What am I doing wrong? - Mirage

Toku.5972

Post-patch I can't seem to break 11k on the golem (no outside buffs).

I've tried a/sw, a/t, a/p and every combination of those.

I've tried 6x Renegade runes, and 3x Tormenting + 3x Trapper.

I have full Ascended Viper gear.

Malice in Axe, Energy in offhand. Swapping on cooldown. Symmetry on cooldown. Ambush every time I can. I've tried it with using the pistol and torch phantasm skills and without.

Did you try it before or after torment on axe change?

Also those high numbers others can do uses "standard" buffs. I guess its fury, 25 might, quickness, alacrity, both banners and spotter (maybe something else i forgot). Quickness multiply your whole damage (with those buffs) by either 1.33 or 1/0.66 (i am not sure how it is counted, maybe its diferent so then correct me please).

When quickness multiply the base of the damage, might and banners increse the base. In combination this can be huge increse from your 11k.

In andition, were you using food? Again huge upgrade to base damage and the one mirage is using gives more dodge uptime.

> @"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:

> Did you try it before or after torment on axe change?

> Also those high numbers others can do uses "standard" buffs. I guess its fury, 25 might, quickness, alacrity, both banners and spotter (maybe something else i forgot). Quickness multiply your whole damage (with those buffs) by either 1.33 or 1/0.66 (i am not sure how it is counted, maybe its diferent so then correct me please).

> When quickness multiply the base of the damage, might and banners increse the base. In combination this can be huge increse from your 11k.

> In andition, were you using food? Again huge upgrade to base damage and the one mirage is using gives more dodge uptime.

After the change.

With absolutely full buffs (*every* option on) I'm only hitting 23-24k. I should be hitting 32-34k

> @"Toku.5972" said:

> Post-patch I can't seem to break 11k on the golem (no outside buffs).

>

> I've tried a/sw, a/t, a/p and every combination of those.

>

> I've tried 6x Renegade runes, and 3x Tormenting + 3x Trapper.

>

> I have full Ascended Viper gear.

>

> Malice in Axe, Energy in offhand. Swapping on cooldown. Symmetry on cooldown. Ambush every time I can. I've tried it with using the pistol and torch phantasm skills and without.

Axe is dead.

Staff is dead.

Condi mirage is **dead**.

Thanks to Anet developers! :angry:

> @"melrokk.5938" said:

> Axe is dead.

> Staff is dead.

> Condi mirage is **dead**.

> Thanks to Anet developers! :angry:

Axe isn't dead.

Staff isn't dead.

Condi Mirage isn't dead.

I still see plenty of Condi mirage in WvW roaming and in groups. The staff nerf the ONLY change thats disappointing is the bleeding duration decrease. The Mirage nerf to Chaos Vortex was fixing an interaction that wans't meant to happen. Thus, not a nerf. A fix.

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"melrokk.5938" said:

> > Axe is dead.

> > Staff is dead.

> > Condi mirage is **dead**.

> > Thanks to Anet developers! :angry:

>

> Axe isn't dead.

> Staff isn't dead.

> Condi Mirage isn't dead.

>

> I still see plenty of Condi mirage in WvW roaming and in groups. The staff nerf the ONLY change thats disappointing is the bleeding duration decrease. The Mirage nerf to Chaos Vortex was fixing an interaction that wans't meant to happen. Thus, not a nerf. A fix.

>

>

They nerfed burning duration and bleed stacks on the ambush too.

> > @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > They nerfed burning duration and bleed stacks on the ambush too.

>

> meh. Hardly a nerf. Unless you're someone that spams dodges to use the attack, i myself dont really. I need to save my dodges so i rarely notice it myself.

>

That is kind of what you are supposed to do on Mirage, especially PvE. Staff will still be useful in PvP but its still a big nerf.

32 seconds of bleeding and 4 seconds of Burning gone from our biggest attack and that is before expertise.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> 32 seconds of bleeding and 4 seconds of Burning gone from our biggest attack and that is before expertise.

32seconds? How many stacks? Because if its a single stack its not that huge and 4seconds of Burning? Thats what maybe 1-2k. Well i guess that is where PvP and PvE is different, unless you're condi Daredevil (spam dodge for condi spamming) then you dont really want to be dodge spamming.

I can tell OP what he's doing wrong.

Don't cancel your auto attack chain. The third hit is huge.

