Next elite spec weapon

BobbyT.7192

> @"Kriegsfalke.7562" said:

>

> > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> > >

> > > they're all thinking of katanas

> >

> > ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

>

> Wretched arguments against GS fail... Sniper noobs got a rifle as big as a Greatsword super sneaky I know...

>

> Greatsword --> Kensai with Nodachi = Katana with GS-size

>

> Longbow --> Bountyhunter

>

>

>

>

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> > >

> > > they're all thinking of katanas

> >

> > ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

>

> Wretched arguments FOR GS fail...

>

>

>

Keep dreaming, only reason you would ever get a greatsword is because anet is too lazy to work on dual skills. You have been watching to much anime to think greatsword fits thieves. Im sure in the future you will come up with an excuse for warhammers and shields.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katars/Fist Weapons

I'm really hoping next expansion introduce new weapons for the new elite specs and i think these would fit well with Thieves to send them back to their Assassin root. Mix of martial arts and trap gameplay (think Diablo 2 Assassin), along an overhaul to our existing traps and new ones specific to that new spec.

Would also fit with the theme of the expansion (assuming its going to be a Cantha-based one).

> @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

> Thematically, only the focus makes sense. A stealth-heavy magical object. Okay, maybe off hand sword, but we just got a new elite that's kinda getting fixed. Way too early for this convo, no?

I said this bilion times and i see i will have to say it bilion more times beacuse ppl are simply refusing to accept this.

THIEF IS NOT A MAGICIAN!

Stealth is not dark magic it is not shadow magic it is simply game mechanics that is supposed to complement for the fact not eveyone has computer able to show bilions of bushes everywhere, Anet didnt make the game the way we could actually hide, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Cloaking yourself to invisibility doesnt at all have to be magic. It simply can be invention Such as there is stealth gyro. Mainly works for shadowstep since you would love to argue with that It is simply possible that Thieves have a device that will simply port them to shadow of an enemy. Mesmers are magicians they create portal. Thieves are simply sneaky ppl who due to game speed and efficiency of a gameplay were given Shadowstep and stealth to complement the lack of surroundings and actuall hide and seek combat in game.

PLEASE REALIZE THIS TAHNK YOU

> @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

> > Thematically, only the focus makes sense. A stealth-heavy magical object. Okay, maybe off hand sword, but we just got a new elite that's kinda getting fixed. Way too early for this convo, no?

>

> I said this bilion times and i see i will have to say it bilion more times beacuse ppl are simply refusing to accept this.

> THIEF IS NOT A MAGICIAN!

> Stealth is not dark magic it is not shadow magic it is simply game mechanics that is supposed to complement for the fact not eveyone has computer able to show bilions of bushes everywhere, Anet didnt make the game the way we could actually hide, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Cloaking yourself to invisibility doesnt at all have to be magic. It simply can be invention Such as there is stealth gyro. Mainly works for shadowstep since you would love to argue with that It is simply possible that Thieves have a device that will simply port them to shadow of an enemy. Mesmers are magicians they create portal. Thieves are simply sneaky ppl who due to game speed and efficiency of a gameplay were given Shadowstep and stealth to complement the lack of surroundings and actuall hide and seek combat in game.

> PLEASE REALIZE THIS TAHNK YOU

that's where you're wrong kiddo,

all classes use magic, most of it is to enhance attacks but they do use magic but more specificly for thief:

thief uses shadow magic, the deadeye description specifically mentions them using stealth it

>Their mastery of shadow magic lets them cast cantrips

(p.s. cantrips are a typ e of spell so in a sense DE is a shadow mage)

on top of that just because they use a device to stealth/shadowstep doesn't mean they're not using shadow magic. it's entirely possible that they rely on a device to use shadow magic because they're poor spellcasters. although i find it hard to believe that a class that so heavily relies on shadow magic would require machinery to cast spells when spellcasting doesn't seem to be a very difficult/uncommon skill.

i also wanna add that i do agree that a spellcaster thief wouldn't be a good idea but for different reasons.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > > @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

> that's where you're wrong kiddo,

>

> all classes use magic, most of it is to enhance attacks but they do use magic but more specificly for thief:

>

> thief uses shadow magic, the deadeye description specifically mentions them using stealth it

> >Their mastery of shadow magic lets them cast cantrips

> (p.s. cantrips are a typ e of spell so in a sense DE is a shadow mage)

>

> on top of that just because they use a device to stealth/shadowstep doesn't mean they're not using shadow magic. it's entirely possible that they rely on a device to use shadow magic because they're poor spellcasters. although i find it hard to believe that a class that so heavily relies on shadow magic would require machinery to cast spells when spellcasting doesn't seem to be a very difficult/uncommon skill.

