Heal/Support/Tank Herald

EpheSOSIayer.6370

Hello everyone,

as a main druid you maybe suprised that I look for alternatives for the two full heal druids in the current pug-meta. Because Heal tempest don't bring anything "special" I looked into the revenant. At first, I want to advertise this [heal renegade build](

"heal renegade build") which is really nice. But there are two downsides of this build:

* It has no opportunity to gain fury for the subgroub

* In order to tank with this build (as suggested) it had only one block (staff 3), which is not a "real" block

Thats why I took some investigation in creating a similar build with the herald elite spec. Here is my result:

**Build-Link**

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsemnnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyRU4U5HKIs8ElFNFyegJ8htDIANYtJTpKA-jxxGQBYVfwWV/BAnCAoqEkcPBglq8bI7PEAIB494ecP3DwMNTz0MNTzUlpZammpZammp3TmmpSB43ML-e

At the moment, gw2 skills do not support the selection of givers trinkets, but it is intended to use them instead of harriers in order to get more healing power and to have the highest toughness for sure.

**Rotation**

https://youtu.be/C9TKc9MCXBQ

**Boonuptimes (for five players)**

* 100% Protection

* 100% Fury

* 100% Regeneration

* 100% Swiftness (if you want)

* 100% Alactrity (in theory, not practicaple on most encounters)

* 100% on ~15stacks might

* 100% Assasin's Presence

* 10-20% of every other boon (yeah, quickness too!), assuming someone provides them in a high uptime (70% +)

**Healing**

* Ventarii heals are like the renegade heal, so there is nothing to highlight here

* You don't have the awesome renegade heal AoE, but you can easily bridge over the time you stay on glint with regeneration, shield 4 and staff 4, which are available everytime you are on glint (which is not the case for the renegade heal)

**CC-Skills**

Your main CC-Skills are Staff 2+5 and Glint Elite, overall there is a lot of CC.

**Variations**

* Rotation: As a healer you want to be able to react in a flexibe way, so your rotation can be adapted. In case you need more healing you can stay at ventarii as long as you want and cast "Natural Harmony", if you don't spend your enegry for other skills you are still able to maintain 100% Alactrity, but sooner or later you lose your other boons even if you use your F2 on cooldown.

* Weapons: There is no reason to stay on sword/shield forever as shown in the rotation.

* Energy: On glint you don't need to activate all facets every time, so in general you have a lot of energy on glint that you can investigate for shield 5 and staff 3/4/5. On ventarii you basically need all your energy for Natural Harmony, but for emergency blocks you can use weapon skills, of course.

* Traits: But wait, what about "Facet of Nature"? Unfourtunately keeping up Facet of Nature in Ventarii cost you one Natrual Harmony cast. If you say: "I don't care about these 4s Alacrity" feel free to adapt the build and do it this way. Another oportunity to get both, Facet of Nature and Alactrity, is running Invocation(up, up, mid) over Devastation, but you lose Assasin's Precense then and the rotation is more complicated.

* Gear: The build tries to keep up as many %-heal-Modifiers as possible. However, I'm not a theory crafter, so there might be the case swapping to minstrel gear and take more boon duration in food/runes is the better way. In order to be flexible and be able to keep up alacrity I highly recommend to NOT use sigill of concentration.

It would be wonderful to read what you think about this build in general, but please keep in mind that it is not intended to play this build in groups with only one healer.

for flavor its ok ... but u'll never replace a druid for healing (heal + 25 might + spirits + spotter) or new chrono for tanking (heal + quickness + alac + pretty much eveything else) , basicly everything u can do someone else can do better :)

and from personal experience ... the tempest auramancer is the best healing spec (not counting what each spec brings to the group ... just pure healing)

also right now i think u just need 1 druid healer for most fights ... rest of the healing coming from chrono wells

> @"EpheSOSIayer.6370" said:

> When I present a build for a two healer setup please don't start to discuss about if a 2nd healer is necessary or not.

Raids are timed. Your build has too much healing power and no damage. That makes it a primary healer build.

Second healers run a support build with damage gear. They don't need healing power because they have trait modifiers and there are two of them.

If you want to run a second healer Rev then check out support renegade.