Dodge every time you can. Right as your endurance hits 50%

Use the endurance regeneration food. (can't remember name, check wiki)

Axe damage is basically unchanged. After the needlessly complicated and mostly useless changes.

I've been having DPS problems myself. I can't break 31k, even though all of the rotations/builds are doing 36k.

I can see one problem: the ambushes refuse to work for me. I estimate that one out of every three times I dodge, I won't ambush. I'll just do another auto attack chain. Keep in mind, I do two full auto chains before using an ambush attack to give the clones a chance to do damage, so it isn't the ambush cooldown. It doesn't matter if I mash the auto attack button or just let the game actually go on auto. It doesn't matter of I am dodging, walking into a mirror, or using Illusory Ambush.

The game mechanic just magically doesn't work for me. I don't know what is wrong.

> > Instead of a thousand words...

> > Here is the actual video for condi mirage

> >

>

> Ill be waiting for ACTUAL gameplay, Benchmarks dont always translate into actual gameplay. Look at Ele for example...

Actual gameplay might actually be higher since the boss would be moving...

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > > @"melrokk.5938" said:

> > > Instead of a thousand words...

> > > Here is the actual video for condi mirage

> > >

> >

> > Ill be waiting for ACTUAL gameplay, Benchmarks dont always translate into actual gameplay. Look at Ele for example...

>

> Actual gameplay might actually be higher since the boss would be moving...

Actual gameplay is always lower, guaranteed.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> Actual gameplay might actually be higher since the boss would be moving...

> @"Pyroatheist.9031" said:

> Actual gameplay is always lower, guaranteed.

*Higher than you might think.

It'll absolutely destroy Cairn who's basic attacks make him count as "moving" and it'll be better than before on Matthias (with more cc love from having pistol 5)

Aaaaand, those are the only two bosses I use mirage on, so prospects seem high... From my PoV at least.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> I've been having DPS problems myself. I can't break 31k, even though all of the rotations/builds are doing 36k.

>

> I can see one problem: the ambushes refuse to work for me. I estimate that one out of every three times I dodge, I won't ambush. I'll just do another auto attack chain. Keep in mind, I do two full auto chains before using an ambush attack to give the clones a chance to do damage, so it isn't the ambush cooldown. It doesn't matter if I mash the auto attack button or just let the game actually go on auto. It doesn't matter of I am dodging, walking into a mirror, or using Illusory Ambush.

>

> The game mechanic just magically doesn't work for me. I don't know what is wrong.

Three things:

You often have to press 1 after evading to do your ambush... I don't know if it's a range issue or an issue with mirage cloak, but it's inconsistent--always manually use Ambush even if you play with aa turned on to be safe.

Don't spam evade/step on mirror crystal things... It takes a bit for your axe clones to actually attack (noticeably longer than it takes you because of quickness/manual casting to cancel after animations). If you evade again before you see them launch their axes, you've effectively wasted a mirage cloak cast. Always wait to see/hear them attack if you're not 100% confident on your timing.

Never break your AA chain. Even if you accidentally start an AA chain, let it finish before using a skill/evading because the third hit is around 6 times as powerful as either of the first two strike and is worth getting to.

> @"melrokk.5938" said:

> Instead of a thousand words...

> Here is the actual video for condi mirage

>

This looks like the phant mirage build instead of the clone mirage build. I'm currently running the clone mirage build like found here https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/ and my numbers resemble that of the OP's. I have not tried switching to the phant mirage build but will do so tonight to see if that makes a difference.

> @"Bofouci.1320" said:

> >

>

> This looks like the phant mirage build instead of the clone mirage build. I'm currently running the clone mirage build like found here https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/ and my numbers resemble that of the OP's. I have not tried switching to the phant mirage build but will do so tonight to see if that makes a difference.

That being said; what everyone else has suggested is absolutely crucial to maintaining your dps in letting your auto finish, cancel animations if possible, if you stealth spam 1 to auto attack again and let your clones finish their skills before using skills that would summon a new clone at your location.

> @"Bofouci.1320" said:

> >

>

> This looks like the phant mirage build instead of the clone mirage build. I'm currently running the clone mirage build like found here https://snowcrows.com/raids/mesmer/ and my numbers resemble that of the OP's. I have not tried switching to the phant mirage build but will do so tonight to see if that makes a difference.

How on earth does that look like phantasm mirage and what rock have you lived under the past 5 days?