Most unused weapons in GW2

Omnicron.2467

Why we only talk about meta builds where there are experimental things that many ppl do all the time and are still pretty good, as far as i know, most of the time meta is referring to max dps, so the question: Is that what every1 is aiming for?

I can tell you from personal experience, you can play around with different combos in every mode and gain proper good results as it is very situational thing we talk about here aka can be good in 1 situation and absolutely countered in another.

> @"Omnicron.2467" said:

> Ok so a few things before I start

> 1. I am talking about Meta builds mostly, indicating that you can use these weapons on classes not mentioned, but that there are alternatives which can perform the role better.

> 2. I know there is a difficulty in comparing how viable a weapon is when sword can be used by 8/9 professions, whereas rifle & longbow can only be used by three professsions

>

> So while thinking about which legendary skins might be worth unlocking I started thinking of another topic altogether, which is how limited some weapons are in the game. Three weapons come to mind as seriously side-lined since they are only viable for use by one profession in one game mode:

>

> 1. Hammer: Only used by Revenant and only in WvW

> 2. Pistol: Only used by Thief in PvP (Or is Core Condition Engi still a thing?)

> 3. Focus: Only used by Mesmer in PvE, and only really in Raids & Fractals

> 4. Mace: Only used by Revenant I think

> 5. Longbow: Only used by Berserker (or are there good Longbow Ranger builds?)

>

> Rifle almost made it, except that it is quite viable for thief in PvP and Engineer uses it (even though you are mostly using kits)

>

> Just seems a bit sad to be if you put effort into an awesome looking Legandary like Hope but hardy get to use the skin.

>

> What weapons do you think are the most underwhelming in their usefulness accross different professions?

Hammer is pretty popular with Guardians these days on sPvP, so is Mace, is a must have for bunker builds on both sPvP and WvW....and Longbow is meta on Ranger on WvW and sPvP....that being said, i wouldt mind a few reworks on some weapons so they become viable and all game modes and not so gimmick...with exception with longbow from ranger, that stuff got overbuffed comparared to what it was from release, could use some nice nerfs

> @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

> We had a similar approach arround the first half of 2016. With the release of Chuka and Champawat and the official annoucement, that this weapon would have been the last of the 2nd lengendary weapon set. We know by now, that this was not the case. But there was a popular discussion on the forums complaining about the cancellation of the project and why the 2nd set included a short-bow, the MOST USELESS weapon in the entire game (back then).

>

> So I am a little surprised, that the shortbow is not on your list. Surprisingly the longbow is now. Most of the entires on your list indicate a tunnel viewed perspective of a single-class player. It is totally acceptable to stick to a single class and ignore the rest, but do not judge about the usefulness of other classes weapons. And stuff like "(Or is Core Condition Engi still a thing?)" and "(or are there good Longbow Ranger builds?)" are proof to me that you do not play them enough to be certain about your statement.

>

> This game lives from diversity. According to the likes of you, everyone should play only the meta-builds and the top 3 or 5 dps classes with the ultimate rotations. It might be most efficient, but it is boring. This is a game, we are here to have fun. Well, most of us.

>

> tl&dr: Only because something is rarely used, it does not mean it is useless.

>

To be fair, at the time of Chuka's release, Shortbow and Rifle were tied as the weapons with the least classes using it. Which is why having it as an early Legendary weapon release wasn't that great.

Now you have Renegade also using it which makes it a tad better, but still, it's almost 2 years later.