Suggestion: Allowing to name our mounts

Why?

You never see your mount separate from you? It's not an external entity it's part of you, when other players see you mounted they see your name.

Outside of bloating the already bloated nameplate, there's basically no space for mount names unless it's in a personal window no one else can see, which at that point makes it no different than naming it in your own head-canon.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> Why?

> You never see your mount separate from you? It's not an external entity it's part of you, when other players see you mounted they see your name.

> Outside of bloating the already bloated nameplate, there's basically no space for mount names unless it's in a personal window no one else can see, which at that point makes it no different than naming it in your own head-canon.

While I agree with that I think it would be cool if we were actually able to have our mounts in the home instance running around and then giving them names could make sense

I would like the option to name mount even if it was just being able to change their name in the player interface. These mounts are our character's new companions, it would be nice to have even a minor way to name them.

Rather than bloating the nameplate, I wonder if it would be possible to give mounts a collar or the equivalent with a legible name on it? It would require a texture for each letter and it couldn't be a long name, but might that be possible?

> @"Deathok.2914" said:

> >

> While I agree with that I think it would be cool if we were actually able to have our mounts in the home instance running around and then giving them names could make sense

>

I think a mount stable in the Home instance would be a terrific thing to see! In fact I found thread because I was searching after watching one of Wooden Potatoes GW2 videos where he suggests the same thing.