16 Phantasmal Berserker Chain?

InsaneQR.7412

I had a discussion lately after the mesmer overhaul about phantasmal berserker, its corresponding trait, chronomancer and chrono phantasma.

Is it really possible with continuum split, traited berserker with chronophantasma and signet if ether to unleash 16 berserkers at a time?

We tried to pull it off but we didnt manage to do so. Any mesmer mains that can approve on this theory craft?

Yes it is possible.

F5 (with 2 or 3 clones out) -> Greatsword spawns 4 berserkers per skill activation (2 with domination grandmaster trait, 2 respawn with chronophantasma = 4 berserkers) -> heal signet -> 4 berserkers again -> f5 -> 4 berserkers -> heal signet -> 4 berserkers makes 16 berserkers in total.

It's quite funny in PvE but in PvP there are way better builds so don't worry it's not op.

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> Yes it is possible.

>

> F5 -> Greatsword spawns 4 berserkers per skill activation (2 with domination grandmaster trait, 2 respawn with chronophantasma = 4 berserkers) -> heal signet -> 4 berserkers again -> f5 -> 4 berserkers -> heal signet -> 4 berserkers makes 16 berserkers in total.

>

>

> It's quite funny in PvE but in PvP there are way better builds so don't worry it's not op.

I don’t think that’s quite right. If you’re using CP then they respawn after the initial two have gone away which makes it to were you won’t have them out at one time. Not only that but if you use heal signet THEN f5 like you’re stating signet will be on CD which eliminates you’re ability to use it in f5 and after it.

F5 gives you an opportunity to use a skill twice. Once while in F5 the other once out.

The activation should look similar to this

F5>zerker>signet>zerker>end f5>zerker>signet>zerker

which nets 8 zerkers because CP only resummons a phantasm after its attack do you won’t have 16 at one time. Total that chain will give you 16 zerker attacks yes, but you won’t see 16 zerkers on the screen which is I believe OP is after.

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > Yes it is possible.

> >

> > F5 -> Greatsword spawns 4 berserkers per skill activation (2 with domination grandmaster trait, 2 respawn with chronophantasma = 4 berserkers) -> heal signet -> 4 berserkers again -> f5 -> 4 berserkers -> heal signet -> 4 berserkers makes 16 berserkers in total.

> >

> >

> > It's quite funny in PvE but in PvP there are way better builds so don't worry it's not op.

>

> I don’t think that’s quite right. If you’re using CP then they respawn after the initial two have gone away which makes it to were you won’t have them out at one time. Not only that but if you use heal signet THEN f5 like you’re stating signet will be on CD which eliminates you’re ability to use it in f5 and after it.

> F5 gives you an opportunity to use a skill twice. Once while in F5 the other once out.

>

> The activation should look similar to this

>

> F5>zerker>signet>zerker>end f5>zerker>signet>zerker

>

> which nets 8 zerkers because CP only resummons a phantasm after its attack do you won’t have 16 at one time. Total that chain will give you 16 zerker attacks yes, but you won’t see 16 zerkers on the screen which is I believe OP is after.

You would also likely need 1-2 clones up to extend CS to cover the 2s of cast times and that's even using CS halfway into the cast of the initial zerker.

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > Yes it is possible.

> >

> > F5 -> Greatsword spawns 4 berserkers per skill activation (2 with domination grandmaster trait, 2 respawn with chronophantasma = 4 berserkers) -> heal signet -> 4 berserkers again -> f5 -> 4 berserkers -> heal signet -> 4 berserkers makes 16 berserkers in total.

> >

> >

> > It's quite funny in PvE but in PvP there are way better builds so don't worry it's not op.

>

> I don’t think that’s quite right. If you’re using CP then they respawn after the initial two have gone away which makes it to were you won’t have them out at one time. Not only that but if you use heal signet THEN f5 like you’re stating signet will be on CD which eliminates you’re ability to use it in f5 and after it.

> F5 gives you an opportunity to use a skill twice. Once while in F5 the other once out.

>

>

>

> which nets 8 zerkers because CP only resummons a phantasm after its attack do you won’t have 16 at one time. Total that chain will give you 16 zerker attacks yes, but you won’t see 16 zerkers on the screen which is I believe OP is after.

I haven't said that 16 berserkers will be on the battlefield at once, but this chain allows you to summon 16 very quickly after one another.

And I didn't say I use heal signet before f5. I use it while I have continuum split active so it will reset the cooldown when I leave it again. You just have to have 2 or 3 clones out before you press f5 so you get a longer duration.

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > Yes it is possible.

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

>

Some clarification here. The point if the thread is: Is it possible to spawn 16 phantasmal berserkers in one coherent rotation. If the are not on the screen at the same time idc.

And Thx for the above it was all i was looking for. I knew the rotation but i just messed up i assume.

@"InsaneQR.7412"

That’s fine but when you have “traited berserker with chronophantasma and signet if ether to unleash 16 berserkers at a time?” The at a time portion reads as 16 at once. The answer to that is no, they won’t be at once but you’ll get them. If you want in the same rotation then yes you can.

So you can see how I would think you wanted at the same time.

> @"InsaneQR.7412"

>

> That’s fine but when you have “traited berserker with chronophantasma and signet if ether to unleash 16 berserkers at a time?” The at a time portion reads as 16 at once. The answer to that is no, they won’t be at once but you’ll get them. If you want in the same rotation then yes you can.

>

> So you can see how I would think you wanted at the same time.

NP it was kinda bad formulated.

> @"KEN.3709" said:

> Any benefits of doing this ? For PVE?

It's probably not the best long-term dps, but... man it's fun. And for open world/events/farming, phantasms have been really strong and enjoyable. Lots of skills to press, good burst. Lots of pets. It's a fun way to play. Best? nope. Good in pvp? probs not. High dps? yeah, but not in a raid setting, most likely.

GS is a great open world weapon set. I think snowcrows just posted a really similar sword based build that also focuses on phantasms, so... at least you wouldn't need to swap your build around too much going from casual PvE to more hardcore stuff.

> @"KEN.3709" said:

> Any benefits of doing this ? For PVE?

I assume the burst would be fantastic.

If you calculate each berserker as 0.75 berserkers due to the dmg reduction from the trait that spawns 2 at once it is the dmg of 12 normal berserker hit in consession.

With the dmg of wells it is for sure a fantastic AoE clearing machine.