>

> i also wanna add that i do agree that a spellcaster thief wouldn't be a good idea but for different reasons.

''Experts at stealth and surprise, thieves can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which can make them very hard to hit.''

this is the very deffinition of Thief from GW2wiki page.

I am not talking about Deadeye beacuse i consider it a huge step aside from a real Thief. I am talking about thief and as you may see. there is nothing about magic except for fact they move through shadows which could clearly be considered as a metaphor for stealthy approaching your target

just to justify more here is deffinition for Daredevil

''Training in the path of the Daredevil does not come easily, but those who dare are rewarded with the reserves that will help them endure as they enter the jungle. Specializing as a daredevil will allow you to wield a staff as a melee weapon and utilize hand-to-hand combat styles with the physical skill category. Additionally, you’ll gain access to a third endurance bar and be able to greatly modify the effects of your dodge ability.''

again nothing about magic.

> > Thematically, only the focus makes sense. A stealth-heavy magical object. Okay, maybe off hand sword, but we just got a new elite that's kinda getting fixed. Way too early for this convo, no?

>

> I said this bilion times and i see i will have to say it bilion more times beacuse ppl are simply refusing to accept this.

> THIEF IS NOT A MAGICIAN!

> Stealth is not dark magic it is not shadow magic it is simply game mechanics that is supposed to complement for the fact not eveyone has computer able to show bilions of bushes everywhere, Anet didnt make the game the way we could actually hide, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. Cloaking yourself to invisibility doesnt at all have to be magic. It simply can be invention Such as there is stealth gyro. Mainly works for shadowstep since you would love to argue with that It is simply possible that Thieves have a device that will simply port them to shadow of an enemy. Mesmers are magicians they create portal. Thieves are simply sneaky ppl who due to game speed and efficiency of a gameplay were given Shadowstep and stealth to complement the lack of surroundings and actuall hide and seek combat in game.

> PLEASE REALIZE THIS TAHNK YOU

Wow, caps really wasn't required to make your point. So I said, stealth-heavy 'magical' object. Focus on stealth-heavy object. And yeah, object. We steal all kinds anyway. Focus just made sense to me, thematically. But I wasn't against off sword either. What's with the angst? Everyone has an opinion. This was a pretty strong reaction for a god-knows-when-this-will-happen just-for-fun post.

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > > > @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

> > that's where you're wrong kiddo,

> >

> > all classes use magic, most of it is to enhance attacks but they do use magic but more specificly for thief:

> >

> > thief uses shadow magic, the deadeye description specifically mentions them using stealth it

> > >Their mastery of shadow magic lets them cast cantrips

> > (p.s. cantrips are a typ e of spell so in a sense DE is a shadow mage)

> >

> > on top of that just because they use a device to stealth/shadowstep doesn't mean they're not using shadow magic. it's entirely possible that they rely on a device to use shadow magic because they're poor spellcasters. although i find it hard to believe that a class that so heavily relies on shadow magic would require machinery to cast spells when spellcasting doesn't seem to be a very difficult/uncommon skill.

> >

> > i also wanna add that i do agree that a spellcaster thief wouldn't be a good idea but for different reasons.

>

> ''Experts at stealth and surprise, thieves can move through the shadows, vanish into thin air, or steal items from their opponents and use them as weapons. Thieves practice an agile, acrobatic fighting style, which can make them very hard to hit.''

> this is the very deffinition of Thief from GW2wiki page.

> I am not talking about Deadeye beacuse i consider it a huge step aside from a real Thief. I am talking about thief and as you may see. there is nothing about magic except for fact they move through shadows which could clearly be considered as a metaphor for stealthy approaching your target

> just to justify more here is deffinition for Daredevil

> ''Training in the path of the Daredevil does not come easily, but those who dare are rewarded with the reserves that will help them endure as they enter the jungle. Specializing as a daredevil will allow you to wield a staff as a melee weapon and utilize hand-to-hand combat styles with the physical skill category. Additionally, you’ll gain access to a third endurance bar and be able to greatly modify the effects of your dodge ability.''

