God/Goddess of PVP was cool, how about Fractal Goddess?

Rofl.6937

> @"Henry.5713" said:

> Is anyone even surprised that nobody seemed to care about the title Killer Queen but using God, a word which is already far more gender neutral, rather than having both is a big deal suddenly? The silly and rather self-glorifying PC culture makes it obvious that things aren't that bad after all these days if their biggest issues are coming up with new genders or changing the gender of neutral words so nobody feels offended. Quite frankly, I really do not care either way.

Probably because Killer Queen is a not so subtle reference to the brilliant song by Queen.

I don’t think the God/Goddess suggestions stems from being offended, it just nice to get that choice if we are going to use the term ‘God’.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > Is anyone even surprised that nobody seemed to care about the title Killer Queen but using God, a word which is already far more gender neutral, rather than having both is a big deal suddenly? The silly and rather self-glorifying PC culture makes it obvious that things aren't that bad after all these days if their biggest issues are coming up with new genders or changing the gender of neutral words so nobody feels offended. Quite frankly, I really do not care either way.

>

> Probably because Killer Queen is a not so subtle reference to the brilliant song by Queen.

> I don’t think the God/Goddess suggestions stems from being offended, it just nice to get that choice if we are going to use the term ‘God’.

I like Killer Queen for the very reason, though I know a few girls who use it without getting the reference. The point is that these things only ever go one way.

Like I said, I don't care either way and if people really want to have gendered titles then why not.

> @"Henry.5713" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > > @"Henry.5713" said:

> > > Is anyone even surprised that nobody seemed to care about the title Killer Queen but using God, a word which is already far more gender neutral, rather than having both is a big deal suddenly? The silly and rather self-glorifying PC culture makes it obvious that things aren't that bad after all these days if their biggest issues are coming up with new genders or changing the gender of neutral words so nobody feels offended. Quite frankly, I really do not care either way.

> >

> > Probably because Killer Queen is a not so subtle reference to the brilliant song by Queen.

> > I don’t think the God/Goddess suggestions stems from being offended, it just nice to get that choice if we are going to use the term ‘God’.

>

> I like Killer Queen for the very reason, though I know a few girls who use it without getting the reference. The point is that these things only ever go one way.

> Like I said, I don't care either way and if people really want to have gendered titles then why not.

I would be easier if Anet stopped letting themselves get caught out, and use other terms which don't have gender bias tendencies in the first place (Fractal Deity, Fractal Diviner etc, there's lots of options!)

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> I would be easier if Anet stopped letting themselves get caught out, and use other terms which don't have gender bias tendencies in the first place (Fractal Deity, Fractal Diviner etc, there's lots of options!)

God doesn't have a bias though...It's quite literally gender neutral.

The irony is this debate has happened before, its odd that "now" its a big deal though. I figured if anything this would be a non-factor considering other issues on the radar (bugs/etc).

But sure, im all in on removing cosmic entities from being rewarded as titles and just stick to in world/lore based things. Mists Born comes to mind, or Mists Render etc...Things that pay homage to other things but are still in world valid.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > I would be easier if Anet stopped letting themselves get caught out, and use other terms which don't have gender bias tendencies in the first place (Fractal Deity, Fractal Diviner etc, there's lots of options!)

>

> God doesn't have a bias though...It's quite literally gender neutral.

> The irony is this debate has happened before, its odd that "now" its a big deal though. I figured if anything this would be a non-factor considering other issues on the radar (bugs/etc).

>

> But sure, im all in on removing cosmic entities from being rewarded as titles and just stick to in world/lore based things. Mists Born comes to mind, or Mists Render etc...Things that pay homage to other things but are still in world valid.

Trust me, I don’t really care if it’s neutral or not, but I’d much rather have an option for both god and goddess.

With how Abrahamic religions are God is considered a more masculine noun. It reminds me of a simple phrase ‘God is neither man nor woman, **he** is god.’

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Despond.2174" said:

> > Sigh, politics... God is neutral it doesn't need to be distinguished. When will the madness end. :(

> Different religions have female gods. Actually very few religions have gender neutral gods. Christian god for example is usually considered male

God is portraited as a male but being cosmic, divine entity makes it above genders. God can be male or female or both or none.