670 said:

> In my personal, general, anecdotal, limited experience, most forum posters have disagreements in some form with the direction or implementation of their chosen pet profession, but Necromancers and Mesmers stand out as having the most forum goers that fundamentally disagree with the underlying design of their profession and agonize over it rather than accept Anet's vision.

Who would accept to eat turd at every served meal ?

Most necromancers ?

Then I guess I'm ill-mannered for spitting in the "soup".

> @Ara.4569 said:

> > @Allarius.5670 said:

> > In my personal, general, anecdotal, limited experience, most forum posters have disagreements in some form with the direction or implementation of their chosen pet profession, but Necromancers and Mesmers stand out as having the most forum goers that fundamentally disagree with the underlying design of their profession and agonize over it rather than accept Anet's vision.

>

> Who would accept to eat kitten at every served meal ?

> Most necromancers ?

> Then I guess I'm ill-mannered for spitting in the "soup".

Eating kittens is indeed horrible even for worst of villains. How, could they? Monsters...

There were too many fairly valid choices, imo. I should have put other.

But it is true. Necro players have a LOT to gripe about. Like a lot. And the class has a cult following of a lot of players. (I think engie has more problems, personally but it has fewer people playing it)

OFC each class has things that annoy them. I'm annoyed on rev by the fact that power is pretty bad and healing is scoffed at.

Necro? Power is garbage, healing doesn't exist, any sort of group utility AT ALL is either irrelevant or completely useless in experienced (and even most inexperienced) groups. Condi damage is reliant on a gimmick and has been since viper horrors, epidemic is more or less the anchor that is keeping necro from floating away into a sea of total uselessness, and deathshroud is insanely limiting and necro complaints seemingly get ignored by the "Second healthbar makes you tanky" arguement.

Not to mention buffs come slowly and are bizarre while they do not even address underline issues.

No matter what people think Forum Necromancy is a valid branch of magic.

Every dismayed groan from checking the last user's post date compared to the (intentionally or not) oblivious fresh Necro restores 1% of our maliciousness ~~and as Tesco tells us, every little helps~~. It's why we can dodge the burnout and keep coming back to play/study the way of the Necromancer in these 5 years.

There's a crapload of people who like the class in PvE because it's the best at slaughtering content solo, so as the consequence class is more popular.

More than a half of them don't have any better understanding of game mechanics, gamemodes played at decent level, but will gladly jump on a negativity bandwagon they noticed on reddit or forums.

Voila, the results.

> @Rym.1469 said:

> More than a half of them don't have any better understanding of game mechanics, gamemodes played at decent level, but will gladly jump on a negativity bandwagon they noticed on reddit or forums.

>

> Voila, the results.

Or you know, they could be dedicated players who notice the DPS and/or mechanics simply are poor and try to give more feedback than usual since people generally don't want Necro in high end PVE or content or meta SPVP. But who cares about facts right? Lets blame "negativity" rather than objectively poor gameplay performance for all this abundance of negative feedback.

Oh and the "necro highest population" option for this thread is not supported by any poll:

> @Substatic.6958 said:

> > @Rym.1469 said:

> > More than a half of them don't have any better understanding of game mechanics, gamemodes played at decent level, but will gladly jump on a negativity bandwagon they noticed on reddit or forums.

> >

> > Voila, the results.

>

> Or you know, they could be dedicated players who notice the DPS and/or mechanics simply are poor and try to give more feedback than usual since people generally don't want Necro in high end PVE or content or meta SPVP. But who cares about facts right? Lets blame "negativity" rather than objectively poor gameplay performance for all this abundance of negative feedback.

>

> Oh and the "necro highest population" option for this thread is not supported by any poll:

>

>

>

Necro has pretty much always been meta in spvp, just requires team support. People who think class is bad are just mad they can't yolo queue and clean up like when dhumfire was OP.

I just enjoy forums and chatting with people in general. I used to join open chat rooms in early 2000 because I like to explore peoples minds and make new friends. I feel that a lot of people are more open and honest on the internet and I like to pick at their brains.

I also very much enjoy helping people in any way that I can and I find forums to be a great place to do so. It doesn't have anything to do with being a Necromancer main for me.