> again nothing about magic.

shadow magic is one of the tools a thief utilizes together with acrobatics, tricks, etc. i never claimed it's the only tool a thief can utilize, that's just stupid.

> I am not talking about Deadeye beacuse i consider it a huge step aside from a real Thief.

if you're just gonna handwave arguments with "i don't consider it valid" because it contradicts your headcanon you're not gonna get anywhere in a discussion about canon.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > > > > @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

> if you're just gonna handwave arguments with "i don't consider it valid" because it contradicts your headcanon you're not gonna get anywhere in a discussion about canon.

Dude i shown you actuall evidence from a site and you say i am waving my own consideration of valitidy of what you guys said. No i dont. It is like that on actual site. I gave you exact quote. And i agree with the qoute that doesnt make it my consideration that makes it what actuall Anet wrote about thief, and how they made it to be. And according to the fact i disagree with DE yea that is my oppinion and you are the one disagreeing with it saying i am just waving my own considerations abou the class. You are right De is supposed to use Cantrips = shadow magic stuff

But i am right as well that thief was meant to bea stealthy guy behind your back not a Magician. De is only elite you dont need to pick. If you want to play magician do play it but it is not what the original of the thief was meant to be and thus thematically it doesnt fit just as DE doesnt fit (as i said)

> @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

> > > @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

> Wow, caps really wasn't required to make your point. So I said, stealth-heavy 'magical' object. Focus on stealth-heavy object. And yeah, object. We steal all kinds anyway. Focus just made sense to me, thematically. But I wasn't against off sword either. What's with the angst? Everyone has an opinion. This was a pretty strong reaction for a god-knows-when-this-will-happen just-for-fun post.

>

maybe i over reacted appologise but i am dealing with this i will call it nonsense here on forums since i came and i always explain it to the person and they are constantly like NO HE IS MAGICIAN and i am getting tired of it. Caps are there just so it looks nice

New Elite Spec : **Ninja** or _whatever, since next expac seems to be Cantha_.

The "Ninja" would introduce fist brawling without actually adding a new weapon in the game. Builder/Spender gameplay. See below.

New weapon : **Off-hand Focus**. Will introduce more shadow magic into the Thief arsenal (yeah I read some people are being angry about magic with Thieves.)

**By selecting this elite spec, your weapon skills will automatically change to :**

* 1, 2 are **bare fist skills** that are independant on your wielded weapons. Animations would be martial art with weapon stowed.

* 3 depends on the combination of your main hand and off hand weapons

* 4 depends on your main hand weapon

* 5 depends on your off hand weapon

Fist skills are generating initiative (builders), 3rd, 4th, 5th are consuming great amount of initiative (finishers). Since the spec would lack sustained ranged damage, Elite skill would be "Shadow Reach" that will enable 1 and 2 to be used at range for x seconds on short/medium cooldown (seems strong but the trade-off is not being able to use another elite skill.)

**F1 **is replaced by a Druid-like stance/kit, **Shadow Embodiement**, that charges its jauge with 1-5 skills. Upon activation, blink strike to the target, switch 1-5 skills to shadowy magic acrobatic melee skills. Short duration.

Utilities are **Mantras **(shadow magic, shadow clones, support)

> > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > @"Jack Redline.5379" said:

> > > > > > @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

>

> > if you're just gonna handwave arguments with "i don't consider it valid" because it contradicts your headcanon you're not gonna get anywhere in a discussion about canon.

>

> Dude i shown you actuall evidence from a site and you say i am waving my own consideration of valitidy of what you guys said. No i dont. It is like that on actual site. I gave you exact quote. And i agree with the qoute that doesnt make it my consideration that makes it what actuall Anet wrote about thief, and how they made it to be. And according to the fact i disagree with DE yea that is my oppinion and you are the one disagreeing with it saying i am just waving my own considerations abou the class. You are right De is supposed to use Cantrips = shadow magic stuff

> But i am right as well that thief was meant to bea stealthy guy behind your back not a Magician. De is only elite you dont need to pick. If you want to play magician do play it but it is not what the original of the thief was meant to be and thus thematically it doesnt fit just as DE doesnt fit (as i said)

the daredevil quote? that doesn't prove anything since they don't exclude eachother, a thief can use both acrobatics and shadow magic at the same time (or use one and not the other or neither). daredevil focuses more on the acrobatics of a thief and deadeye focuses more on the shadow magic side of thief.

