Question about yearly seasonal achievements

Hello.

So I've noticed that since this Halloween there have been a few repeatable achievements that take a pretty long time to do so I was wondering if these are meant to be completed over multiple years or if those are repeatable each year.

I'm talking in particular about the "New Year's Customs" achievements without the (Annual) annotation.

So "Celestial Messenger", "New Year's Benevolence" and "Firework Festival".

Also out of interested (although I do think the answer is yes) if you miss the "Lunar New Year" achievements this year will you not be able to do them anymore?

Any info would be appreciated. Also preferably with a source or official statement because speculation won't help me much :P

The last few hollidays have had their achievements split into three categories:

1) Dailies, sometimes with a meta-achievement for these similar to Daily Completionist

2) Annual, once-a-year. These start over next year if you don't finish it this year.

3) Long-term, one-and-done permanently, but meant to be something you work on over consecutive years. Does *not* reset.

Thanks for your reply.

I have noticed that as well. So the question is do the ones I have mentioned fall into the third category?

I have also noticed that some of the achievements on the wiki are marked with "This achievement does not count towards the category's meta achievement" so am I right to assume that all of those are supposed to be in the third category?

I mean it would make sense to me and I did kind of assume that's how that worked but I just wanted some confirmation

> @"Redsnabba.9172" said:

> Thanks for your reply.

>

> I have noticed that as well. So the question is do the ones I have mentioned fall into the third category?

>

> I have also noticed that some of the achievements on the wiki are marked with "This achievement does not count towards the category's meta achievement" so am I right to assume that all of those are supposed to be in the third category?

>

> I mean it would make sense to me and I did kind of assume that's how that worked but I just wanted some confirmation

I don't have acess to the game atm, but based on the wording of the patch notes and the achievements according to the wiki, I'd expect those to not reset, but continue next year werever they are left off at the end of this years festival. Like all (iirc) repetable achievements, they are infinitely repeatable, they just stop giving AP after a set amount.

Edit: The ones marked "(Annual)" all give 0 AP. That makes it pretty certain that the other ones are repeatable over several years, so no pressure to have them all done this year.