Trading Post Exploit/Bug?

Chilli.2976

I've seen this a couple of times now, I obviously do flipping on the trading post and have encountered that when I buy an item cheap and its 1/1 - as soon as it's brought its automatically placed again on the trading post for the same price and won't go away.

Are people using some sort of program to auto place an item after its brought?

It's not bots all the time. There is definitely a bug. To smash said bug do the following:

Buy the single item you want, if another instantly appears, buy two items, thus buying a single unit of the next higher priced item. This breaks the cycle.

I have no proof, but historically I believe I may have made quite a bit of gold due to this. There was a market I was in that was low cost, but commonly only selling one at a time. I felt for a while that I was making more gold than I expected. Unfortunately around the time I started to research it, Heart of Thorns came out and things became unprofitable for me to continue, but I believe it's been happening for years now.

Yes, there are bots, but there is, in my opinion/experience, definitely a bug.

I encountered this plenty of times and its most likely bugged listings that dont show up in the TP UI or the API. The have probably been created through account rollbacks of hacked and banned accounts.

So even though it says that that there are only 10 listings at a certain value, there are actually 35, for example. So you have to buy the 10 listings a couple of times before the ghost listings are gone as well.

While TP bots certainly exist, they arent able to react that fast to your purchase of the listing since they work via API calls and they are limited in in the amount of api calls they can make over a a period of time.

The listing data is not 100% accurate. I don’t know the exact refresh rules, but stale data is very, very common. You have probably experienced this when buying something and getting a few copper refunded because there was a cheaper listing that you weren’t shown.

TP bots exist, but what you describe is often just inaccurate or outdated data being displayed.