> > > > @"Caligrafers Blade.3871" said:

>

> > Wow, caps really wasn't required to make your point. So I said, stealth-heavy 'magical' object. Focus on stealth-heavy object. And yeah, object. We steal all kinds anyway. Focus just made sense to me, thematically. But I wasn't against off sword either. What's with the angst? Everyone has an opinion. This was a pretty strong reaction for a god-knows-when-this-will-happen just-for-fun post.

> >

>

> maybe i over reacted appologise but i am dealing with this i will call it nonsense here on forums since i came and i always explain it to the person and they are constantly like NO HE IS MAGICIAN and i am getting tired of it. Caps are there just so it looks nice

Well, Jack, I must say I love the passion you have for the profession. Yeah, I wouldn't call a Thief a magician either. The reason I chose this profession as my first was because of the acrobatics. Heck, I even run that line now and then just for kicks. We do use stolen magical items, so maybe more magic wielders than magicians. But I guess Anet deliberately leaves the definition to us to interpret in our own way and make it our own.

> @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > @"Jugglemonkey.8741" said:

> > Greatsword, longbow or hammer are most likely as they represent the least work for the devs, when you take dual skills into account.

>

> Yeah, thats probably the reason why they went with staff then rifle :)

doesnt make sense, just look at damn weaver

> @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > @"Kriegsfalke.7562" said:

> >

> > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> > > >

> > > > they're all thinking of katanas

> > >

> > > ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

> >

> > Wretched arguments against GS fail... Sniper noobs got a rifle as big as a Greatsword super sneaky I know...

> >

> > Greatsword --> Kensai with Nodachi = Katana with GS-size

> >

> > Longbow --> Bountyhunter

> >

> >

> >

>

> > @"Kriegsfalke.7562" said:

> >

> > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> > > >

> > > > they're all thinking of katanas

> > >

> > > ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

> >

> > Wretched arguments FOR GS fail...

> >

> >

> >

>

> Keep dreaming, only reason you would ever get a greatsword is because anet is too lazy to work on dual skills. You have been watching to much anime to think greatsword fits thieves. Im sure in the future you will come up with an excuse for warhammers and shields.

First wretched arguments and now no arguments. Nice one... not! What dreams do you have about warhammers and shields? Pls stop listen to conspiracy theories...

> > > @"Kriegsfalke.7562" said:

> > >

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > they're all thinking of katanas

> > > >

> > > > ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

> > >

> > > Wretched arguments against GS fail... Sniper noobs got a rifle as big as a Greatsword super sneaky I know...

> > >

> > > Greatsword --> Kensai with Nodachi = Katana with GS-size

> > >

> > > Longbow --> Bountyhunter

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > > @"Kriegsfalke.7562" said:

> > >

> > > > > @"derd.6413" said:

> > > > > > @"Synstylae.2751" said:

> > > > > > People voting for greatsword: what does greatsword have anything to do with being a sneaky, fast and cunning thief? it would just be a step away from the typical thief weapons, just like staff was. Off-hand sword makes most sense, since we already have main-hand sword and it fits the theme, to be honest they should have added it when they released gw2.

> > > > >

> > > > > they're all thinking of katanas

> > > >

> > > > ahh, katanas and greatswords are very different and so are ninjas and thieves, hopefully they understand this and hopefully anet never allows thieves to use any other 2h weapons.

> > >

> > > Wretched arguments FOR GS fail...

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Keep dreaming, only reason you would ever get a greatsword is because anet is too lazy to work on dual skills. You have been watching to much anime to think greatsword fits thieves. Im sure in the future you will come up with an excuse for warhammers and shields.

>

> First wretched arguments and now no arguments. Nice one... not! What dreams do you have about warhammers and shields? Pls stop listen to conspiracy theories...

What? Try that again or go watch some anime if you are for greatswords.

> @"starlinvf.1358" said:

> > @"Blackari.2051" said:

> > off hand sword and call it bladedancer !

>

> But the blade dancers use daggers....... and a really cheezy stun lock

they use swords, i am sure of it ..... + just because somewhere else they stun lock doesnt mean they have to in GW2

• 3 weeks later...